Show us BB10 working on a Playbook already!

Seeing demonstrations of the new BB10 phones is nice, but I'd like to see what more BB10 could do to take advantage of the Playbook's bigger screen. E.g. the differences between its tablet UI versus phone UI.

Or do you think pretty much everything will be identical to what we see demoed thus far, and there's really nothing to show us that we haven't already seen?

Maybe it's just not ready yet. But I'd sure love some new life thrown into my tablet. What better way to sell BB10 phones than to show someone my BB10 Playbook and tell them "oh, yeah, Blackberry also has this *dramatic pause* in a phone..."

/end
    CairnsRock likes this.
    09-27-12 10:55 AM
    Feel better now?

Patience is a virtue.
    bitek likes this.
    09-27-12 10:58 AM
    It's already on the PlayBook internally but us as consumers will just have to wait!
    09-27-12 11:11 AM
    Maybe this? Source : rapidberry.net

BlackBerry 10 Apps running on BlackBerry PlayBook?

Posted September 27, 2012 by Rapid John in News
    A few developers have been playing with the apps on the new BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha and are claiming that they have managed toget BlackBerry 10 apps running on the BlackBerry PlayBook.

The picture we’re showing here appears to be the BBM beta for BlackBerry 10 running on the PlayBook.

The source is a German BlackBerry forum site, but we assume that they used the latest OS for the Dev Alpha device and ported it over.

A few devs have been trying to get the whole OS running on the PlayBook but at this point in time, there are no reports of anybody having managed it.

If you’ve managed it, let us know.
    09-27-12 01:17 PM
    maybe come CES we will start to see glimpses of the playbook with BB10.
    09-27-12 01:28 PM
    They're barely done designing the phones, and you already want to see it on Playbook. Chill bro.
    09-27-12 02:13 PM
    lol any pics yet?
    12-18-12 04:55 PM
    lol any pics yet?
    Look in the OS subforum. Some people are already running BB10 on their Playbooks.
    12-18-12 06:39 PM
    It will be interesting to see how they implement BB10 on the PlayBook. I wonder if it will be an identical UI to the one on the phone or will there be changes to take advantage of the greater screen real estate.
    12-18-12 07:26 PM
    Feel better now?

Patience is a virtue.
    True except Research In Motion has exhausted the patience of the majority of BlackBerry smartphone and tablet users. There is no reason for BlackBerry OS 10 not to be ready for the BlackBerry PlayBook within a week of the release of the first BlackBerry 10 smartphone. The UI should be completely separate from the OS eliminating any excuse that the smartphone UI and tablet UI could have been developed in parallel even if the underlying OS was still in flux. If BlackBerry OS 10 on the smartphone cannot communicate via BlackBerry Bridge with the BlackBerry PlayBook running BlackBerry Tablet OS 2.1.0.1088, it will be another fumble for Team BlackBerry as the final horn sounds.
    CairnsRock and TroubleTrouble like this.
    12-18-12 09:31 PM
    It's already on the PlayBook internally but us as consumers will just have to wait!
    Access to the RIM corporate network is likely configured on the internal-use BlackBerry PlayBooks. What is your point? By the time we get BlackBerry OS 10 on the BlackBerry PlayBook the "leapfrog features" will be arthritic. Ha! Ha! Calm down, I am kidding.
    12-18-12 09:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD