The big update for the Dev Alpha is live!

Downloading now... 56 modules

New tool available here:
    https://developer.blackberry.com/bla...valphas/update
    Last edited by reflectz; 09-25-12 at 01:27 PM.
    09-25-12 12:39 PM
    Downloading.........
    hope native music, contact and lot more apps
    09-25-12 12:54 PM
    i"m excited hope it is the big update, now gonna install!
    09-25-12 12:58 PM
    The big update for the Dev Alpha is live!

Downloading now... 56 modules
    did you have to do anything special?
    09-25-12 12:58 PM
    did you have to do anything special?
    yes go to here: https://developer.blackberry.com/dev...ha_update.html

there is a new tool to update
    09-25-12 01:04 PM
    Silly question...but I like living dangerously...I read somewhere about running the Dev Alpha OS releases on the Playbook - I want some BB10 goodness to play with right now...any chance anyone could upload the OS once sorted?
    Last edited by iBenRowe; 09-25-12 at 01:08 PM.
    09-25-12 01:05 PM
    Lol I cannot download the tool... the download link loops back to the same page... can anyone post or pm me the direct link address?
    09-25-12 01:20 PM
    Lol nevermind... sill RIM and disabling stuff when you are using the blackberry hotspot. I switched to my wifi network and the link works fine.

*edit* I guess to be fair the webpage detects what OS you are running (by browser type maybe?) and shows the appropriate download link... so the hostpot running through my 9900 confusing the heck out of the page and it displays nothing.
    Last edited by altrax; 09-25-12 at 01:25 PM.
    09-25-12 01:22 PM
    Lol I cannot download the tool... the download link loops back to the same page... can anyone post or pm me the direct link address?
    Try

https://developer.blackberry.com/dev...rry10devalpha/

Click on "New software available for the BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha Device!"
    09-25-12 01:24 PM
    Just open desktop manager and connect ur dev a, then in ur dev a hit restart phone. When it restarts it will ask for to retry update or cancel. hit update then repair then put ur password in and it will update 56 modules download
    09-25-12 01:27 PM
    New in this release

This release offers your first peek at our BlackBerry 10 OS experience, including some of our core apps and new gestures! The following apps and screens are available in this release:

BlackBerry Messenger (BBM)
    BlackBerry App World storefront (purchases are disabled)
    Browser
    Calendar
    Camera
    Contacts
    Games
    Home screen
    Lock screen
    Out of the box experience
    Settings

To find out more about the gestures on the device, visit the Keyboard and gesture tips.

more : https://developer.blackberry.com/dev...easenotes.html
    09-25-12 01:30 PM
    Very exciting!!!
    09-25-12 01:42 PM
    I can not get this to update using my mac... is anyone using a mac?
    09-25-12 01:50 PM
    Downloading right now! Cannot wait to test it!!!
    09-25-12 01:51 PM
    I'm having trouble updating the device. I keep getting the 'Thank you for participating!' screen. I've had a few instances where I was able to get into the OS and try updating. It would say Install complete but it would not reboot the phone and my phone would still be on the same OS it was on before.

Any ideas?
    09-25-12 01:51 PM
    Im downloading now. but can anyone confirm email / texting capabilities (assuming you have a sim.)

I am pretty sure they would have email available but texting would be cool
    jerryeight likes this.
    09-25-12 01:53 PM
    error on installing installing every time, i tried desktop manager, then the new apploader, now i'm back to the familiar dev alpha random blinking red led and refusal to turn on.
    09-25-12 01:55 PM
    Im downloading now. but can anyone confirm email / texting capabilities (assuming you have a sim.)

I am pretty sure they would have email available but texting would be cool
    I don't see any e-mail or texting capabilities - looks like the BlackBerry hub is a placeholder "Coming Soon..." as well. BBM is available.

I can't get my SIM card to recognize in any of the betas...Any suggestions?

error on installing installing every time, i tried desktop manager, then the new apploader, now i'm back to the familiar dev alpha random blinking red led and refusal to turn on.
    I had the same issue, had to install the new AppLoader "AppLoaderWebSL_7.1.0.34" and then run WipeReload.bat and it took awhile but it downloaded 2 modules and it worked for me...
    mevok likes this.
    09-25-12 01:56 PM
    For those having trouble. download the apploader file listed in the first post but then instead of just running the .bat file run the apploader msi file

After running the and installing the msi file my Desktop Manager will now successfully (fingers crossed) debrick my DevAlpha... before it was erroring out before it started every time
    Steve Rizla likes this.
    09-25-12 01:58 PM
    I'm having trouble updating the device. I keep getting the 'Thank you for participating!' screen. I've had a few instances where I was able to get into the OS and try updating. It would say Install complete but it would not reboot the phone and my phone would still be on the same OS it was on before.

Any ideas?
    I connected my device and the used the power down button to turn my device off, then back on. I was able to finally select repair and now the update is going through. I got the BlackBerry 10 splash screen on it.

Back up your device if you have any apps that you want to keep.
    09-25-12 02:18 PM
    For those having trouble. download the apploader file listed in the first post but then instead of just running the .bat file run the apploader msi file

After running the and installing the msi file my Desktop Manager will now successfully (fingers crossed) debrick my DevAlpha... before it was erroring out before it started every time
    Thanks! That did the trick
    09-25-12 02:31 PM
    I have just downloaded the update and installed on my alpha. However when I am unlocking the home screen and it is asking me for a password.

Anyone have any ideas what this could be as I haven't set one on the device?
    09-25-12 02:38 PM

Worked for me as well.
    09-25-12 02:41 PM
    I have just downloaded the update and installed on my alpha. However when I am unlocking the home screen and it is asking me for a password.

Anyone have any ideas what this could be as I haven't set one on the device?
    Have you tried using your development mode password? I have noticed that when you set this password it also sets it as your device password.
    09-25-12 02:42 PM
    Have you tried using your development mode password? I have noticed that when you set this password it also sets it as your device password.
    Nope that was the first thing I tried.

If no one else is having this issue then I guess I'll have to wipe and try again.
    09-25-12 02:45 PM
116 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD