and thats only because they are totally sold out. Most likely would of sold close to 10 million if they had the supply. Will the all touch BB10 sell this much you think? discuss...

iPhone 5 launch sales 2012 - 5 million in first weekend: Apple

update: this figure is only for phones shipped, does not count the pre orders that have not shipped because of being able to make them fast enough.

and not even out in most countries yet...
    Last edited by voyager01; 09-24-12 at 09:14 AM.
    09-24-12 08:05 AM
    Yeah, those things are selling like hotcakes. Not surprising really, since a lot of folks were unimpressed with the 4s and waited out for this phone prior to upgrading from their previous i-device.
    09-24-12 08:10 AM
    Yeah, those things are selling like hotcakes. Not surprising really, since a lot of folks were unimpressed with the 4s and waited out for this phone prior to upgrading from their previous i-device.
    I thought they were all unimpressed with the 5 also...
    09-24-12 08:14 AM
    You seem to forget there are a lot of people who upgraded from non-iPhones (ie. BB, dumb-phones, etc) to the iPhone 5. You can bet RIM lost a lot of customers to the iPhone 5.
    09-24-12 08:17 AM
    That's the cult mentality at work. Malcolm Gladwell should write a book about this.
    09-24-12 08:20 AM
    and thats only because they are totally sold out. Most likely would of sold close to 10 million if they had the supply. Will the all touch BB10 sell this much you think? discuss...

iPhone 5 launch sales 2012 - 5 million in first weekend: Apple
    It's "would have", not "would of"
    andy957, Wmsi, Blacklatino and 1 others like this.
    09-24-12 08:26 AM
    Apparently not. Though the critics may have been unimpressed, the sales numbers beg to diffier.

Heck, USA Today is even projecting a bump in the US economy due to the sale of the things.
    09-24-12 08:26 AM
    The stock market is not impressed with five million. The consensus was eight to ten million in the first weekend.

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=aapl&ql=1
    undone, rigwrecker and Superfly_FR like this.
    09-24-12 08:28 AM
    The stock market is not impressed with five million. The consensus was eight to ten million in the first weekend.

AAPL: Summary for Apple Inc.- Yahoo! Finance
    Yeah thats what I read also but I guess the analysts who predict this stuff dont know about supply chain and apple cant make them fast enough LOL.
    richardat likes this.
    09-24-12 08:32 AM
    I'm not sure where that consensus came from, since at the moment the only thing limiting iPhone 5 sales is how quickly Apple can make the things.

At any rate, if the first BB10 devices launch with 10% of what the iPhone 5 is selling, that would be a really, really good start.
    richardat likes this.
    09-24-12 08:34 AM

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=aapl&ql=1
    I believe the consensus was 10 million in the remainder of September.

Sent from my iPhone4s using Tapatalk
    You seem to forget there are a lot of people who upgraded from non-iPhones (ie. BB, dumb-phones, etc) to the iPhone 5. You can bet RIM lost a lot of customers to the iPhone 5.
    And there will be just as many in looking or ready for an upgrade most months.
    The Internet wasn't impressed with them. Personally I hate apple. The UI on the iphone is outdated imo and I hate how they always sue the competition.
    lovin2act likes this.
    09-24-12 08:36 AM
    update at OP
    09-24-12 08:37 AM
    Yeah thats what I read also but I guess the analysts who predict this stuff dont know about supply chain and apple cant make them fast enough LOL.
    I think the negative impact on the stock is that Apple really did have supply constraints. There is an old expression, make hay when the sun shines. The sun is shining on the iPhone 5, but they can't make the hay.
    richardat likes this.
    09-24-12 08:38 AM

I think that was what I heard as well, but I would bet that didnt take into account supply chain problems. Oddly enough, Tim Cook is a supply chain 'genius' but I am going to beat the talk on the street will lead to who ever replaced him isnt quite as good and Apple is going to experience slower growth for lack of ability to properly manage demand.
    Last edited by undone; 09-24-12 at 08:46 AM.
    09-24-12 08:40 AM

From CNBC:

The next key Apple data point will be Sunday when Apple releases numbers for the first full weekend of iPhone 5 sales. Misek expects big numbers out of Apple, and said anything greater than 6 million units would be a huge positive.

�There�s this view on Wall Street that there are significant supply constraints even now and there are only 5 or 6 million units that they can produce by the end of the month,� the analyst said, adding a number above 6 million would put these concerns to rest.

Misek is even more optimistic. He expects Apple to sell 8 million units after the first weekend, including pre-orders.

CNBC Stock Market News
    09-24-12 08:42 AM
    From CNBC:

Misek is even more optimistic. He expects Apple to sell 8 million units after the first weekend, including pre-orders.

CNBC Stock Market News
    5 Million was not including the pre orders that have not shipped yet, only the orders that we fullfilled before 4 am and delivered this friday and the people who waited in line for them.
    09-24-12 08:47 AM
    Shouldn't this thread be in the Apple forum, merged with the similar thread started by xandermac?

Btw, I am a Mac user, posted this from my iMac
    kbz1960, bungaboy and andy957 like this.
    09-24-12 09:18 AM
    An iphone 5 camera review and MORE:
    The Truly Unbiased iPhone 5 Review & Samsung Galaxy Comparison

Quite a difference in picture quality!!
    andy957 likes this.
    09-24-12 09:23 AM
    From CNBC:

The next key Apple data point will be Sunday when Apple releases numbers for the first full weekend of iPhone 5 sales. Misek expects big numbers out of Apple, and said anything greater than 6 million units would be a huge positive.

�There�s this view on Wall Street that there are significant supply constraints even now and there are only 5 or 6 million units that they can produce by the end of the month,� the analyst said, adding a number above 6 million would put these concerns to rest.

CNBC Stock Market News
    Not sure if I dislike this Misek character more or Apple more..... Both have this prevailing arrogant high and mighty god complex. One is this huge Juggernaut whale that destroys everything in it's path and the other is a blood sucking parasite that hitches a free ride and feeds on the whales anal polyps (or in other words anal-cysts )
    09-24-12 09:24 AM
    The Internet wasn't impressed with them. Personally I hate apple. The UI on the iphone is outdated imo and I hate how they always sue the competition.
    This is the one aspect of the iPhone and iPad that will hurt Apple down the road - the UI.

I often refer to it as Windows 3.1 - where you have a bunch of icons slopped together on the desktop and little intuitiveness. Like Windows 3.1, iOS runs very fast and smooth on current hardware - but it should with how limited the UI is.

I don't know how easy/hard it would be for Apple to do a REAL upgrade of iOS where you get better multitasking and a UI that's intuitive, offers more customization and has the equivalent of widgets/tiles - without it breaking their current apps.
    I suspect it's not an easy task or Apple would have done something at this point to compete with Android and WP7/WP8 in this regard. They're selling a boatload of phones/tablets still - but Samsung/Android are taking nice bites of marketshare away from them (at least in the phone market, tablets are underwhelming still) - and it will continue to get worse.
    09-24-12 09:29 AM
    An iphone 5 camera review and MORE:
    The Truly Unbiased iPhone 5 Review & Samsung Galaxy Comparison

Quite a difference in picture quality!!
    lol and why did you post this?
    09-24-12 09:29 AM
    Unless it's food and water during a global disaster, nothing (in a rational world) should sell like this. It's just, sad.
    09-24-12 09:31 AM
    Why is it sad? People want to buy it. What makes it irrational?
    Because it's not a BlackBerry?

Will you feel the same way when there are huge lines to buy BB 10 devices?
    richardat likes this.
    09-24-12 09:36 AM
127 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD