I bought a Torch 9850 from ebay... The seller said it was in a boot loop. When I got it the thing would not turn on at all. The phone just blinks 4 red lights. I have pulled the battery, I have put another battery in it, I have left it charging for 4 hours, I have tried to restore via desktop manager and app launcher (computer will not detect the device) and I did try to pull the battery and put it back in while the drop down menu was open in app launcher where you select the device and still nothing, I have tried the jl_cmder and it also does not detect the phone. The odd thing is that if I plug the phone into a computer with no bb drivers installed I get the hour glass for a second on the mouse cursor and then it goes away. But with the bb drivers installed it does nothing at all. The phone does not seem to have any liquid damage. Is there any way to fix this other than sending it in for repair? I have heard it could be the boot/power ic but where is it on the motherboard and where do I buy a new one? Any suggestions on how I could fix this phone?
    09-23-12 03:45 PM
    09-24-12 12:22 PM
    This happened to my other 9850. I thought it was fixable. I followed just about every instructions on how to "unuke" a BlackBerry on CB, and all the things you mentioned, but I could not get it fixed. I just had it replaced.
    09-24-12 12:43 PM
    Ditto. I wasted a lot of time on those "un-nuking" instructions before ultimately having my phone replaced, and replaced a second time when the same thing happened to the replacement phone.

Blinking Red Lights = The Kiss of Death
    09-25-12 06:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD