hi there, i know there are a couple of similar threads but I didn't want to hijack anyone elses, so I thought I'd make my own.

my sister's 9700 just got slammed to the ground by her toddler and now the screen is completely white so i'm assuming the lcd needs to be replaced. She's shipping the phone to me because there's no service center near her house. I've enquired around and there's only one shop here who will replace the lcd at a cost of $100. There will be no guarantee/warranty on the lcd.

So my question is, what if I was to do it myself? I know the rule is never to buy on ebay but i've found a few sellers who are supposedly selling oem displays (Grade A) brand new with 99% or above feedback. I have no way of knowing what display the mobile shop will be putting in (makes me worried, especially with no warranty) which is the only reason i'm thinking of doing it myself. Do you guys have any experience or recommended sellers? i've attached the links of the sellers that I think are decent. (i'm aware that I need a specific lcd code which i'll know only when I get the phone, right now, i'm trying to find a seller). thanks for any help you guys can provide.

BLACKBERRY BOLD 9700 001/111 LCD SCREEN REPLACEMENT | eBay

Blackberry Bold 9700 LCD Display Screen ver. 004 US | eBay

BLACKBERRY BOLD 9700 004/111 LCD SCREEN REPLACEMENT | eBay

New Blackberry 9700 LCD Display Screen 002/111 USA | eBay

Blackberry 9700 LCD Original (OEM) (Type = 001/111) | eBay

BLACKBERRY BOLD 9700 001/111 LCD SCREEN REPLACEMENT | eBay

Blackberry 9700 9780 LCD 001 002 004 402 Display Monitor Screen Replacement | eBay
    09-22-12 06:26 AM
    make sure to match the version #, that is the most important, and I would stay away from cheaper screens, I have been burned by some of the screens under $40 before.

the version is etched on the back of the LCD
    09-22-12 01:10 PM
    I'll definately match the version # first. Just wanted to know if anyone has any good experiences with ebay screens. I've emailed a few of these sellers asking if the screens are os6 compatible and if they really are oem. Waiting to hear back.
    09-22-12 03:06 PM
    I'll definately match the version # first. Just wanted to know if anyone has any good experiences with ebay screens. I've emailed a few of these sellers asking if the screens are os6 compatible and if they really are oem. Waiting to hear back.
    It'll be just fine if the # match your broken one. Just give it a go
    09-23-12 10:26 AM
    i picked uip a screen from ebay for the good ladies bold, was �20 delivered - shortly after price shot up to �40! screen was absolutely fine, plugged in, re-assembled and as good as new,

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    09-24-12 03:35 AM
    its best to get the genuine screens , but if not stay away from screens from china always come cheap and low quality at the moment i hardly can see what is on my 9700 screen made the mistake of buying from china 002/111 for �22.50 im regretting in the long run.

Genuine my friend is the best answer
    09-26-12 07:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD