I don't know what others think but I am getting more and more contacts in my video chat these days. And it strikes me that there are a lot of new Playbook owners on the forum as well.

Again, perhaps I am wrong but Playbooks seem to hard to find because stores are selling out. I know for a fact that they are getting more because stores are taking orders from friends of mine. So the stores are expecting shipments.

I know this all has to do with the price but it seems to me the more PlayBook owners out there the better. Anybody else have the same feeling that our numbers are growing?
    09-20-12 08:49 PM
    Ya, i have seen an increase out in public
    09-20-12 08:55 PM
    Unfortunately, I left my PB out in the rain. I'm having trouble bringing it back to life. So I went to Staples today to get a new one since they are so cheap right now. I'm number 62 on the back order list. I won't get a new one till Oct 5. That's over 2 weeks!!!
    09-20-12 09:00 PM
    I agree it is price driven but who cares why? The more people who use it will find out what a great deal they got. As RIM'S chief marketing officer has said, part of the sell of BB10 will be by word of mouth of BlackBerry users. The more people using Playbooks and liking them, the better the buzz in the community, and we all know BlackBerry can use some buzz, especially in North America.
    09-20-12 09:26 PM
    It' because of the firesale price and not because it's all the sudden popular. You put an ipad at the price that pb is going for right now and even the homeless would buy it.

Jessica
    I think iphones are becoming an old fad...I have a few friends who are either getting GSIII or holding out for another phone....but one thing I know is that at least 8 of my friends are holding out for BB10...They dont have BBs at the moment...
    Three days ago i met up with an old friend of mine, he saw my playbook and said he got one at the start of the year, I guess around the time when they first went on sale, but he couldn't even turn it on....That old red light blink problem, I fixed it up for him and updated to 2.1 beta and some sideloaded apps...he seems to love it...He has had an iphone for a long time....I am guessing after getting used to of playbook he is definatley gonna give BB10 a thought..I think, these playbooks are gonna work as a perfect springboard for BB10...Most of the people who ditched BBs was because of the endless complicated menus in BBs...
    It could just be the circles around me...but that is what maters to me...more bbm contacts..just cant wait for BB10 to arrive..
    esk369 likes this.
    09-20-12 09:48 PM
    Endless complicated menus??

You mean options? That's why I love my BlackBerry, because it gets sh! T done...If you know how to use it properly. I can multi task on my BlackBerry and do things much much faster than any other phone I've used. All from one hand too!
    09-20-12 09:57 PM
    It' because of the firesale price and not because it's all the sudden popular. You put an ipad at the price that pb is going for right now and even the homeless would buy it.

Jessica
    As long as they get them into peoples hands its a potential win for rim the more people using them the better and when BBX hits if it lives up to half the hype rim could potentially see their fortunes turn around if.
    And I would imagine it would take in terms of years to catch up to apple and android imho.
    09-20-12 09:57 PM
    Endless complicated menus??

You mean options? That's why I love my BlackBerry, because it gets sh! T done...If you know how to use it properly. I can multi task on my BlackBerry and do things much much faster than any other phone I've used. All from one hand too!
    And all you need is that one thumb on that one hand.
    09-20-12 10:04 PM
    At least for me, I have started using my playbook on the subway and streetcars during rush hours. I usually transfer my tv programs onto my playbook. It beats doing crossword puzzles. I think as many people as possible should do the same to get the attention for the playbook.
    09-20-12 10:31 PM
    Buy.com was selling new 64gb PlayBooks on ebay the other day for $206.99 including shipping.
    They had 320 units and sold out in a several hours.

09-20-12 10:47 PM
    Calgary is completely sold out found 3 at the Future Shop in Kelowna BC on way through yesterday
    09-20-12 11:15 PM
    Well, we don't have many Playbook owners in South Africa, but when it comes to smartphones, BB OWNS the market share here.
    Dapper37 likes this.
    09-21-12 01:26 AM
    This could ultimately be a marketing ploy by RIM as well; flood the market with cheap PlayBooks, upgrade them to BB10 and announce the BB10 phones that will be running the same OS.
    09-21-12 01:32 AM
    This could ultimately be a marketing ploy by RIM as well; flood the market with cheap PlayBooks, upgrade them to BB10 and announce the BB10 phones that will be running the same OS.
    I don't think the current playbook OS is good enough to market. I can't recommend the playbook to my parents or really most people, because I know what they want. The apps they have heard about. The iPad is really the only option out there for them, as the quantity and quality of apps blows even android out of the water.
    09-21-12 07:21 AM
    Writing off unsold inventory and slashing prices is not a marketing ploy.

Guess we will hear next Friday how things are going.
    09-21-12 07:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD