Hello friends,
    I know the title of the thread seems quite strange. I even found it funny while typing.
    But the point is that I saw (and read) so many threads about batteries and chargers but didn't find even one thread about our Playbook case that comes in the box. I think it's called "silicon case". I've been using my playbook for 10-11 months and noticed that my case is dirty. I wanted to know if it's safe to wash it? If yes, washing machine or hand wash? Using only water or detergent (safely)?
    Thanks a lot for your help.

Edit: Just checked in the shop crackberry and this case is listed as "BlackBerry Neoprene Sleeve for PlayBook". It came in the box with my playbook.
    09-16-12 02:52 PM
    You can safely wash it in any mild detergent. I would use dish soap, by hand, rinse thoroughly, air dry.
    usedberry likes this.
    09-16-12 02:59 PM
    You could probably clean it with soap and water by hand. A gentle scrubbing with a nail brush probably wouldn't hurt it either.

Of course if you have a load of "delicates" going into the machine, and there is a gentle cycle, it probably would be okay - just don't put it in the dryer.

Hope that helps.
    usedberry likes this.
    09-16-12 03:03 PM
    Agree with the above. I'd probably put it in a net bag designed for delicates and throw it in the machine and then air dry it. Shouldn't give you any problems.
    09-16-12 04:50 PM
    Hand wash in the sink.. paper towel or air dry. Good to Go.
    09-16-12 07:15 PM
    I throw it in with my laundry every couple of weeks... Seems fine to me
    09-16-12 07:19 PM
    people still use that? LOL with so many great deals for cases for the playbook I figured people NEVER use it! mine is never used in the box! LOL
    09-16-12 09:30 PM
    Sorry for hijacking this thread, but I've been meaning to post something similar.

Recently while hiking and using my PlayBook to record a video of my adventures, I slipped and fell and dropped my PlayBook in the mud

All is well, apart from a couple of scratches on the back (I don't like using cases), but some mud got into one of the speaker grills. Is there any way to clean this and clear the mud?
    09-17-12 02:41 AM
    Sorry for hijacking this thread, but I've been meaning to post something similar.

Recently while hiking and using my PlayBook to record a video of my adventures, I slipped and fell and dropped my PlayBook in the mud

All is well, apart from a couple of scratches on the back (I don't like using cases), but some mud got into one of the speaker grills. Is there any way to clean this and clear the mud?
    Pick out as much as possible with the pb screen facing down so it drops away - using a toothpick and gentle actions. Then use a vacuum. I would not use any moisture or VERY little. If dry work carefully, again screen downward and vacuum. Good luck.
    09-17-12 09:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD