[Complete Speculation] i put this in since last time i was flamed for good information.
    If you want to live in lala land ignore this post. If you think i am a troll, you are wrong, i want bb10 to succeed for many reasons. on the other hand, truth is also important.

more information coming from my friends in rim.

BB10 is having problems with the carrier testing. this always happens but they think it is worse this time. they tell me that it might be march 2013 when a carrier will really release the phone instead of jan 2013. so we have 7 months to wait for this phone. some carriers will probably april or june. there are some power consumption problems plus the phone is very buggy and not working also with the various offboard services (?). they also tell me that the company they bought called newbay is not going to be used for anything in bb10 since there was some power struggle in rim and dan dodge wanted to it himself with other companies. they seemed pretty scared, compared to last time on the size of train wreck.

the other thing they told me was that rim makes lots of money on access fees that the carriers pay them but the us carriers are now refusing to pay these monthly fees since rim no longer provides much extra features and cant command this service fee. this is a big blow since it sets the baseline for the monthly access fee that has been generating the profit for the company. the phone teams have been running losses for many years by themselves based solely on the phones. Thorsten knows this and it will be interesting to see if he makes it clear that the bb10 access fees in north america are 0 or close to zero since this is financially relevant to the future of the company. my friends dont think he will come clean. they told me that politics of incompetent bb10 and qnx leaders along with the pressure has caused all kinds of silliness to occur. keep your head down and dont rock the boat even if you are trying to help.

the planning at the executive level for more layoffs after christmas has already begun since revenues are going down faster and without the high access fees that bb10 would bring, profits are dropping faster and faster. even in the third world markets there is a slow down overall on bb4,5,6,7 sales and lower profits of the low end phones.

playbook might see the bb10 version of the software in june of next year but it is a very low priority and rim is losing money on it so who knows.

dont get me wrong, i want bb10 to succeed, but it was pretty depressing talking to my rim friends yesterday.
    09-15-12 10:21 PM
    Cool story bro
    Don't get me wrong, i want to believe every word you say.
    But I think you are a troll [complete speculation]
    Balti43 likes this.
    09-15-12 10:38 PM
    You do realize that this nonsense goes against everything we see and hear about in the media today. You can't say anything positive about Heins, about BB 10 and about the launch dates etc., when the media, analysts and carriers ALL talk about how wonderful/sharp BB 10 looks, the flow function is amazing and "this might bring RIM back into smartphone race". Yet you come here and fail to say one decent thing about the company even though there is not a shred of evidence that any of your claims can/could be real.

In particular, one analyst who can't seem to say enough bad things about RIM has completely turned 180 degrees and now claims it has a huge "wow" factor about it. None of this reality seems to support your comments here.

I have to conclude that the media, analysts and carriers have it right and that your claims of problems are based of fiction.
    09-15-12 10:41 PM
    Which markets are BBOS 4 and 5 devices being sold?
    09-15-12 10:49 PM
    Where is this even coming from?
    09-15-12 11:01 PM
    Hi bb10fan12,

Can you post the link to the thread where you said you got flamed for posting good information?
    09-15-12 11:03 PM
    @BB10Fan12: Thanks for the information. For a "troll" you spend a lot of energy into your posts, so I am beginning to doubt that you really are one. I don't know the future, so you could be totally right and I admit that. As a very proud owner of the playbook and bold and RIM stocks, (and it seems for your sake as a loyal fan as well) I sincerely hope you are wrong! But thanks for the information my friend!
    09-15-12 11:05 PM
    BB10Fan12 if you were flamed before, how come this is your first post.. now take a holiday...
    Balti43 likes this.
    09-15-12 11:23 PM
    Well there was the guy that had a friend who did carrier testing and they had not received the phones, and therefore there was no way we would see a release in the fall.

Anyway, the one thing I am doubtful is the problems with the testing. With the Playbook LTE having already been cleared by carriers, you would think there should not be any problems with the phones. Plus carriers are probably will soon be getting the phones for testing and not have them already.

The squeeze on monthly fees I believe is already happening, so nothing surprising there. As for the internal politics, that I could believe.

Anyway, this is complete speculation, but wait till Sept 27 for the earnings call. If there is any possiblity of a delay, it must be reported then.
    09-15-12 11:38 PM
    Since this is all speculation and the OP really has nothing more to add, let's just go ahead and leave this one in a read only state. I want the OP to be heard but I don't want to deal with this thread falling to crap so.. read the post, take it FWIW and move on.
    09-15-12 11:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD