could bb10 be ported to os7 devices??
    09-15-12 12:06 PM
    No. Not going to happen.
    09-15-12 12:20 PM
    could bb10 be ported to os7 devices??

this has been discussed ad nuseam. the answer is NO.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860
    09-15-12 12:21 PM
    No, because 7.1 and all before it are an entirely different platform based on entirely different technology. That platform is nearly 14 years old and the reason RIM fell behind.
    The hazards of being a tech pioneer and having an entire infrastructure and services tied to your platform.
    So, BB 7 is every drop of goodness squeezed out of a platform that is 7 generations old and BB 10 can no more be loaded on it than iOS 6.
    Hope that helps...
    09-15-12 12:30 PM
    sorry didnt know it was discuss already, but thanks for the input
    09-15-12 12:39 PM
    No, because 7.1 and all before it are an entirely different platform based on entirely different technology. That platform is nearly 14 years old and the reason RIM fell behind.
    The hazards of being a tech pioneer and having an entire infrastructure and services tied to your platform.
    So, BB 7 is every drop of goodness squeezed out of a platform that is 7 generations old and BB 10 can no more be loaded on it than iOS 6.
    Hope that helps...
    i'm sure BB10 could be built to work with pre BB10 devices, it can just be designed around the hardware, but will RIM waste the time and money to do so? i doubt it as the hardware is past dated, the same way iOS updates are able to go on all past iPhones, will RIM waste the time and money developing on dated devices? probably not
    09-15-12 01:02 PM
    i'm sure BB10 could be built to work with pre BB10 devices, it can just be designed around the hardware, but will RIM waste the time and money to do so? i doubt it as the hardware is past dated, the same way iOS updates are able to go on all past iPhones, will RIM waste the time and money developing on dated devices? probably not
    No, because even the original iPhone which runs iOS can't be updated to iOS 6 because of hardware limitations and it is the SAME OS. BB10 is something from the ground up, wanting BB10 to be installed on current devices would be like installing Windows on the iPad. It just can't handle it.
    09-15-12 01:33 PM
    No, because even the original iPhone which runs iOS can't be updated to iOS 6 because of hardware limitations and it is the SAME OS. BB10 is something from the ground up, wanting BB10 to be installed on current devices would be like installing Windows on the iPad. It just can't handle it.
    thanks i was fully unaware of that i said that if RIM wanted they could design BB10 around the hardware iOS5 was that way iOS6 will be able to be updtated on 3GS and later devices. at this point now its just to get peopel to buy the latest and greatest device and not hold onto old dated hardware because it has the same features

like i said i'm sure OS7 devices could handle BB10 but its a waste to even try
    Last edited by GTiLeo; 09-15-12 at 03:44 PM.
    09-15-12 03:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD