Saw this article while browsing about cellphones used in TV. Very interesting. Pass this on!

Did Charlie Chaplin film a cell phone in 1928? | TechBlog | a Chron.com blog

The article is short and has a video. For those who don't like going to links, here's the break down from the article:

"Irish filmmaker George Clarke thinks he�s stumbled across something rather strange: A film clip from a 1928 Charlie Chaplin film that .
    The image comes from behind-the-scenes footage shot during the premiere of The Circus at Mann�s Chinese Theater in Hollywood. Clarke noticed that a woman � or what may be a man dressed as a woman � crosses the shot with her left hand held to the side of her head. As she turns toward the camera, there appears to be a small, square, thin, black object in her hand. She�s clearly talking."

The person in question shows up at 2:43 into the video, then it is replayed.
    Here is the video:
    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6a4T2tJaSU[/YT]
    All credit to Dwight Silverman, the author of TechBlog on The Houston Chronicle. TechBlog is the personal technology blog written by Dwight Silverman. He's the blog editor, social media evangelist at the Houston Chronicle chron.com. Co-host of Technology Bytes radio show, regular TWiT panelist. University instructor. Computer book author. Twitter junkie. Pizza lover.
    Last edited by Hamp; 09-15-12 at 09:11 AM.
    Clinto likes this.
    09-15-12 08:58 AM
    OMG, it's a time traveler.
    09-15-12 09:21 AM
    Dude! That is awesome!! This looks like a clip straight out of the series "Ancient Aliens" on the History Channel.

Is it possible that person is just a crazy person talking into a thin black piece of leather?? Sure that is within the realm of posibility.. But.. I think there is something else to it..

So Interesting!!!! Thanks For Sharing This Hamp!!
    09-15-12 09:29 AM
    Sorry to be a killjoy...but this was debunked a few years ago. She's using a hearing aid if memory serves.
    09-15-12 09:50 AM
    Sorry to be a killjoy...but this was debunked a few years ago. She's using a hearing aid if memory serves.
    No problem Pantlesspenguin.

Who do you think she is talking to? And what kind of hearing aid is the size of a cell phone? Her hand is clearly wrapped around a "device" the size of a Bold 9900.

Any thoughts??
    09-15-12 10:18 AM
    09-15-12 10:31 AM
    Clinto likes this.
    09-15-12 10:32 AM
    Wow! Who would have thought that there was a 9900 styled hearing aid out there in 1928??

That is awesome! Nice work Engire!!
    09-15-12 10:36 AM
    No problem Pantlesspenguin.

Who do you think she is talking to? And what kind of hearing aid is the size of a cell phone? Her hand is clearly wrapped around a "device" the size of a Bold 9900.

Any thoughts??
    I think it is one of those gold BB phones that just came out. Maybe she is a South African Olympian.
    09-15-12 11:02 AM
    She looks suspiciously like Mr. Spock in drag. A coincidence?
    Clinto likes this.
    09-15-12 11:03 AM
    one thing i'd say is where are the satellites or cell towers sending that signal to the "phone" in 1928. who would she be talking to.

my only explination would not be time traveller it would be filmed resently and dubbed to look old
    09-15-12 11:39 AM
    She looks suspiciously like Mr. Spock in drag. A coincidence?
    That darn Irish guy was so g.d. convincing... I gotta stop watching that darn Ancient Aliens show!

But yeah, I think only Spock would wear shoes that big. Did you see the shoes on that chick?!
    09-15-12 12:37 PM
    Looked much more like a guy in drag as Clarke says in the video. If that was a hearing aid,
    he sure must have been crazy talking to himself while walking.
    09-15-12 12:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD