So, I figured it might be a good idea. To start a new thread talking about the game itself, seen as the first thread is about 10 pages at the moment talking about when the game is coming, delays, installation progress, etc.

I'll kick it off with a first impression, based on getting to the end of the intro quest of the main game. It' got a nice menu. You start with character creation, or rather the attribution of stat points, and the choice of a particular combat skill. Character customization in these kinds of games is always appreciated, but when it's the first step before even dxperiencing the gameplay, you only have a vague idea of how important your choices might be, and if the playstyle that results will be what you were hoping for.

The game for the intro is a little dim, so you'll want to make sure you're playing in a darker environment. The graphics are good from a distance, but some may be disappointed with the cut scenes. Some of them look like they were pulled straight from a smartphone's tiny screen, and the others are zoomed in from the actual game graphics, resulting in HD low polygon counts (everything looks a little blocky, a la Pocket RPG).

The gameplay is a lot like Diablo, perspective included. I couldn't figure out a way to rotate the screen, and walls don't seem to go transparent when they block you from view. It's not a big problem, but there are things hidden out of view because of it. Ibdid notice that the game gives you different perspectives of the environment, so running in and out of places a few times may allow you to fully explore everything.

The last note at this point is the characteristic humour in the game, from the non-player characters, and the banter between the protagonist and narrator. It's a nice addition, and provides a nice amount of levity.

Overall, for fans of the genre, so far it's well worth the money.
    loreburne likes this.
    09-13-12 04:25 PM
    Thanks for starting this thread. I have never played this type of game before....but it seems really good once you get the hang of it. I noticed that to rotate the view you can spin arouns all directions by using two fingers on the screen , on static as the rotation point an the other to rotate the screen in any direction around this point. I wil be back to this thread a lot by the looks of things to pick up clues!
    09-13-12 09:07 PM
    Holy moly! That's a cool way to rotate! And you can zoom by pinching. Though in the cave I was in, zooming barely made a difference, like choosing to have the camera hover at 13 or 15 feet above the bard.
    09-13-12 10:31 PM
    First time I've ever played a game where you can nip out for a spot of cow-tipping. The attention to detail in interactions in this game is immense.
    09-13-12 10:35 PM
    ... Doesnt work...
    09-14-12 12:50 AM
    I just got toasted by the big rat and the buxom wench is sending me back down into the cellar with a large sword. Lol
    09-14-12 01:22 AM
    This game is awesome. I have been waiting for a game like this since I finished Eternal Legacy (in other words a very long time). It is very creative and hilarious. If I have one complaint it is that the graphics are not amazing, but the game is really fun, and the story has been engaging (about 4 hours in).
    09-14-12 01:29 AM
    This is awesome. It's a bit like the old school PC RPG. It will keep me happy for quite a while. Then I am still praying for Baldur's Gate.
    09-14-12 01:39 AM
    You lucky guys

I'm in pain to get this game working...

When i get home(i'm trying to do it at work) i'm off to my 9th attempt...

Sent from a old but beautiful BB 8520 or a new and shinny PB 2.0
    09-14-12 05:11 AM
    Commiserations Pedro, keep trying!
    09-14-12 05:35 AM
    Commiserations Pedro, keep trying!

Tks man

09-14-12 05:49 AM
    I punched a chicken. I really liked the dialogue with the barrel maker... "If I see a barrel, I will be compelled to destroy it." Meh, you had to be there. The dialogue in general is pretty top notch. I especially liked the blacksmith's descriptions of equipment. It all has a somewhat Guy Ritchie feel to it, especially from Lock, Stock and Snatch.

My current build has a focus on strength, vitality and the barding stat, along with two-weapon fighting. I can't afford a measly dagger yet, but I'm sure I'll be a human Ginsu once equipped.

So far, the game's done well not taking itself too seriously, poking fun at some RPG elements that we've gotten a little to used to, such as killing rats, breaking everything to find treasure, walking into everyone's houses and taking their belongings, bumping into everyone to talk to them.
    09-14-12 07:29 AM
    Sorry to keep intruding this specific thread, but did you guys do anything before installing the game?

I've been reading and some guy with same issue had to clear the cache or to erase and create a new wifi connection.

Again, whats your OS??

09-14-12 07:47 AM
    I've been hesitating to get it, because it requires SO much space on the PB. It takes up 3.5 GBs of space!
    09-14-12 07:54 AM
    Help me out here boys, I have a 16GB (I may buy a cheap 32GB soon and give the 16GB to my daughters). Will I have to delete GOF to have this game?
    09-14-12 08:16 AM
    I had to delete almost a full tv show to clear the space...

DonnyVantage likes this.
    09-14-12 08:20 AM
    Help me out here boys, I have a 16GB (I may buy a cheap 32GB soon and give the 16GB to my daughters). Will I have to delete GOF to have this game?
    GoF weights only 256 Mb, so you better delete some of Gameloft games, for example 9mm HD if you have one.
    DonnyVantage likes this.
    09-14-12 08:27 AM
    Sorry to keep intruding this specific thread, but did you guys do anything before installing the game?

I've been reading and some guy with same issue had to clear the cache or to erase and create a new wifi connection.

Again, whats your OS??
    I made sure I had 3.3 GB of free space before downloading. Once downloaded, I must have had about 1.8 GB free. Once installed, I was left with about 345 MB free. After resetting the PlayBook, I'm back up at 1.6 GB free. I'm OS .668. Besides an occasional freeze requiring me to reset the PlayBook, I haven't had any problems downloading, installing or playing.

I've been hesitating to get it, because it requires SO much space on the PB. It takes up 3.5 GBs of space!
    It requires 3.2 GB to install. But only takes up about 1.6 GB once everything's completed.

Just make sure you have about 3.2 GB free when downloading. After installation, it only takes up about 1.6 GB. If you need space, delete things that don't have save files. You can check in App World, My Word to see the size of your installed apps. Otherwise, save all your pictures, videos and music to another device, install, then hopefully you'll have enough space to copy it all back.
    09-14-12 08:39 AM
    After erasing the tv show i have 5.4 gigs available, so space isnt the problem.

Its that damned error 007!

So you're on .668? That's all i wanted to ear

09-14-12 08:50 AM
    Bugbear Cairn: Strategy (for those who found this as frustrating as me)

Okay, so I'm finding the controls leave a little to be desired. They don't seem precise enough for how small the graphics are from the POV. A little practice though, and it's not so bad.

Beating the bugbear is a little tricky. Here's how I did it. Map orientation: North is up. Weapon: One handed sword. You'll find a save spot upon entering the first large chamber. The dungeon is a basic square shape layout. Head right (East), watching for spike traps, arrow traps, and the bugbear popping out of wall holes (I don't think you can hurt him yet, so avoid him). Try to stay at a walk speed. In the bottom right corner of the map (South-east) is another chamber with a chest that gave me a sword.

Continue up (North) as far as you can go, then left (West), into a large chamber full of deactivated traps. Summon your thunder spider and walk to the center of the room where you'll find a chest. This will begin the bugbear fight. As soon as he appears, run left (West) without exiting the chamber, near to the door that leads out. You'll be safe from the traps here, and your thunder spider will cover you while you get there. The bugbear will make short work of your spider, then come for you.

Wait for the bugbear to rear his arm to strike, and press the block button, followed by the strike button. The bugbear can block too, so just keep repeating this process, until you've damaged him enough that he dazes you. He'll scamper off and pull a lever, activating his traps, then come back for you. Stay in that safe nook, and wait for him, then repeat the block/strike routine. Don't bother summoning anything else. Repeat the routine four or five times, and you've bested him! Good luck!
    09-14-12 08:53 AM
    I'm looking forward to this game, I'm going to download it this evening. I love GOF but I'm done on extreme now too so until the add-on comes out I can play Bard's Tale!!!!
    09-14-12 08:58 AM
    *whistles* Okay, once you get to the outdoors, the game starts feeling better. You have space to move, and the opportunity to really start testing out and practicing the controls. I had a run about Houton Forest, practicing blocking and striking. I bought that dirk for two-weapon fighting, and I'm a whirling dervish of death and dismemberment. The woods have Trow in them, so you get a better example of regular enemy combat. You can accumulate some experience and money, and maybe find some equipment.

I say maybe because the game seems to have an auto-sell "feature". I found a bow and arrows, and some small swords, which were automatically sold. I'm not sure if they were just unusable and classified as loot, or if they were simply inferior to what I was using, so it scrapped them. Having chosen two-weapon fighting, I'm not sure if I can use a bow, shield or two-handed weapon yet. I'd assumed I could, as the blacksmith seems willing to sell them to me.

Edit: Oh, I also found a dog by a well in Houton. He follows you around chasing birds, and occasionally digs up minor loot.
    Last edited by KidCaboose; 09-14-12 at 09:52 AM.
    Akuji_ism likes this.
    09-14-12 09:47 AM
    I deleted several games and a few albums prior to downloading/installing and it worked FIRST ATTEMPT.

What you should do is just keep deleting s**t until you goto Options -> About -> Hardware, and see like 4.2-4.8ish free (that's how much I had free). Then do a reboot of the playbook, check the memory (there will likely be more than before the reboot) and it should work fine.

It's stupid that the game will download, then it breaks during install, you just have to make sure you have enough free space before starting it! Good luck

EDIT: I should check out PAGE 2 before posting next time - sorry to be "the broken record" guy.
    09-14-12 09:50 AM
    No problem!

I really can't wait to get home lol

4h30 to go...

09-14-12 09:55 AM
    *whistles* Okay, once you get to the outdoors, the game starts feeling better. You have space to move, and the opportunity to really start testing out and practicing the controls. I had a run about Houton Forest, practicing blocking and striking. I bought that dirk for two-weapon fighting, and I'm a whirling dervish of death and dismemberment. The woods have Trow in them, so you get a better example of regular enemy combat. You can accumulate some experience and money, and maybe find some equipment.

I say maybe because the game seems to have an auto-sell "feature". I found a bow and arrows, and some small swords, which were automatically sold. I'm not sure if they were just unusable and classified as loot, or if they were simply inferior to what I was using, so it scrapped them. Having chosen two-weapon fighting, I'm not sure if I can use a bow, shield or two-handed weapon yet. I'd assumed I could, as the blacksmith seems willing to sell them to me.

Edit: Oh, I also found a dog by a well in Houton. He follows you around chasing birds, and occasionally digs up minor loot.
    That's like Fable-awesome right there!! I can't wait to play this a bit more over the weekend!
    Sith_Apprentice likes this.
    09-14-12 10:01 AM
223 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD