PB 32GB - 118$

Walmart.ca - sold out
    Thesource.ca - Sold out
    Visions.ca - Sold out

Any other places these are on sale and instock?
    09-13-12 10:36 AM
    Isn't it illegal for stores to advertise sales for products which they do not have in stock, especially since in this case you usually receive a strong sales pitch for a more expensive product when you get there.
    calles and bjacob like this.
    09-13-12 11:15 AM
    No sure.. They were in stock initially.

Walmarts doesn't start until tomorrow so they may be holding stock for it
    09-13-12 11:21 AM
    they are holding stock. i also suspect best buy sunridge calgary ab is holding stock out so they dont have to price match. i was in tuesday, they had decent stock. my friend went in wednesday and they are magically sold out of the 16, 32 but have only the 64 left. surprisingly they are out of the stock they would have to price match

highly suspect
    09-13-12 11:28 AM
    This is what p*sses me off to no ends! These stores blatantly practice shady stuff like this and then they expect US to be honest or put up with this crap! Stooples being one of the most/worst offenders!! Bestbuy is a close second!
    09-13-12 12:17 PM
    The 32 gb are available at The Source online. If you order over the telephone, they will price match for $118.00. I just got one
    deswayze likes this.
    09-13-12 12:21 PM
    they are holding stock. i also suspect best buy sunridge calgary ab is holding stock out so they dont have to price match.
    Perfectly legal action by the retailer to ensure sufficient supply for the first day of the sale. A bonus for the retailer is work reduction for their staff handling "price match" demands from people who bought the product prior to the sale but after the sale had been publicly announced through advertising.
    09-13-12 12:23 PM
    Legal...maybe, but morally? Not likely, and going on the presumption that they are holding back to control sufficient supplies for the sale is one thing, but holding it back so they don't have to price match is shady PERIOD! Also it sounds like you support this type of shady actions from the retailers, which I have to ask "are you few cards short of a deck?"
    Last edited by beman39; 09-13-12 at 12:37 PM.
    09-13-12 12:35 PM
    Not to mention all the bozos who claim to be dissatisfied with the PB and return a crappy open box, just to buy a new one somewhere else at a lower price. And if you're too stupid to figure out how to register and use a PB, you should be forced to keep it. No returns for *******.

I feel for the retailers who have to put up with returns and price matching on a device that is already marked down over 75%. The thing is already hard enough to sell unopened.
    Last edited by dugggggg; 09-13-12 at 12:54 PM.
    JRAtk027 likes this.
    09-13-12 12:39 PM
    Staples in Vic BC had them as of 2 days ago.
    09-13-12 02:14 PM
    Call local Staples, I found a store with a number of new 32's and 16's yesterday.

Also the Futureshop near by had maybe 15 open box 32's, many looked as new
    could probably strike deal based on new prices.

Bestbuy was giving away free Journal Cases with any open box purchase too.

I think looking locally is better than online right now.

Discounted 64's should be next, $149 ?
    09-13-12 03:04 PM
    All my local stores I went to were sold out as of yesterday.

Walmart was getting the Xbox and laptop setup in display cases for the sale, but had zero PlayBook's and no idea when / if they would have more. Staples apparently had three 16GB in stock yesterday morning, but they were sent back to RIM.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-13-12 04:33 PM
    If Someone sees a 64g. PlayBook for $149 and doesn't buy it they should be banned from CrackBerry.
    kccman, bitek and BlackStormRising like this.
    09-13-12 06:37 PM
    When has the 64gb ever been @ $149?!! I would buy it in a heartbeat!
    09-13-12 08:55 PM
    Isn't it illegal for stores to advertise sales for products which they do not have in stock, especially since in this case you usually receive a strong sales pitch for a more expensive product when you get there.
    Just because one person in one region says they're out of stock does not make it true for the rest of the areas and therefore, they can still continue to advertise. But you know, most people don't think outside of their general area so it must mean EVERYWHERE is the same, lol.
    lynxs_claw likes this.
    09-13-12 10:03 PM
    In the post you are responding to it is not a matter of the item not being in stock. It is simply sold out. People came, they saw and they bought.

Most stores can get past the "sold out" issue by either offering the customer a raincheck honoring the sale price or printing on their advertisement "While supplies last"
    09-13-12 10:20 PM
    You guys are way off topic.

i wanted a thread with updated pricing (118$) and other vendors.

I listed the sold out stores and was hoping for more online vendors.

I need three or more for work to bring us up to 15.

Does the pricing mean EOL??? or A new version coming soon?

Seems like a concerted effort to clear the stock since its more then one vendor.
    09-13-12 10:20 PM
    Just because one person in one region says they're out of stock does not make it true for the rest of the areas and therefore, they can still continue to advertise. But you know, most people don't think outside of their general area so it must mean EVERYWHERE is the same, lol.
    Anyone who wanted one still can get all 3 sizes online at The Source.
    09-13-12 10:50 PM
    Anyone who wanted one still can get all 3 sizes online at The Source.
    Not for $118
    09-13-12 11:42 PM
    Call local Staples, I found a store with a number of new 32's and 16's yesterday.

Also the Futureshop near by had maybe 15 open box 32's, many looked as new
    could probably strike deal based on new prices.

Bestbuy was giving away free Journal Cases with any open box purchase too.

I think looking locally is better than online right now.

Discounted 64's should be next, $149 ?
    Wal-mart website doesn't show 32GB at all but 64GB for $218.00 and showing in stock in stores (every one in my area at least) out of stock online. 32gig would suffice for me but if I can only get a 64...darn
    09-14-12 12:41 AM
    I just pre-ordered at a Visions store in Winnipeg and also another one at Staples (they have 20 coming in September 25) (hope to get at least one), they have 60 (Visions) on order and should be in a the next few days.

I think the best bet to get one at this price is get one on a pre-order from a store:.....then the fun begins, but at $118.00 a decent video playback screen only...so I will most likely keep it.
    09-14-12 12:44 AM
    List the 16GB for $99. Out of stock on the 16GB and 32GB at the moment.
    09-14-12 01:30 AM
    As predicted, walmart.ca again shows the 32GB PB "as advertised" for $118. Not too surprisingly, it is also indicated as "sold out".

However, various Vancouver Island Walmarts, which earlier this week showed "Not likely in stock" now show as "in stock".
    09-14-12 05:47 AM
    My local Walmart says in stock on the website, but I went in at 7:30 this morning and they were sold out. My friend's wife went to another store at 7am. There were three guys in front of her and they bought out the 7 units the store had.

I'm wondering if staff at my store is holding some to buy themselves since the website thinks that store has some, where as other stores indicate either "most likely in stock, not likely in stock, or out of stock".
    09-14-12 07:33 AM
    Not for $118
    It's not even a loss lead. Companies do it all the time. Just look at the boxing day sales or Black Friday sales. They pick a few items to generate buzz to get people to buy something else instead. For those who really wanted a PlayBook the price is still amazing at The Source online. More important, they do have the stock. Seriously, you expect to lineup at Honest Ed getting a free PlayBook for Thanks Giving?
    09-14-12 09:10 AM
93 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD