I recently switched carrier services from AT&T to T-Mobile. I had my phone unlocked but I don't have my Faves on my home screen etc... I have updated the OS, but can I I change like the carrier logos on the phone etc.... Is that even possible, like if I were to download from T-mobile can I install the software or will the royally f the phone up! Thanks for all the help!
    09-21-08 11:37 AM
    You can freely update the OS on your phone, but you cannot change the logo on the start screen, I think it's embedded in the phone's EPROM.
    Check out your device type's forum for the latest OS, it's carrier independent, for example, I'm running 4.5.0.69 from Orange France on my T-Mobile 8800, but the device is originally from Vodafone.
    09-22-08 02:57 AM
    From what I know, the only you will be able to get the Faves to display and show on your phone like an T-Mobile device. You will have to find a 3rd party dealer who specialize in installing that carriers firmware specs and contents and that is not cheap either. IMHO you will be better off keeping things the way they are.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-08 09:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD