I'm running Win7 on my PC, the 668 update on my PB (one that got pulled after a few days by RIM), and the most recent version of BB desktop software. My PC recognizes my PB over USB, it maps the Z drive. The problem is every time I try to copy a file from PC to PB, the file copy Window that pops up when you normally do this just freezes at "discovering ".
    This has never happened before. I tried restarting both PC and PB, it's still a problem. I'm out of ideas
    09-09-12 03:41 PM
    i seem to have recently experience a similar issue ....my PB is recognized via the usb wire ...but seems to fail to appear as an external drive. Just go in the search feature and type map drive for wifi .....solution should appear ...instead of using the ip address for wifi, use ip adress for usb on PB .....voila, should work !!
    09-09-12 09:00 PM
    I experienced similar issues once and from then on I copy and paste all files within DM to my PB without any issues.
    09-09-12 10:15 PM
    Try another USB cable. They are known to go faulty.
    09-09-12 10:27 PM
    Having had a similar problem, you could try going into storage and sharing, and manually set the usb connection. If it is on auto change it to windows for some reason I find that every so often I have to change this setting to allow file sharing
    09-10-12 08:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD