The iPhone 5 is being announced on the 12th of September as most of us already know. Do you think it is crucial for rim to leak both the Nevada and London now so people have an idea of what they are waiting for instead of just jumping ship to iPhone? Personally if there is not a Nevada /physical keyboard bb10 leak in the next 1-2 months I may jump to iPhone. First in first serve I always say...
    09-08-12 11:49 PM
    Maybe for you, but not me. Even if I break or lose my phone next Wednesday, I have 2 perfectly good BlackBerrys fully charged and ready to be brought back to use, so I am comfortable that I will stay BlackBerry for the foreseeable future.
    09-08-12 11:56 PM
    I think for the most part it won't make too much a difference at this point. The iphone release is so close that most people who are going to get it are going to get it. There will be some on the fence like yourself and ideally it would have been great if the release was sooner or before the iphone but there's not much anyone can do about it now.
    Leaks of the touch screen are out there. I think most on the fence between the phone and a bb would be making a decision on that not so much the keyboard bb. Always exceptions though but I don't think leaks will make much of a difference now.
    09-08-12 11:56 PM
    Do you think it is crucial for rim to leak both the Nevada and London now so people have an idea of what they are waiting for instead of just jumping ship to iPhone?
    It wouldn't be called a "leak" then, would it? Even if some information would be "leaked", it would probably not be enough to stop those that want an iPhone 5 from switching. Those who are willing to wait will wait, and those who aren't won't.
    Marbeef, bungaboy and Ben1232 like this.
    09-09-12 12:01 AM
    It wouldn't be called a "leak" then, would it? Even if some information would be "leaked", it would probably not be enough to stop those that want an iPhone 5 from switching. Those who are willing to wait will wait, and those who aren't won't.
    I understand what you are saying but there is a difference between credible leaks and dodgy leaks per say. I personally think the latest London leak is in the middle of credible and dodgy but aside from that, many people aren't happy with the this leaked design. I was shocked that the iPhone 5 leaks have pretty much the same form factor as the 4/4s but nonetheless if it offers more than just a toy this time around I.e. it actually gets things done like blackberries do then rim could be in a little trouble because IMHO that is still blackberries big advantage to date
    09-09-12 12:10 AM
    I understand what you are saying but there is a difference between credible leaks and dodgy leaks per say. I personally think the latest London leak is in the middle of credible and dodgy but aside from that, many people aren't happy with the this leaked design. I was shocked that the iPhone 5 leaks have pretty much the same form factor as the 4/4s but nonetheless if it offers more than just a toy this time around I.e. it actually gets things done like blackberries do then rim could be in a little trouble because IMHO that is still blackberries big advantage to date
    I am fascinated when people make these sorts of statements. What, exactly, can you do on a Blackberry " to get things done" that you can't do on an iPhone?
    09-09-12 12:14 AM
    The iPhone 5 is being announced on the 12th of September as most of us already know. Do you think it is crucial for rim to leak both the Nevada and London now so people have an idea of what they are waiting for instead of just jumping ship to iPhone? Personally if there is not a Nevada /physical keyboard bb10 leak in the next 1-2 months I may jump to iPhone. First in first serve I always say...
    I disagree. IMO, leaking the devices as opposed to having a well-planned, enthusiastic, all-or-nothing launch is the best step in the right direction for RIM. RIM has been playing it cool inspite of the odds, bad press, lack of new devices, bad business decisions, and "tanked" stocks. So, after all this time, an ill-advised release would not cause a ripple with what is going to happen with the iPhone 5 launch and would really look desperate and a sign of weakness. Ride it out and make d*mn sure that the BB10s that are finally launched are as perfected as can be with minimal hiccups. Then at the same time, try to get as many of the 78 million(brand loyal) owners to believe that they(RIM) finally get it, changed, and truly understand what it means to be "customer loyal" to keep the consumer base growing.
    Thunderbuck, bungaboy and kozmo68 like this.
    09-09-12 12:32 AM
    I am fascinated when people make these sorts of statements. What, exactly, can you do on a Blackberry " to get things done" that you can't do on an iPhone?
    Your absolutely correct, I don't understand it either, I just put it in my post to make a point. I've used an iphone and a 9900 both for long periods of time and without a doubt the iphone gets more things done, its not an opinion on whether it does or doesn't, it is fact than iphones and androids can DO more than the current blackberries.

Edit: I think that the stereotype RIM line of "it get things done" originated from blackberry users who seem to think that "doing" things on a blackberry is more reliable than doing things on the opoosing devices, not exactly faster at getting things done. I disagree on this completely as I stated above because I guarantee I could call/email/text someone with just as much reliability and speed on an iphone (if not more) than someone on a blackberry. And the browser speed/reliability is a no brainer, safari on iphone wins. (Not bashing rim, stating opinions)
    Last edited by nickthebold; 09-09-12 at 12:48 AM.
    Syrous44, anon(73368) and ipos like this.
    09-09-12 12:42 AM
    Your absolutely correct, I don't understand it either, I just put it in my post to make a point. I've used an iphone and a 9900 both for long periods of time and without a doubt the iphone gets more things done, its not an opinion on whether it does or doesn't, it is fact than iphones and androids can DO more than the current blackberries.

I guess if you define it by apps. If you define it other ways then blackberrys can be more productive for some people.

To answer the original question. Leaking won't matter to most consumers that want iphones. What matters for now is that RIM stalls their large corporate and government accounts from bailing. You can bet the decision makers in these settings are being shown some things in advance.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    09-09-12 12:49 AM
    I'm not. It's commonplace around here to attempt to diss Android or iPhones as "their way" in an attempt to show support for RIM. Just buy an extra BlackBerry-whether you need one or not if you really want to "walk-the-talk" and show real support. I've noticed a few that I had respect for their candor when related to BlackBerry technology actually lower themselves to posting the same school-yard type BS. The sad part is..."everyone" (the other smartphone manufacturers) have been paying attention and learned from RIMs mistakes and miscalculations.

Also, only the foolish and naive would assume that the others are waiting in line to follow RIMs example....and continue to take the smartphone market for granted as RIM did a few years ago.
    09-09-12 12:56 AM
    For people that want iphones yes I agree. I should have added in the original post that this mostly applys to people on the fence such as myself who need an incentive from both apple and rim to make a choice, and apples incentive is going to reveal in 3 days compared to RIMs next year release. Just sayin ahaha
    kevinnugent likes this.
    09-09-12 12:56 AM
    Iphone 5 is just a taller thinner iphone 4s with os 6.0 barely changed anything. It will cost 699 and come with a shiny box.

Congrats on buying things you don't need.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    bungaboy, bb624 and kozmo68 like this.
    09-09-12 01:47 AM
    Let the perfect storm comes
    09-09-12 01:50 AM
    Iphone 5 is just a taller thinner iphone 4s with os 6.0 barely changed anything. It will cost 699 and come with a shiny box.

Congrats on buying things you don't need.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Blackberry 10 will just be new devices with a revised OS in a shiny box... Do you see how anyone can make buyist statements like yours..they don't serve any purpose
    09-09-12 02:26 AM
    Blackberry 10 will just be new devices with a revised OS in a shiny box... Do you see how anyone can make buyist statements like yours..they don't serve any purpose
    hardly a revised OS lmao its a totally different OS then what is currently being used, it doesn't just look different its coded different its structured different, it preforms. its nothing liek iOS which is just a revision on and already existing OS. you need to get your facts right and pull your head out of your .

as for a bias statement the fact that you secretly want an iPhone5 and coem hear with an excuse liek if RIM doesn't leak a picture of the QWERTY youre goign to get an iPhone5. just leave we don't really care.

goodbye enjoy your iPhone
    bungaboy, Cesare21, bb624 and 3 others like this.
    09-09-12 02:52 AM
    I have a very hard time believing that RIM could release anything short of a working, available phone that would interfere with anyone's decision to buy a new iPhone.

In fact, Microsoft and Nokia have come off looking rushed and desperate by previewing WP8 models with no pricing or release date and few specs. Especially when "sample" video and photos turned out to be, um, shot by other devices.

I don't know that the new iPhone is going to represent any massive leap anyway. We've already seen iOS6, and yes, it has some appealing features, but it's an incremental upgrade for the most part. And some customers might not like the changed connector (stranger things have happened).

Let RIM stay in control of their own conversation.
    bungaboy, robkd and kozmo68 like this.
    Let the perfect storm comes

I'll be in my basement.
    hardly a revised OS lmao its a totally different OS then what is currently being used, it doesn't just look different its coded different its structured different, it preforms. its nothing liek iOS which is just a revision on and already existing OS. you need to get your facts right and pull your head out of your .

as for a bias statement the fact that you secretly want an iPhone5 and coem hear with an excuse liek if RIM doesn't leak a picture of the QWERTY youre goign to get an iPhone5. just leave we don't really care.

goodbye enjoy your iPhone
    1. iOS doesn't need a totally different revision as its proven and is the one of the most highly regarded os's in the world.
    2. My head is not in my "(insert immature troll term here)" thank you very much.
    3. I never said I was going to get an iPhone 5 if there was a lack of nevada leaks , I said I "MAY" jump ship depending on what apples reveals next week.
    4. Secretly want an iPhone 5? If you could provide evidence that you have somehow magically pulled out of my own brain I would be thrilled to look at it as would most other people.
    5. People like you turn these threads into arguments with trolling comments like your Own. All the thread asked was for the people on the fence such as myself , would more bb10 device leaks give you more of an incentive to wait for bb10 and not to rush to jump ship.

Thank you my kind sir
    Syrous44 and ipos like this.
    09-09-12 03:11 AM
    For people that want iphones yes I agree. I should have added in the original post that this mostly applys to people on the fence such as myself who need an incentive from both apple and rim to make a choice, and apples incentive is going to reveal in 3 days compared to RIMs next year release. Just sayin ahaha

If you are on the fence I doubt rim has much chance of getting you to stall for what ... 4-7 months. ?? But when BB10 hits it will be a very big deal. People will take a look and there will still be a growing market of smartphone buyers.

TheScionicMan and bungaboy like this.
    09-09-12 03:49 AM
    If you are on the fence I doubt rim has much chance of getting you to stall for what ... 4-7 months. ?? But when BB10 hits it will be a very big deal. People will take a look and there will still be a growing market of smartphone buyers.

Doubt all you like but there are patient people in this world you know... I'm just angry because as soon as someone mentions the iPhone or galaxy on crack berry they automatically get labelled as a traitor/troll and get harassed for even considering jumping ship. Like c'mon, they are just material objects, I'm sure we can all discuss topics like this in a mature manner instead flaming and voicing rude opinions
    kozmo68, Syrous44 and ipos like this.
    09-09-12 04:17 AM
    Doubt all you like but there are patient people in this world you know... I'm just angry because as soon as someone mentions the iPhone or galaxy on crack berry they automatically get labelled as a traitor/troll and get harassed for even considering jumping ship. Like c'mon, they are just material objects, I'm sure we can all discuss topics like this in a mature manner instead flaming and voicing rude opinions
    Yea. still don't get it. I have a Lumia 800 and it's a good device. I never argue about it at all. Also Think the 920 is a great device for me I love those pictures, wireless charging, colours and display and the wp8 software integration. I guess it's the crackberry user nature. I also have a bold 9900 as a back up phone
    Last edited by 12Dandaman; 09-09-12 at 04:41 AM.
    09-09-12 04:39 AM
    I won't be buying an iPhone 5 right away for a couple of reasons....first, I'm getting ready to have *that special someone* come over from the UK to spend Thanksgiving with me so any money spent will go to that.....second, I'm going to wait until they've got any kinks worked out and a true representation of battery life is out there.
    Buying an iPhone 5 also means buying new docks, new alarm clocks, new car chargers and/or buying several adapters. For me, a bit of a nuisance.
    I will, however, pick up another white 32G 4S from a friend who is getting an iPhone 5. I sent my first 4S to a family member who needed a phone.
    I will be getting a BB10 when the keyboard model releases.
    And finally I do feel that we need leaks on the keyboard BB10 phone. AND THEY HAD BETTER RELEASE A WHITE ONE FOR AT&T!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Qbnkelt; 09-09-12 at 06:07 AM.
    nickthebold and ipos like this.
    09-09-12 06:03 AM
    Just ignore it. Like I told one angry Android user on Engadget, it's usually folks that have misgivings about their device that get insulting and confrontational...they HAVE to run down other platforms just to feel better about their choice of device.

like you say, at the end of the day, these are just devices that should be slaves to us, not stuff we should be battling over.
    09-09-12 07:08 AM
    Haven't really read through the comments but iPhone people are gong to be the ones buying up the device on and off contract. People still in contracts will wait until their contract is up and choose then.

There's going to be a lot of ohhs and ahhs but by the time people are actually due for an upgrade I hope rim has all the needed apps to compete with the iPhone and people will see the age old iOS and the new bb10 and be Courious to try something new and groundbreaking (hopefully)

Sent using Tapatalk
    nickthebold likes this.
    09-09-12 07:42 AM
    Wouldn't it also depend on whether a purchase right now is discretionary? If someone's contract is up wouldn't they be more likely to pick from what is currently available than wait until next year, irrespective of whether there is some leaked information about a phone that will be available then? Similarly, if someone is committed to BB10 on the basis of what is already known, is it likely that a bit more information will change that commitment? These are not meant as absolute statements, just probabilities.
    09-09-12 07:48 AM
102 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD