Hi Folks

I have had my 9790 for around 5 months. Currently running 7.1 software. Until recently, whenever I was in a call and put the phone up to my ear, the screen would switch off. As soon as I moved the phone away from my ear the screen would power up again. I assumed this is some sort of power saving feature?

Well, in the last week or so, it has stopped doing this. Screen just stays on during the call, until it times out normally, then stays off unless I press a button?

Is this something I might have disabled accidentally in the settings or could it be a faulty sensor or something?

Any help would be appreciated.

Andy
    09-07-12 01:01 PM
    Thats the proximity sensor, it works when you are in a call so you dont accidentaly press any buttons on the screen...

As for the not working part you maybe having a hardware problem, but it`s always a good idea to reload the software...
    CaliSpecial likes this.
    09-07-12 02:50 PM
    Tried re-loading the software, no difference.

Is it something that can be turned on & off in the settings?
    09-10-12 12:51 AM
    Tried re-loading the software, no difference.

Is it something that can be turned on & off in the settings?
    No, you can't turn it off...

Looks like you got a faulty one...
    CaliSpecial likes this.
    09-10-12 11:40 AM
    Ok, thanks for your help.
    09-12-12 02:24 AM
    another way to test it is making a call and putting your finger over to the left of the the notification led, if you see it very well you can see the proximity sensor ...
    09-12-12 09:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD