Hey guys, just recently my Bold 9930 has had the habit of rebooting whenever I plug it into either my car outlet, or the charger that came with the phone. It doesn't happen all the time, but I'd say it happens about 25% of the time I go to plug the phone in.

I'm running the highest official OS (7.1.0.580) on Verizon, and did not experience this issue with the previous OS. I didn't experience this issue right after I upgraded, it was about 3 weeks after that update came out, and nothing happened to the phone since then (water damage, dropping the phone, etc). Any help? Thanks!
    09-06-12 11:44 AM
    Have you installed any new apps around the time this started? Things like that are usually app related. I'm also on 580 and this has not happened to me once.
    09-06-12 12:15 PM
    I have. Group me and the application resource monitor app.
    09-06-12 12:22 PM
    09-06-12 12:23 PM
    It can also be a short developing in the charging connector on the phone. This can be a real problem as if this connector fails you can no longer charge OR sync via USB.

Try unplugging the charger from the wall or power source and inserting the charger into the charging connector, unpowered. If it does the same thing you got a hardware problem.
    09-06-12 12:32 PM
    I have. Group me and the application resource monitor app.
    Application Resource Monitor should have been installed when you loaded .580. It could be group me.
    09-06-12 12:33 PM
    It can also be a short developing in the charging connector on the phone. This can be a real problem as if this connector fails you can no longer charge OR sync via USB.

Try unplugging the charger from the wall or power source and inserting the charger into the charging connector, unpowered. If it does the same thing you got a hardware problem.
    I did this just now, connected and disconnected multiple times and thank god it didn't reboot so I don't think this is the case. Thanks for the help though!

And yes dustanh now that I am thinking of it, I got the ARM when Crackberry first posted it was available for download. Searched the phone prior to downloading and it wasn't there, but didn't experience this issue I am having until around the time I got group me. I'll delete that and see what happens.
    wolfee48 likes this.
    09-06-12 12:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD