anyone know of a good free ebook reader for 9320?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapatalk
    09-03-12 09:54 PM
    I wish I did. I am finding it very frustrating.

Who would have thought that such an apparently simple thing could be so difficult to do.
    Have you noticed that at blackberry appworld the reviews for say freebooks are full of comments like 'doesn't work' , 'How do you use this?' and rating the app as 4/5 stars lol. Says the whole thing is snafu. Typical of this world of lies.
    11-04-12 08:26 AM
    I am trying my third app in three weeks now, not counting an abortive attempt to download Kindle for Blackberry. I am yet to even see a single piece of ebook text. I have wasted plenty of time, been redirected to places like 24hourroulette.com , sheesh.
    11-04-12 08:41 AM
    Here are my reviews of ebook readers:

1 Kindle - only available in the US. What use is that?

2 Wattpad - top of the list a on appworld, 100,000 free books. Downloaded it and I am not sure it is an ebook reader at all. Stuff about sharing your stories with others. Fiddled with it and it seemed to be able to read books online. How is that an ereader? More like a not very good web browser.

3 FreeBooks - 'Unlimited free books for your blackberry'. You need to press search to browse and browse to search. You can find the books, some of them are marked as having been downloaded many times but the download button is nowhere to be seen. There is no explanation given. Tried to look at the site on the pc and entered a world of pop-up invitations to gamble online. Felt like I had been led down a dark alley so backed out.

4 Epub reader - Downloaded, started it up. Avoided invitation to upgrade. Get "Select .epub file path store/ SDCard/ I have been using computers for 20 years and I am unable to give an answer to this so I press return a few times, find what appears to be a folder called Documents, think that will do, choose it and the device tells me it is empty. Yeah? Sherlock? of course it is. Unable to progress this one.
    11-04-12 09:05 AM
    Next up is Kobo -"Readingcouldn'tbe easier" It only has 2/5 stars rating and 1500 reviews. A quick look at them:
    • Rubbish. Useless
    • Doesn't Work
    • Terrible
    • Missing First chapter
    • Don't waste your time

In fact I can't find a review which even says it works. This app is rated No.2 by appworld. Have I fallen down a rabbit hole?
    I didn't bother downloading it.

And that wraps it up folks. That is the last app on the site which claims to enable book reading on your blackberry.
    I leave you probably as totally disappointed as I am by the crap I have been peddled.
    T
    11-04-12 03:02 PM
    Hello! Cooo-eee!
    Does anyone have an ebook reader that works????
    11-06-12 09:04 AM
    I use the Amazon Kindle app with my Blackberry Curve 9320 and the latest OS 7.1.0.746
    It's a really good and easy to use reader and i especially love the synchronisation with my kindle.

To install it, also from outside the USA (i'm living in Europe), follow the steps of this link:
    How to Get Amazon Kindle Working on BlackBerry OS 7 & 7.1 Devices - BerryReview

Greetings
    Timbow likes this.
    11-14-12 02:14 PM
    UK User here that uses the Kindle.

All you need is BBSAK and this COD - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/37350157/CODS/kindle.cod (it's in my dropbox).
    Timbow likes this.
    11-14-12 02:19 PM
    Thanks guys. Kindle up and running now. You wouldn't want to read too much on it, but great for when you have to wait around for ten minutes (which in my case is often). All that free gen - fantastic!

That's at least three of us in the world . Makes you feel sort of special
    11-19-12 04:17 PM
    This is good. There is no toilet in the world now where I cannot enjoy the poems of Edward Thomas and dream of the fields and hills of England. I could get to to like this Blackberry after all.
    11-22-12 09:40 AM
    Here are my reviews of ebook readers:

4 Epub reader - Downloaded, started it up. Avoided invitation to upgrade. Get "Select .epub file path store/ SDCard/ I have been using computers for 20 years and I am unable to give an answer to this so I press return a few times, find what appears to be a folder called Documents, think that will do, choose it and the device tells me it is empty. Yeah? Sherlock? of course it is. Unable to progress this one.
    The first prompt this app is giving you simply wanted you to select where you stored epub files. This app isn't a content store its purpose is simply to open .epub files that you have already downloaded from other sources around the net. It really isn't that complicated.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9330 using Tapatalk
    Timbow likes this.
    11-22-12 10:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD