Sometimes my emails take over an hour to come through on my BlackBerry. There was a time when they arrived on my BlackBerry before even showing up in my inbox online! Further, it seems they are coming through immediately on my iPad (as quick as they were on my BlackBerry) but still take between 30-60 minutes to show up on my BlackBerry. This is a little annoying, and I would far prefer the emails to come through to my BB immediately rather than my iPad.

I have already re-registered with the network AND resent my service books numerous times.

Is there anything else I can do?

Thanks!
    09-03-12 04:58 AM
    Are you using your blackberry with a webmail account such as Google or with your corporate email via a BES server?
    09-03-12 06:01 AM
    You've already done what I would suggest. Are you using BIS or BES?
    09-03-12 04:12 PM
    I'm using it with Hotmail. I have never had a problem with slow emails during my five years with BlackBerry... I'm using BIS.
    09-03-12 04:12 PM
    Did this problem just start and have you changed the os lately?
    09-03-12 04:15 PM
    It started a couple of weeks ago when I landed back in the UK after being a couple of weeks abroad. I only ever install official OS on my device and there hasn't been an update for months.
    09-03-12 06:34 PM
    Did you try deleting the email address and adding it again? Sometimes I can't rid off of some sent emails on my bb even after delteting them from my email. The only way I'm able to fix the issue is by deleting the email address and adding it again.
    09-03-12 09:55 PM
    @edu3110 I was about to mention the same thing. I had a similar issue with my email account after loading a new OS which seemed like every other week. All I did was delete that email account, then added it back and I was good to go. If that doesn't work I'm afraid I don't know what the issue might be, sorry.
    09-03-12 09:58 PM
    Sometimes my emails take over an hour to come through on my BlackBerry. There was a time when they arrived on my BlackBerry before even showing up in my inbox online! Further, it seems they are coming through immediately on my iPad (as quick as they were on my BlackBerry) but still take between 30-60 minutes to show up on my BlackBerry. This is a little annoying, and I would far prefer the emails to come through to my BB immediately rather than my iPad.

I have already re-registered with the network AND resent my service books numerous times.

Is there anything else I can do?

Thanks!
    I have experienced this on my 9780 & the following seems to help my situaton. Go to setvice books and on 9780 there is two listings for Blackberry Internet Service. 1 and 2...delete the one marked 2 and my. 9780 performs better.
    09-03-12 11:50 PM
    I am having the same problem but only with my work email (godaddy) but only on my Verizon 9930 my emails take 10 to 15 minutes to come thru to my phone. However I have a T-Mobile 9700 and the emails from the same account are almost instant on it and they are both running bis. Maybe its a GSM thing cause I had a 9800 with at&t and had the same instant emails on it.
    09-04-12 11:22 AM
    Yes, deleting and re-adding the email accounts seem to have solved the problem.

Thanks for the help!
    09-14-12 08:48 AM
    If you are on a BIS account the emails can take up to twenty minutes to arrive. There was a post here a while back that described how BIS worked. This is just from memory, but gives a picture of what can happen with pop email and may be different if using a Microsoft Exchange email or one of the free/web based ones.

BIS initially checks for email only every twenty minutes. If email is found it then checks at very short intervals. If there is no further emails to push to the phone, BIS slowly backs off to longer check times until it gets to the twenty minute period.

Since I am on BIS and if I really need something quickly, I will have it sent via BBM.
    09-14-12 09:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD