I have this problem since late July and have not really have time to take a careful look and ask for help since.

All of a sudden the display stopped displaying images. The Playbook still registers touches and gestures, like when swiping from the bottom left corner i can hear the tapping of the virtual keyboard.

I tried the following but did not help:
    -Hard reset
    -let the battery drain and recharge again

I connect the playbook to a display via micro HDMI everything works as expected including every single tap and gesture but I still don't get anything on the playbook's display.

I am saddened by this problem as I use my playbook as my primary portable video/ video streaming device. I am willing to open the playbook apart, if necessary to replace any component(s).

Can any of you help me how to solve this problem?

Thanks
    08-30-12 08:45 PM
    Simply
    DO NOT ATTEMPT to do any internal messing around.

Contact BB Playbook support

PlayBook Support - Contact Support - US

If you are not in the US:
    Contact your country's BB support hotline
    Last edited by mandony; 08-30-12 at 08:51 PM.
    soo007 likes this.
    08-30-12 08:49 PM
    I am outside the US and I got my PB on launch day so warranty is way over. Its better and faster for a DIY procedure.
    08-30-12 08:53 PM
    RIM has been honoring warranties even when they are past the one-year warranty. If nothing else, it's worth a phone call. I had a somewhat similar video problem with mine and they were very helpful, ending up replacing the bad Playbook.
    soo007 likes this.
    08-30-12 09:22 PM
    RIM has been honoring warranties even when they are past the one-year warranty. If nothing else, it's worth a phone call. I had a somewhat similar video problem with mine and they were very helpful, ending up replacing the bad Playbook.
    my PB does not qualify for the warranty. the DIY method will be best. What would i need to replace?
    08-31-12 11:16 AM
    Search YouTube for PlayBook teardown. There is a 10 minute video that should help you. That will get you to LCD that I assume needs to be replaced. If you can find a LCD cheap it may be worth replacing.

Maybe you could try to shine a flashlight on the display and see if there are any images showing. That would mean the backlight is out.
    Last edited by Chaddface; 08-31-12 at 11:45 AM.
    08-31-12 11:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD