I upgraded BBM today version (6.2.0.56) thinking it was bug fixes and such..After rebooting and loading BBM I am now seeing advertisements under my reply bar...

What is RIM thinking??? It slows down my reply/typing speed and not to mention I click on that advertisement by mistake enough times..

Although the advertisement is good for BBM hook in Apps, I don't want them!!! they are apps of things that you can already do on the Blackberry and you have to pay for them.

my take, WE DON'T WANT ADVERTISEMENT IN BBM!
    Stewartj1 likes this.
    08-30-12 11:44 AM
    Im not seeing this on mine. Could you post some screen shots please?
    ezapper2 likes this.
    08-30-12 11:49 AM
    I have upgraded as well, haven't seen any new BBM ads, but I do get full screen app adverts when I wake my phone up in the mornings.....not happy about that.
    ezapper2 likes this.
    08-30-12 11:50 AM
    I have upgraded as well, haven't seen any new BBM ads, but I do get full screen app adverts when I wake my phone up in the mornings.....not happy about that.
    Those are from 3rd party apps from shady devs.
    setiajie and ezapper2 like this.
    08-30-12 11:52 AM
    Only 3rd party app I have is SocialScope (Haven't received any ads on my other BB with SS installed)

It's a BES device, so I keep it clean
    Last edited by Oniberry; 08-30-12 at 11:56 AM. Reason: apps to ads
    08-30-12 11:55 AM
    I don't see nothing on mine !! clear and smooth as usual
    ezapper2 likes this.
    08-30-12 11:56 AM
    Indeed. Have you installed any "free" apps lately? Not saying all free apps are shady, but I'm talking about "free" apps here.
    ezapper2 likes this.
    08-30-12 11:56 AM
    I upgraded BBM today version (6.2.0.56) thinking it was bug fixes and such..After rebooting and loading BBM I am now seeing advertisements under my reply bar...

What is RIM thinking??? It slows down my reply/typing speed and not to mention I click on that advertisement by mistake enough times..

Although the advertisement is good for BBM hook in Apps, I don't want them!!! they are apps of things that you can already do on the Blackberry and you have to pay for them.

I'm not seeing the ads, either.
    ezapper2 likes this.
    08-30-12 11:58 AM
    Im not seeing this on mine. Could you post some screen shots please?
    How can I upload the photos?
    08-30-12 11:59 AM
    Upload the photo to a photo sharing site like photobucket, or a file sharing site like dropbox and then you can post a link to the photo in the thread.
    08-30-12 12:00 PM
    I don't see nothing
    ezapper2 likes this.
    08-30-12 12:01 PM
    Screen shot App, I updated & I'm not showing any advertisement.
    ezapper2 likes this.
    08-30-12 12:01 PM
    i have no ads on my bbm
    ezapper2 likes this.
    08-30-12 12:08 PM
    Upload the photo to a photo sharing site like photobucket, or a file sharing site like dropbox and then you can post a link to the photo in the thread.
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ushz63cqlzxlc07/OcwirznJBu

let me know if you can see it. I also deleted all recent installed apps.. no luck... It was literally right after installing the new bbm version and rebooting...
    OniBerry likes this.
    08-30-12 12:20 PM
    Not seeing it here. Take a screen capture and upload so we can figure this out.

Right now I suspect you've installed an app from outside of App World and it's what's doing this.
    08-30-12 12:22 PM
    08-30-12 12:27 PM
    Clean as a whistle here. Sounds and looks like some devious 3rd party app!
    ezapper2 likes this.
    08-30-12 12:32 PM
    thnx for the help everyone!

I had an app called status shuffler...it was fine until I did an update earlier today at the same time as the bbm update. they may have upgraded it to show advertisment. its gone now!!!
    OniBerry likes this.
    08-30-12 12:38 PM
    Glad it all worked out OP!!!
    ezapper2 likes this.
    08-30-12 12:50 PM

this post really cracked me up, any mainstream corporation will never do this. thanks for a very good laugh though
    Last edited by 2c; 08-30-12 at 01:24 PM.
    ezapper2 likes this.
    08-30-12 12:55 PM
    this post really cracked me up, any mainstream corporation will never do this.
    They already do. Many of them. Obviously your Samsung Refrigerator never blasted a advert at you while you were getting some milk for some cereal...
    08-30-12 12:56 PM
    I have this same issue but I never installed Status Shuffler or Pic Shuffler which is the other one that pops up. I did install some games recently from Blackberry App world (free games) but I removed them and I can't get rid of this. I also get a message in my messages folder from Srid games all the time regarding specials on their apps. Anyone know how I can clean this up. BBM is super slow and I always click on the Ad by accident.
    10-30-12 02:59 PM
    Wow, things always get resolved the moment you ask for help. I missed one game called "Piano for kids". Now the Ads are gone. I wouldn't recommend installing anything from Srid games.Super annoying
    10-30-12 03:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD