After 4year with SiriusXM Canada, I finally pulled the plug. You ask why? When they stopped supporting my BlackBerry. I had a storm and had an app. But when the 9800 came out i upgraded and looked forward to using Sirius with it but no luck, send 5-10 email and no one cares. so the 9900 comes out and I have to have one and hope that Sirius finally gives me an app. Nope.
    Im so tired of company not making things for BlackBerry. Until they give me my app im not signing up. I will keep my $12 a month and I think i might do the same for Netflix. with bb 10 a few months away spend the day and get an app ready for it. you'll make an extra 12bucks
    08-28-12 06:27 PM
    Good decision. I would be frustrated as well, and do the same to cancel the service.
    08-28-12 07:09 PM
    Send them that email. I'll do it also. Maybe with enough of us saying this they will smartening the f@!k up
    08-28-12 07:13 PM
    I would cancel them now if it wasn't for Howard. I'm sitting here right now trying to revive my poor S50 that was working fine when I pulled it off the dock inside but now gives invalid image messages after I docked it in my car. Even if I can revive it, I most likely lost the last week or so of Howard I had recorded, plus all of my saved songs. For those that think RIM has poor support for its products, they've never owned SiriusXM equipment...
    vespajet likes this.
    08-28-12 07:18 PM
    I think when people get calls or emails, they should return them saying their smartphone or tablet is not supported by Netflix or whomever and so they will not be purchasing the advertised product.
    08-28-12 07:46 PM
    After 4year with SiriusXM Canada, I finally pulled the plug. You ask why? When they stopped supporting my BlackBerry. I had a storm and had an app. But when the 9800 came out i upgraded and looked forward to using Sirius with it but no luck, send 5-10 email and no one cares. so the 9900 comes out and I have to have one and hope that Sirius finally gives me an app. Nope.
    Im so tired of company not making things for BlackBerry. Until they give me my app im not signing up. I will keep my $12 a month and I think i might do the same for Netflix. with bb 10 a few months away spend the day and get an app ready for it. you'll make an extra 12bucks
    A very simple search would reveal that something's in the works for BB10 and the 9900/9810 series. Just give it a bit more time.
    08-28-12 08:02 PM
    That's what we all heard with the Playbook!! It's coming! Meanwhile a year and a half later!
    spiraleze and Coachbulldog like this.
    08-28-12 08:19 PM
    That's what we all heard with the Playbook!! It's coming! Meanwhile a year and a half later!
    Development takes time, and when a platform change comes up, like what's happened with BlackBerry 10, some things have to be changed.

Instead of developing for just PlayBook, development suddenly gets re-geared towards supporting BB10 AND PlayBook with the same code. Instead of killing one bird with one stone, then having to kill another with another stone, it's being re-geared to kill three birds one stone. Give it time.
    playbookster likes this.
    08-28-12 08:40 PM
    Someone send netflix the memo
    08-28-12 08:43 PM
    I don't blame you, I probably would have done the same. It does suck though that a lot of these major apps and content providers don't support BlackBerry.

I just keep hoping that is has more to do with OS7 than the platform as a whole. Everyone knew/knows that OS7 was just a stop gap measure while RIM moved from OS6 to OS10 and was essentially a dead/dying OS from the time it was released.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know how many of these petitions us BB users have sent to companies have actually been successful? The only one I'm aware of was the MLB At Bat 2012 app.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9380 using Tapatalk
    08-28-12 10:01 PM
    Development takes time, and when a platform change comes up, like what's happened with BlackBerry 10, some things have to be changed.

Instead of developing for just PlayBook, development suddenly gets re-geared towards supporting BB10 AND PlayBook with the same code. Instead of killing one bird with one stone, then having to kill another with another stone, it's being re-geared to kill three birds one stone. Give it time.

I agree, but if BB10 doesn't have Words With, Hanging With, HBO GO, Cinimax, Hulu Plus, Netflix and other numerous popular apps on the IOS and Android platforms, its dead in the water. I have friends that are looking forward to the launch, but if the apps are not there they will be going with the Iphone 5. OS development is one thing, getting the popular apps is a must.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930
    08-29-12 12:50 AM
    I agree, but if BB10 doesn't have Words With, Hanging With, HBO GO, Cinimax, Hulu Plus, Netflix and other numerous popular apps on the IOS and Android platforms, its dead in the water. I have friends that are looking forward to the launch, but if the apps are not there they will be going with the Iphone 5. OS development is one thing, getting the popular apps is a must.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930
    MTE.

I complained and emailed and called Sirius about the lack of apps for BB7 which is one of the reasons I didn't upgrade to the Torch when I had the chance because Sirius was not supported. My phone is the only way I have of listening to Sirius at work due to IT blocking streaming sites. The replies from Sirius were all the same canned responses about there not being enough BB subscribers to continue support and a few actually told me to invest my money in an Android or iPhone.

However I doubt if canceling the service would have any impact on them making an app.
    08-29-12 09:59 AM
    MTE.

I complained and emailed and called Sirius about the lack of apps for BB7 which is one of the reasons I didn't upgrade to the Torch when I had the chance because Sirius was not supported. My phone is the only way I have of listening to Sirius at work due to IT blocking streaming sites. The replies from Sirius were all the same canned responses about there not being enough BB subscribers to continue support and a few actually told me to invest my money in an Android or iPhone.

However I doubt if canceling the service would have any impact on them making an app.
    If enough people cancel and tell them why they're cancelling it will work.
    08-29-12 10:57 AM
    If enough people cancel and tell them why they're cancelling it will work.
    In the case of Blackberry, no... The number of remaining people on the platform is just too small these days. (it's down to what... Around 5% according to some studies.

That's why its vital for a struggling platform to stay at around (or right above) ten percent of the market share. Any less than that, and you just don't have enough critical mass, and developers, service providers etc. drop you.

So keep your subscription if you like it, quitting over support for BB isn't going to make any difference. It's not about you, it's the five people before you dropping Blackberries...
    GingerSnapsBack likes this.
    08-29-12 11:17 AM
    CrackedBarry - You make it sound as though there are only a few dozen people or so left using BB. LOL. There are millions upon MILLIONS of BB users around the world. Do you know what 1 million people inside of a room would look like? BlackBerry has 87 million subscribers. Why are sitting there trying to make a legitimate justification on behalf of all these companies? Do you not think there are companies who are just plain lazy or too cheap to support BB?

The reason the five people before him dropped BlackBerries is also because some of these companies don't bother to create the apps. Keep that in mind when you are giving that default explanation of yours about critical mass, developers and all that.
    08-29-12 11:40 AM
    CrackedBarry - You make it sound as though there are only a few dozen people or so left using BB. LOL. There are millions upon MILLIONS of BB users around the world. Do you know what 1 million people inside of a room would look like? BlackBerry has 87 million subscribers. Why are sitting there trying to make a legitimate justification on behalf of all these companies? Do you not think there are companies who are just plain lazy or too cheap to support BB?

The reason the five people before him dropped BlackBerries is also because some of these companies don't bother to create the apps. Keep that in mind when you are giving that default explanation of yours about critical mass, developers and all that.
    Yeah, millions. How many current users out of those millions have access to the Sirius app/service? I bet not even 15%. Out of that 15% of about 78 Million+ Subs, how many care about that one specific app? 1%? 5%? Doesn't matter. Last question? How many would take the time to send an e-mail or send a note voicing their displeasure?

There are certainly more than a few dozen users Worldwide, they just don't act like lemmings...LoL
    Last edited by Oniberry; 08-29-12 at 12:28 PM.
    08-29-12 11:51 AM
    This is the problem nowadays, too many people like you with made up statistics in their heads who think they know everything. Pull out some stats from own Oniberry brain, talk to self, bet this and that, and you made all your own answers.
    08-29-12 12:04 PM
    What is really frustrating even with the lack of a BB program for Sirius, you cant just log in and listen on BB or PlayBook --
    08-29-12 12:06 PM
    Sorry, but an American company making an app for their services, whether Sirius or Netflix, doesn't care how many millions of users BB has in Africa and Indonesia. It's only the US market that counts for them, and that means a smartphone share of around 5%.

And BTW millions isn't very much in this case. Android gets 300.000 activations a day, that's ten million users in a month...
    08-29-12 12:08 PM
    This is the problem nowadays, too many people like you with made up statistics in their heads who think they know everything. Pull out some stats from own Oniberry brain, talk to self, bet this and that, and you made all your own answers.
    Feel free to do some independent research for yourself.
    08-29-12 12:27 PM

CrackedBarry and Oniberry beat me to the punch, but they're right. If BBX is successful and millions and millions of USA users flock back to BB and then demand an app from Sirius or Netflix, yeah. Maybe. But the users now are just SOL because the demand isn't there.

If people keep dropping BB by the day, what's the motivation or reason for Sirius or Netflix or even Instagram to make an app for BB if people keep leaving en masse?
    OniBerry likes this.
    08-29-12 12:33 PM
    Seriously? Cancelling a service because they don't offer an app for your phone? I'm sure SiriusXM will sorely miss your $144.00 per year.
    08-29-12 01:22 PM
    I have to agree with the others. If you are marketing a product,you go where the money is. That is currently not BlackBerry. I hope they (BB) change that but we will have to wait and see. Don't blame the app developer.
    08-29-12 03:43 PM
    They (RIM) has to bring the Thunder when they come with BB10.

I really hope it can turn things around.
    08-29-12 03:50 PM
    The way I look at things maybe a little off. If a company doesn't offer what you are looking for just fined one that does. In this case there are many apps that will allow you to stream music to any blackberry device. Use one of them. If blackberry doesn't offer what you want find a device that will.
    Netflix sends me a "come back" email weekly. I respond with "when you support the playbook". But I can use other sites that do allow me to watch movies and tv shows if I want. Just be a little flexible.
    fanatical likes this.
    08-29-12 04:12 PM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD