Yesterday I got a Pearl 9100. (picked it up, new for cheap)

They are hard to find in Australia. A friend has been using one for few years now and I always thought they were neat little phones.

So yesterday I swapped from my Storm2.

The 9100 has less application storage space, but faster CPU. Overall, I'm very pleased. Its a tiny phone that does all the BB stuff.

Its a little strange carrying a BES BB handset around that is this tiny.

Small candybar type phones are out of fashion these days. But I maintain its a brilliant phone.
    08-27-12 07:49 PM
    I'm definitely a fan of the pearl form factor. A very good device for sure.
    08-27-12 10:40 PM
    The 9100 is a great phone. I still have mine as a backup. It works great still.

08-28-12 01:21 AM
    I agree. I had the 8130 6-7 years back. It was a sleek device. Still miss not using it. I would take one over the curve models that had the raised keyboards.
    08-28-12 02:27 PM
    The pearl was a great phone.

My biggest gripe with the older pearls was the limited memory.
    08-28-12 03:15 PM
    Yesterday I got a Pearl 9100. (picked it up, new for cheap)

They are hard to find in Australia. A friend has been using one for few years now and I always thought they were neat little phones.

So yesterday I swapped from my Storm2.

The 9100 has less application storage space, but faster CPU. Overall, I'm very pleased. Its a tiny phone that does all the BB stuff.

Its a little strange carrying a BES BB handset around that is this tiny.

Small candybar type phones are out of fashion these days. But I maintain its a brilliant phone.
    They're great phones once you get used to typing with the keyboard.
    I loved the small form as I was able to put them inside my jean pockets without squishing it when sitting down.
    Just look out for the dust under the plastic screen, i had 5 of these at work where the plastic would lift up. I guess the adhesive holding it is not strong enough.

09-26-12 06:20 PM
    My screen never did that. Maybe because I always carried it in my purse.
    09-28-12 10:16 AM
    i still use this phone. i love it. it's been driving me nuts lately with random restarts and the keyboard is acting up. she wants to be retired for a curve 9380 but i wont let her go til bb10 comes out. still crossing my fingers for a bb10 pearl 4g, but i think that's only in my dreams.
    09-30-12 10:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD