What's the longest amout of time you've gone without a restart or battery pull...? I'm testing mine as I watch the free memory dwindle down over time...
    08-27-12 02:48 PM
    My Torch 2 went 32 days without a restart.
    08-27-12 03:02 PM
    I know it been at least two months since I've restarted mine. I pulled the battery back in June when I installed a larger memory card. Haven't done anything since.
    08-27-12 03:26 PM
    I gone 3months without a battery pull or restart on my 9930. I havent restarted my playbook since the last update, prior to that it was Feb. . Love my BB and love that lies that the trolls put on here about battery pulls and restarts.
    08-27-12 03:49 PM
    I bet I could find a dozen users on my BES that have more than a month of uptime.
    peteygrizz likes this.
    08-27-12 04:08 PM
    i usually pull daily.. but im trying an experiment.. i found out that the memory refreshes itself after being on 0 for a while (yes the timer spins and freezes are annoying as heck until the surge in memory) but yesterday i got 45mb back

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    08-27-12 04:43 PM
    3 times a day

I know its much less compared to you'll
    08-28-12 01:59 PM
    I am increasingly believing my Torch is defective in some way. I have had the phone completely freeze at least 1x a day every day for the last 2 weeks, requiring a battery pull to reset. Reading the above and how well yours go, seems certain to me now. I am thinking of doing a factory reset and seeing if that changes anything.
    08-29-12 09:46 AM
    Only once since May. that is because of an application that was giving me problems
    08-29-12 01:59 PM
    Lucky you's (except @rgshah) who go for months without a battery pull/hard reset. I need to do it every couple of days, it becomes astonishingly slow with this 'other memory' eating into the free memory.

How do you all do it??
    08-29-12 02:09 PM
    I am increasingly believing my Torch is defective in some way. I have had the phone completely freeze at least 1x a day every day for the last 2 weeks, requiring a battery pull to reset. Reading the above and how well yours go, seems certain to me now. I am thinking of doing a factory reset and seeing if that changes anything.
    Yep same here so I am currently trying a new OS build, this one is great when it doesn't freeze but it does it constantly and I find myself doing a re-start between 1-3 times a day.
    randall2580 likes this.
    08-29-12 05:16 PM
    What's the longest amout of time you've gone without a restart or battery pull...? I'm testing mine as I watch the free memory dwindle down over time...
    I very rarely restart my 9810 because of freezing or memory lag, easily less than once per month. Have Memory Cleaning set to run after 5 minutes idle time. Only times I have to reboot is for app updates usually.
    08-29-12 09:42 PM
    I use a program that restarts mine nightly. What benefit do you think not restarting has?
    08-30-12 12:04 AM
    Almost daily. I think my daily use of facebook and browsing makes it eat memory. But I don't have any issue pulling battery once a day cause it makes device faster.
    08-30-12 12:48 AM
    I don't think I've ever gone much more than a week without restarting. I start to drop below 100 MB of memory at the 4-day mark or so, and things can get really dodgy when it drops down to around 50 MB -- primarily, getting calls where I can't hear the other person and they can't hear me. I have deReset and it automagically restarts my 9810 every 3 days at 4 in the morning.
    08-30-12 12:06 PM
    I don't think I've ever gone much more than a week without restarting. I start to drop below 100 MB of memory at the 4-day mark or so, and things can get really dodgy when it drops down to around 50 MB -- primarily, getting calls where I can't hear the other person and they can't hear me. I have deReset and it automagically restarts my 9810 every 3 days at 4 in the morning.
    Lucky lucky you my friend. Ever since I started monitoring memory, I don't think I have ever had more than 100 megs at any time. I reboot and it goes to about 80 megs tops. With the long weekend coming up, I'm thinking of a clean wipe and re-install.
    08-30-12 01:31 PM
    Wow I have never been able to go longer than 30 hours. I'm currently on. .569 and started with only stock apps at first with 95mb free after reboot. After a day or so got down to single digits. Slowly added apps now have 55mb at startup and drop to 20s in a few hours with single digits after a day resulting in clocking and sluggish response. When I had my 8320 I let it go down to 0 and ended up loosing messages and call logs. Since then I have never let my bb drop past 8mb or so. So idk how the heck you guys go for months without.
    09-03-12 11:20 PM
    On this charge I'm at 19 hrs, 80% battery and 129.46 GB free. 7.1.0.658 Rocks.
    09-08-12 03:25 PM
    I doubt I can make it 48 hours
    09-10-12 02:57 AM
    i usually manually do it once a week ish when i feel the slow down.
    currently on .583

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    09-12-12 01:06 AM
    As I understand it, when RAM drops below a certain point, the system "borrows" from flash memory (termed paging to flash memory) and you get that back (some, at least) when you hard reset. I've recently started using an app called Digital Menu Clock by LSPhone which seems to be helping to free up that "lost" memory due to RAM paging without having to battery pull. Too soon to tell you for sure that theoretically I never have to hard reset again but will keep you posted... What I do know for sure is that every memory booster app I've tried up till now (and I've tried A LOT of them!!) is rubbish!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
    09-12-12 01:26 AM
    i only restart when i do an app update. for battery pull, ages since I did my last. Even though it freeze, i just wait patiently and let the clock go spin by itself till it comes back to working nicely
    01-02-13 08:42 PM
    I do a battery pull every 2 -3 days more like reset using the keys tho
    01-02-13 09:58 PM
    I do it once a day
    01-04-13 04:06 AM
    Interesting thread and just as interesting is that there have been several threads about this over the years, and the replies are about the same now as back then. When you think about it (regardless of the specific posted times) the phones now - 98XX-99XX-series are much faster and "smarter" smartphones and that equates to more battery consumption, yet the responses aren't much different than they were with the earlier series phones. As for me, I have AdvOS-LED on my phone and it reboots the phone at 5am every day so I can't say how long I've gone. I have gone from 6am until 2am the following morning with 45% remaining but in fairness, it was a very light usage day. Usually go all day with 35% or so remaining when I go to bed and put it on the charger. I just looked at my phone and it's at 85% and has been running (emails, texts, etc) for 5 hrs. I currently have 126.85MB of free memory--and this is the norm with .746 running for me. So its always best for us to remember that Apps suck up battery and memory, not systems. Thanks!
    01-04-13 01:42 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD