Hi guys
    i bought a new playbook today to replace my 16gb one, i backed it up like ive done before and tried to reinstall it to my new 64gb playbook but i keep getting the message
    "the software version of your playbook tablet is incompatible with the data in this file"
    Can anyone help?
    08-27-12 02:42 PM
    Did you have OS 2.1 beta installed? If so, you need to update the OS to the beta version so you can restore the backup.

Good luck!
    08-27-12 02:50 PM
    dont think so, just the regular update you get over the air??
    08-27-12 02:59 PM
    new one has 2.0.1 bundle 358
    old one has 2.0.1 bundle 668
    08-27-12 03:01 PM
    Same thing happened to me. I backed up on .668, and then could not restore to the 64 because RIM pulled the update. I updated to the new beta, and then restored.

The RIM rep I talked to said to "try next week for a fix of .668". That was weeks ago. I don't think we will see .668 again. We will see 2.1 by fall I bet, and then BB10 in March.

I was sent a survey after that call, which I was honest on, received a follow up asking for details of the complaint. I replied, waited a week and received a notice that the ticket was closed.
    08-27-12 03:06 PM
    how can i install the beta? where can i get it from?
    08-27-12 03:07 PM
    how can i pull all my music off the old playbook onto my new one as some are downloads and some are transferred over using BB desktop software?
    08-27-12 03:27 PM
    Beta:

https://developer.blackberry.com/devzone/register

I copy movies, music, photos manually using drag/drop and I do it using wifi sharing and sometimes using the usb cable.

You can copy to computer and then to the new pb. Or sometimes both devices can be plugged in and you can copy from on to the other using Win' Explorer or similar.
    08-27-12 03:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD