I'm asking about this for my grandmother. Right now she has an LG Optimus V from Virgin Mobile and really doesn't like it. She is considering switching from that to a Boost Mobile Curve 9310. I haven't used the phone so I am wondering how good it is and if it would be a better match for her than the Optimus V (which I am sure it will be).

How is the speed of the phone? I obviously wouldn't want her having any freezing or blackclocking on things it should be able to handle. I just want her to have a smooth experience. She isn't a user like myself who uses their phone 24/7. She would mostly use it for calling, txting, email, with occasional email use. Her main complaint is the battery life. Does the Curve 9310 have anything worse than excellent battery life? Like I said, she wouldn't be using it 24/7, but how long would it last her? Anything else you want to include is welcome.

Just looking for people who have this phone or have used it since I haven't. I want it to be a solid device before she buys it.
    Last edited by ajst222; 08-24-12 at 11:27 AM.
    08-24-12 11:24 AM
    its fast but not crazy fast and the battery life is okay ..
    the phones last's me about a day or 2 if i dont do much on it the
    phone has battery save mode ..also 3g/1x hybrid mode for if the area doesnt
    have 3g it goes to 1x which is okay the rateings ima give
    performance 8 out of 10
    feel- 8 out of 10
    design -ill give a 8.5 out of 10

for more go to http://crackberry.com/blackberry-curve-9310-review
    08-24-12 03:07 PM
    C'mon guys! I want some more personal reviews. And yes, I have seen the official CB Review. Just want some other opinions
    08-25-12 08:45 PM
    I have been using this device for about a week now and so far no complaints at all, as a matter of fact I would recommend it to anyone looking for a nice solid device that will give them a nice BlackBerry experience. As I stated in recent posts about this phone I bought this to "hold me over" until the BB10's hit the market. Prior to this I was using a Bold 9700 that I loved but it up and quit on me and I didn't want to go under contract w/a 9930 with the 10 series coming. There is more than enough RAM and OS7 is much,much better than OS6 IMO. The built in FM radio is a neat little feature as well. Omly drawback I have is the lack of themes, but if this is for your grandmother I doubt that will be an issue. If you are looking for a good quality device for her to have then I can't see you getting hurt by this. The CB review of 8 out of 10 is right on the money. She will be much happier than the LG Optimus V she is currently using, and shame on you for allowing her to get that piece of garbage!
    ajst222 likes this.
    08-25-12 10:57 PM
    I have been using this device for about a week now and so far no complaints at all, as a matter of fact I would recommend it to anyone looking for a nice solid device that will give them a nice BlackBerry experience. As I stated in recent posts about this phone I bought this to "hold me over" until the BB10's hit the market. Prior to this I was using a Bold 9700 that I loved but it up and quit on me and I didn't want to go under contract w/a 9930 with the 10 series coming. There is more than enough RAM and OS7 is much,much better than OS6 IMO. The built in FM radio is a neat little feature as well. Omly drawback I have is the lack of themes, but if this is for your grandmother I doubt that will be an issue. If you are looking for a good quality device for her to have then I can't see you getting hurt by this. The CB review of 8 out of 10 is right on the money. She will be much happier than the LG Optimus V she is currently using, and shame on you for allowing her to get that piece of garbage!
    Well hey, she already had Virgin Mobile and that phone was on sale! lol But that is a good idea to hold you over by getting a no contract BlackBerry. Good thinking! My contract is up in August next year and RIM said that they will be releasing more high end devices later in the year so I'm good lol. Anyways, back to the Curve haha
    08-26-12 09:14 AM
    Anyone else??
    09-05-12 08:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD