I've been doing some searching for some User Interface inspiration,looking at apps from BlackBerry 10 cascades, Android ICS and even iOS, so everywhere I see a good looking app I stop and take note.
    Today I saw an article regarding Spotify. It used a screen shot of Spotify for Android ICS. The UI caught me because it looked so much like a BlackBerry 10 cascades app. After looking closely I realized the app used regular feature of Android UI, the color scheme was the only thing that made it seem different.
    Doing some search I found that the BlackBerry 10 cascades UI shared may things with Android ICS. What do you guys think, Here are some examples:

BlackBerry 10 cascades sample:

Spotify for Android:

I might just be paranoide, waiting for BB10 taking a toll maybe.
    I don't take the similarity as a bad thing either. I like both Android and BlackBerry 10 UI.
    08-22-12 07:52 PM
    They share a lot of the same looks in some areas. Kinda makes sense in a way, TAT used to work on Android. Personally though, I don't mind the similarities. Holo on Android looks nice. May prove to be a legal battle though, possibly lol.
    08-22-12 08:12 PM
    They share a lot of the same looks in some areas. Kinda makes sense in a way, TAT used to work on Android. Personally though, I don't mind the similarities. Holo on Android looks nice. May prove to be a legal battle though, possibly lol.

I also like the minor similarities thus far. I'm not sure how deep Android's open source-ness goes, but i don't think these similarities in UI will cause a problem with a company like Android/Google.
    08-22-12 08:23 PM
    Consumers want anything but what blackberry looks like so similar to droid should work
    08-22-12 09:36 PM
    Seems unlikely as Android is open source
    I agree, I like the look. ICS (and JB) brought huge improvements of the Android UI, and I don't mind some of those elements being on BB10.
    08-23-12 10:21 PM
    It looks sick though. Hopefully it won't be too buggy when they release it. Not sure yet if I've decided to upgrade to an os10 device. Wife has an android device and following suit w/ android seems to be a smart move..
    08-24-12 10:58 AM
    It looks sick though. Hopefully it won't be too buggy when they release it. Not sure yet if I've decided to upgrade to an os10 device. Wife has an android device and following suit w/ android seems to be a smart move..

i'm an android guy before bb, but since getting my Blackberry last year i find it quite handy but lacking in a lot of functionality and UI. But the BB10 has held my curiosity, and i'm waiting to see what happens to it. come next year i am getting BB10 on playbook hopefully, but idk if i can afford a new device. my wish will just get both a new android and bb10
    08-24-12 12:10 PM
    As a developer I can confirm that Cascades theme is similar to not just Android, also iOS, Palm, Window Phone...

I don't care, as long as it's beautiful and people can't complain at all about the UI.
    08-28-12 09:22 PM
    Well, Cascades isn't just the action bar and the swipe menus. It's the moments of charm like the jumping radio button and the ease of incorporating these animations into your app. I finally got a Dev Alpha device and so is very interested in building apps using cascades (since it's not supported on the PlayBook).
    08-29-12 11:48 PM
    Well, Cascades isn't just the action bar and the swipe menus. It's the moments of charm like the jumping radio button and the ease of incorporating these animations into your app. I finally got a Dev Alpha device and so is very interested in building apps using cascades (since it's not supported on the PlayBook).

Remember there is a way to get BB10 devAlpha version on PB, just in case you like taking risks
    08-30-12 07:43 PM
    Remember there is a way to get BB10 devAlpha version on PB, just in case you like taking risks
    I know, but I need my PlayBook for work (I have a regular job outside of app development for BB10) and so I can't take the risk of messing it up. I haven't even loaded up the 2.1 development beta because of that...
    08-31-12 12:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD