So we can side-load with external tools such as BBH, but is someone working on an App that will let us side-load directly from the playbook? So I can navigate the web, find my ".bar" download it and open it with that loader tool that would install it? Then I could remove the downloaded bar and call it a day?

Anyone working on that yet?
    08-22-12 10:45 AM
    08-22-12 11:10 AM
    So i read the the other thread which sent me to yet another thread, and correct me if i'm wrong,

But both PB and phone need to be connected to A wifi network?

Like my home network?

So, i should be able to get a proxy for my pc instead of using the phone right?(saving battery)...

Is there the link??

Sent from a old but beautiful BB 8520 or a new and shinny PB 2.0
    08-22-12 11:49 AM
    Thank you!
    08-22-12 11:53 AM
    How do i install the proxy in the router? it would be easier to install the files that way...

08-23-12 11:43 AM
    i been doing this for month... after a while.. ur pb is bugged... im actually deleting all my android apps now... read this thread FIRST... if not...dont cuss out RIM ( or Blackberry as Crackberry Kevin calls it ) lol

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...3/#post7684448
    10-19-12 08:19 AM
    So i read the the other thread which sent me to yet another thread, and correct me if i'm wrong,

But both PB and phone need to be connected to A wifi network?

Like my home network?

So, i should be able to get a proxy for my pc instead of using the phone right?(saving battery)...

Is there the link??

Yes, that should work with an PC based proxy, for example Proximodo: Proximodo (Make sure to set it to accept connections from all IP addresses and then enter your PC's IP address and the correct port number in LocalBar)

How do i install the proxy in the router? it would be easier to install the files that way...

You'd need a router with a firmware that supports adding packages. Generally speaking I don't think the firmwares routers ship with will support this. You'd need to look into installing something like Open-WRT (https://openwrt.org/) or one of the other Linux based router firmwares (there's a few, Free-WRT, DD-WRT, Tomato etc. I assume they all support adding custom packages e.g. some proxy software)

i been doing this for month... after a while.. ur pb is bugged... im actually deleting all my android apps now... read this thread FIRST... if not...dont cuss out RIM ( or Blackberry as Crackberry Kevin calls it ) lol

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...3/#post7684448
    Sideloading is the same through every method, so this one will have no more of a negative impact that sideloading from a PC. And sideloading doesn't have a negative impact anyway. If you don't know what you're doing with Android apps, and the apps you are sideloading are Android apps, you can create a few problems for yourself, but if you have a small bit of sense, you shouldn't encounter any problems. Even if you do, they would be contained to within the Android player. If you're sideloading native apps, the worst that can possibly happen is the app will not work and it will have no effect on anything else.
    10-19-12 10:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD