I had an idea for a poll, but lost my entire train of thought. So sorry about this thread.

If you want to weigh in your 2 cents you are more than welcome, but if it disappears I won't be disappointed.

It was not a bashing RIM or 'trolling' post.

I want to see an increase of BB market share come next year with the proper marketing skills and ecosystem.
    Last edited by blackhawksfan75; 08-22-12 at 10:40 AM.
    08-22-12 10:31 AM
    Even though I went ahead and made the switch to Android I feel like I lost a true love without my blackberry but I just could not make myself wait any longer for BB10 and had to do something. I think by the time my 2 years is up blackberry BB10 will be a well established OS and I have no doubt that I will be looking at blackberry again as my phone of choice
    08-22-12 10:50 AM
    I really think that we will see iOS developers develop for BB. iOS has some VERY nice and expensive at times apps. It's risky to develop those for android due to piracy and fragmentation. with a slick smooth secure OS in BB10, I think we will be seeing those titles come over. It will take time, and really all eyes turn to Alec Saunders once BB10 hits shelves, as he needs to start the avalanche.
    08-22-12 11:46 AM
    well im thinking of switching over to android,the galaxy s3 looks amazing,and the fact that its open source,and im able to have more control to me that sounds really good
    08-22-12 03:44 PM
    Android and iOS are growing while everyone else is sinking. Other platforms do certain things better, but if you want one device that does everything you are best owning one of those. I can't see RIM competing even if BB10 is good. They need to give a reason to people to switch to BB10 and I haven't seen one yet.
    08-23-12 11:53 AM
    With some luck .... BB10 will be in third or fourth place... will probably be a batle with WP8 for third place.... Not saying BB10 will never make second or first... but will take more tha a year... the one edge that RIM has over WP8 is the current user base... if they make upgrading to BB10 attractive they will have a hit on their hands... at least compared to now.....
    08-23-12 12:03 PM
    Android and iOS are growing while everyone else is sinking. Other platforms do certain things better, but if you want one device that does everything you are best owning one of those. I can't see RIM competing even if BB10 is good. They need to give a reason to people to switch to BB10 and I haven't seen one yet.
    At best, BB10 will be a welcome change to the Iphones and Androids, and that would be a selling point given RIM's reputation in the mobile space. At worst, they would have a product current Blackberry addicts can continue riding the bandwagon with...there would be a 'relevant' product for the hardcore Blackberry people come BB10.

I don't see any drawbacks in introducing a QNX smartphone, and it even ushers in even more competition in a market that needs competition. Innovation can only happen if the market forces companies off their laurels...

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    08-23-12 12:12 PM
    A yesr from now still around trying to keep themselves from being split up and sold to the highest bidder. I see Blackberry in 5 years being in an Apple or Android forum along with Palm in a discussion about things past companies did wrong and what not to do. Mainly Apple forums because Apple is peaking and a Decline is sure to come in a year or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by CrackberryBrandon; 08-23-12 at 12:24 PM.
    08-23-12 12:21 PM
    I think RIM will be doing better. Apps and marketing are what they need to focus on. I don't know what the marketing department is up to, as they're not as transparent as RIM's app developer outreach or whatever they call it is (which makes sense).

But every time I watch a video clip of a BB Dev conference or something, I've seen that RIM does a GREAT job of sort of saying, "you've gotta be an 1di0t or just really not like money if you don't take a few hours or a day to modify your Android app to make it run on the PlayBook/BB10 and watch cash pour in."

Like I said, their marketing department hasn't been as open and accessible to the public, so we can't see the strides RIM is hopefully making like they are when it comes to embracing app developers. But really, why should or would it be? It would look pretty weird and desperate if RIM's marketing people were on Twitter asking people, "so, what kinds of commercials do you guys want to see for BlackBerry 10? Best 5 get a free Bold or future BlackBerry 10 device." That would just scream incompetence.

I was pretty disappointed to hear that BlackBerry 10 devices got pushed back to the beginning of next year, but I was encouraged by the fact that RIM appears to know what it has done "wrong" and continues to make things better. I mean look at the PlayBook. 1+ year after it launches, it is still almost current with the hardware specs of tablets launched much more recently, and RIM continues to improve upon the OS and UI, which I again shows that RIM is listening now and tries to implement our whining and suggestions into their devices.
    08-23-12 12:47 PM
    Hopefully not telling us that BB10 is coming out Q1 2014.
    08-23-12 03:34 PM
    But every time I watch a video clip of a BB Dev conference or something, I've seen that RIM does a GREAT job of sort of saying, "you've gotta be an 1di0t or just really not like money if you don't take a few hours or a day to modify your Android app to make it run on the PlayBook/BB10 and watch cash pour in."
    wow, I've have a flashback and remember HP and Palm before them giving the same talk.
    08-23-12 03:36 PM
    In my pocket....
    mcguillicudy49 likes this.
    08-23-12 05:26 PM
    year from now I will have a BB10 with keyboard and others in the tech market and around the world will need to see and touch what is the next big thing.
    08-23-12 07:05 PM
    year from now I will have a BB10 with keyboard and others in the tech market and around the world will need to see and touch what is the next big thing.
    08-23-12 07:20 PM
    Here's my thing. I've had my Droid for about a year now. I now realize what apps I actually give two craps about. And the BB OS7 has apps for anything I would want to do. When BB10 comes out, i plan on changing to it when my plan expires just to have something different. People are going to get sick of the iOS experience. nto many people drive the same make/model of cars for 20 years after all.
    08-23-12 07:33 PM
    In my pocket!!! where else?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Masahiro and Speedygi like this.
    08-23-12 11:44 PM
    I know exactly where BlackBerry will be a year from now; on my hip in it's holster

Written from BitPusher's BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    08-24-12 01:38 AM
    There are a lot of things that can happen in two years.
    First of all, BB10 has to stop the hemorrhaging. If RIM can keep its customer base or continue growing, it can survive, as long as the shareholders don't start clamoring for a breakup and they are not bought out.
    Secondly, carriers can continue to get fed up with Apple or Apple may play hardball with the carriers and insist that carriers subsidize their phones, pushing carriers to RIM.
    Thirdly, some killer app may be better suited to the secure system that RIM has developed, something like an electronic wallet.
    Fourthly, some news may come out that Apple or Google are doing something that p1sses off their customer base, like selling or monetizing personal information in a way that people feel is wrong.
    Fifthly, people may find out that Apple was fully aware of the slave labour conditions in the factories that make their products and turn away from them.
    You never know what is going to happen. Who thought Michael Jackson would die at 50?
    You have to be in the game to win. The front runners can stumble.
    08-24-12 07:18 AM
    Thirdly, some killer app may be better suited to the secure system that RIM has developed, something like an electronic wallet.
    Fourthly, some news may come out that Apple or Google are doing something that p1sses off their customer base, like selling or monetizing personal information in a way that people feel is wrong.
    Fifthly, people may find out that Apple was fully aware of the slave labour conditions in the factories that make their products and turn away from them.

The last five years have shown pretty conclusively that as a group, the general public don't give a crap about any of those issues in any way that significantly impacts sales.

It's still going to come down tofundamentals:

* Is the price right?
    * Is it on the right carriers?
    * Do the carriers support it?
    * Is the OS competent (by and large it's irrelevant if it's actually good just that it works).
    * Is the marketing right and does RIM have a big enough marketing pot?
    08-24-12 08:03 AM
    I see a bright future for BlackBerry

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-24-12 08:21 AM
    All things being equal, people would rather deal with companies that are honest and not abusing their positions.
    The current problem is, Google is too powerful in the search engine market and the smartphone market.
    When RIM comes out with a comparable product, I think a lot of people would consider changing.
    There is a segment of people who will support products that are not from conflict zones or made by people who are abused. This is a growing segment.
    RIM should emphasize this whilst not pointing fingers directly at anyone. Every little bit helps.
    08-24-12 09:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD