I honestly can't tell you guys when the last time I used a blackberry but I miss it. I've been TeamiPhone and am currently TeamAndroid but every time I venture into a Verizon store I find myself allured by the Blackberry 9930. While I like my new Samsung Galaxy S3, I am finding that I am needing email access more. When I look at over three fourths of the apps that I have on my phone that I don't use, I wonder why do I have an Android. One of boys dropped his iPhone 4S and went to a 9930 and loves it. Another one of my boys turned loose his RAZR MAXX and went to a Blackberry 9930. I think I may be jumping ship here soon. I have concerns tho...and forgive my ignorance too but what is the for real status on RIM and everyone speaking of them folding? Would this be a good investment for me?
    stevepar and lynxs_claw like this.
    08-22-12 12:22 AM
    RIM still has a lot of life left and even if they folded, their services wouldn't turn off instantly. You're safe
    08-22-12 12:33 AM
    RIM is not going down anytime soon. They're just struggling in the North American markets, but that's all the media focuses on.

Furthermore, they are launching BB10 early next year which you might want to check out as well.
    pinkvikchick likes this.
    08-22-12 02:33 AM
    if you go for 9900/30, do directly an update to the latest OS avalaible. Then you will not have a battery drain suprise.
    but it is a very good choice, very happy with mine. And even on my BB I have more apps than what I currently need/use...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-22-12 03:18 AM
    RIM still has a lot of life left and even if they folded, their services wouldn't turn off instantly. You're safe
    Well that makes me feel better!
    anon(73368) likes this.
    08-22-12 03:57 AM
    Get one greg, you will simply love it. Next time your in the Vz store try one out and you won't be able to put it down!
    08-22-12 07:40 AM
    Get one greg, you will simply love it. Next time your in the Vz store try one out and you won't be able to put it down!
    +1 live!!! Enjoy yourself! The 9930 is fantastic!
    08-22-12 08:02 AM
    The 9930 is an awesome device.
    08-22-12 08:08 AM
    Yea I have used androids and iphones before from people letting me play with them and like people say, there is just nothing like a BB. Like the new Bold 9900 commercial said; "I need a tool, not a toy." I love mine
    08-22-12 08:09 AM
    I hear you! I was teamiphone for about 6 months, to see what all the hype was- it's a very good zippy phone. Great camera. But every time I saw my friend with my old bold 9930, or anyone one else for that matter, I wanted to come back to bb. And the lack of a physical keyboard and lack of sound profiles and lack of a notification light. I'd say either buy a used 99x0 or wait until the 10 comes out. I bought a refurb for cheap and I am happy. Miss the great camera, but looking forward to the 10 having a great camera.
    08-22-12 08:33 AM
    Love my 9900.
    Dont need the android or apple apps. Its all trash. I need tools. If i need to play i have my xbox 360.
    Have a playbook 16gb too

08-22-12 08:56 AM
    Well, I love the motto, 'Alway connected, always on'. Which is why I love my Blackberry. It gets things done period. It is my workhorse. If I am in a meeting, I can type out an email/text/bbm without even looking down at my phone. Of course I am also addicted to the LED light....and I use the BeBuzz app so I have colour coded LED lights according to the incoming message. It all comes down to what you need.
    08-22-12 09:03 AM
    I prefered my 9900 from AT&T!
    08-22-12 09:05 AM
    Get the bold you would not be disappointed.. Its great for getting things done.. I had windows phone for 7 months (lumia 710) and over that period of time I found myself not wanting to use the thing.. Especially typing on it.. It was becoming a annoying hassle typing on the virtual keyboard.. Coming from a curve I just couldn't take it anymore so I recently got a brand new 9900 with t-mobile and I couldn't be happier.. I find myself wanting to use my phone wanting to reply back to a message... Wanting to social network again.. So I say go for it!

Blackberry by choice!
    08-23-12 10:33 AM
    I'm on the droid and on the I... I love my Bold 9900 anytime. Nothing beats having a keyboard to type on and did I mention BBM comes as a standard option instead of having to worry what's app might be charging? I need a tool and the 9900 fits the bill squarely!

08-25-12 05:21 AM
    Just out of curiosity...what do you mean by 'needing email access more"?
    08-25-12 09:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD