Is there a way to get your password sent to your email account if you forget it. A friend has and she is down to her last attempt before the data gets wiped.

Thanks but I found the correct webpage.
    Last edited by timmy t; 08-20-12 at 03:02 PM.
    08-20-12 02:30 PM
    No. Unfortunately it will get wiped of data.
    08-20-12 03:05 PM
    Are you sure the popup dialog box asked for a password? Several times my PB asked me to type the word "blackberry" as the popup warning box instructed. I did not notice that they did not want my password until my 8th try and near panic.

Once I actually noticed what the dialog box exactly said what I should type and I entered correctly, I was fine.

Check your dialog message where you think they are asked to type in the password.

In my case, I don't see that as a security feature if the warning box gives away what I need to type to get into my PB and I never used "blackberry" as a password. Strange.
    08-20-12 04:21 PM
    Are you sure the popup dialog box asked for a password? Several times my PB asked me to type the word "blackberry" as the popup warning box instructed. I did not notice that they did not want my password until my 8th try and near panic.

Once I actually noticed what the dialog box exactly said what I should type and I entered correctly, I was fine.

Check your dialog message where you think they are asked to type in the password.

In my case, I don't see that as a security feature if the warning box gives away what I need to type to get into my PB and I never used "blackberry" as a password. Strange.
    When it prompts you for the word "blackberry", it is usually after several failed attempts. This is designed to show there is an actual person typing, in order to stop pocket dialing or a youngster, for example, from wiping your device. Once you have entered the word blackberry, it will then ask for your password again.
    08-20-12 04:30 PM
    You can get the password reset - it will be sent to the email address you set up when you set it up originally, worked for me this spring. Good luck.
    08-20-12 05:10 PM
    "thanks I found the correct webpage" sounds like something other than a device password.

I do not think that if you protect the pb with a password, you can get it back from an email. It may depend on which password was needed.
    08-20-12 06:42 PM
    You can reset your BB ID Password. A reset link is sent to the address you used when you first registered. This has nothing to do with the password used to "unlock" your PB.
    08-20-12 08:58 PM
    You can reset your BB ID Password. A reset link is sent to the address you used when you first registered. This has nothing to do with the password used to "unlock" your PB.
    Off the main subject but this is a reminder that if you want to change your email address attached to your bbid, change it BEFORE you abandon an email address. There have been a few threads where folks did not change it before dropping or losing an email address.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    08-20-12 09:38 PM
    I have forgotten my Blackberry playbook id and secret question. Kindly help me how could i recover these two problems. Help me to reset my blackberry playbook.
    Thankyou....
    07-17-13 01:41 AM
    I have forgotten my Blackberry playbook id and secret question. Kindly help me how could i recover these two problems. Help me to reset my blackberry playbook.
    Thankyou....
    Go to Blackberry World in any web browser and sign in with your email address and hit the "forgot password" button. They'll send you an email to reset your password.
    07-17-13 02:01 AM
    Could someone confirm for me please if the Playbook is only wiped if the unlock password is incorrectly entered 10 times, or is it also wiped if the Blackberry ID password is incorrectly entered 10 times ? I am asking on behalf of someone who has had her PB wiped after correctly inserting the Blackberry ID password, but I am thinking it may have been in response to a request for the unlock password, even although she has never used that function.
    09-29-13 03:47 PM
    Could someone confirm for me please if the Playbook is only wiped if the unlock password is incorrectly entered 10 times, or is it also wiped if the Blackberry ID password is incorrectly entered 10 times ? I am asking on behalf of someone who has had her PB wiped after correctly inserting the Blackberry ID password, but I am thinking it may have been in response to a request for the unlock password, even although she has never used that function.
    Device unlock password only.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    dc scotland likes this.
    09-29-13 06:57 PM
    Thanks qwerty4ever, that's what I was thinking but wanted to be sure. It seems in this case that the device unlock password may have been activated without any action on the part of the user, who wasn't even aware that this function exists.
    swadarshan likes this.
    09-30-13 03:58 AM
    Thanks qwerty4ever, that's what I was thinking but wanted to be sure. It seems in this case that the device unlock password may have been activated without any action on the part of the user, who wasn't even aware that this function exists.
    I am not sure but MAYBE if the person enabled sideloading, that is enabled Developer Mode, they may have had to create a password. I think that in that case, the Password would also become an overall Device Password. But that is speculating that they did use Developer Mode.
    09-30-13 02:11 PM
    You DO need to create a password to enable development mode. As for her BB ID, I don't recall ever being prompted to enter my ID password other than during initial setup after a wipe or such. Do you need your BBID password to purchase apps in app world- it's been a while for me?
    dc scotland likes this.
    09-30-13 03:43 PM
    To the best of my knowledge, sideloading or development mode had never been used and no one else other than the owner had access to the PB. The impression given is that the device unlock password has somehow self activated, if that is at all possible.
    swadarshan and peregrineay like this.
    09-30-13 04:13 PM
    To the best of my knowledge, sideloading or development mode had never been used and no one else other than the owner had access to the PB. The impression given is that the device unlock password has somehow self activated, if that is at all possible.
    I've said it before - on occasion, COMPUTERS do what they want. So it is possible. Unlikely but possible.
    dc scotland and swadarshan like this.
    09-30-13 07:00 PM
    I know this is late to the conversation, but I wanted to post an answer for the next person (like myself) who runs into this issue.

I have two playbooks and have just begun experimenting with sideloading. When you create the password you need in Development mode, it also enables the password lock and presets the system to a 30 minute shutdown. Before you shut the system down, remember to go back to Settings / Security / Password and turn the password to the off position.

All the data that was in the playbook that got wiped is still available for me - I don't know how long ago I set that password, but I didn't remember WHAT it was so... I'll have to start from scratch on that one - but I can consider myself luckier than most.
    swadarshan and FF22 like this.
    10-08-14 09:48 PM
    Thanks F2
    Just got my passport last night without setting any password on my device. and OMG...
    when i awake it LOCKKK!!!! it require a device password, but i yet to set it for sure!
    Now i know what's happening after you replied here! Great job bro!
    You save my day~
    12-14-14 08:23 PM
    I know this is late to the conversation, but I wanted to post an answer for the next person (like myself) who runs into this issue.

I have two playbooks and have just begun experimenting with sideloading. When you create the password you need in Development mode, it also enables the password lock and presets the system to a 30 minute shutdown. Before you shut the system down, remember to go back to Settings / Security / Password and turn the password to the off position.

All the data that was in the playbook that got wiped is still available for me - I don't know how long ago I set that password, but I didn't remember WHAT it was so... I'll have to start from scratch on that one - but I can consider myself luckier than most.
    great to have an idea, what has just happened to me too! but to be honest, I also have thought of the same by myself, and i have already tried with the password I just created for the sideloader - it didn't work! I have only 1 attempt left before failure!
    not much data to lose, new device to me. will factory reset help me in this?
    and if so? will I be able to ever sideload video chat app? which should be basically there already at the first place?
    but it wasn't so...
    01-24-16 07:59 PM