Just curious to see if anyone has been buying with the release of the 4G and huge discounting of the wifi version.

I picked up my 16GB wifi version a few weeks ago for $174.99. I was obviously frustrated to see the price go down another $25 recently, but that's great news for the consumer.

Love everything about it so far and looking forward to the 2.1 upgrade soon.
    bldshd likes this.
    08-18-12 02:59 PM
    I bought four 64gb PB's a week ago and picked another two 64gb at Best Buy this morning at $269.00 each, plus the desktop charger and journal case for $50. I absolutely love this tablet, never thought I would, my laptops are collecting dust! 2.1 will only add to the whole experience.
    08-18-12 03:11 PM
    I bought four 64gb PB's a week ago and picked another two 64gb at Best Buy this morning at $269.00 each, plus the desktop charger and journal case for $50. I absolutely love this tablet, never thought I would, my laptops are collecting dust! 2.1 will only add to the whole experience.
    Glad you decided to keep your PBs. :-). I've been contemplating getting my mom and dad a 16GB PB so they can video chat with the kids. If any retailer is selling new ones for $150, I might jump on it. It is truly a great tablet and will only get better with OS 2.1 and eventually BB10.
    bldshd likes this.
    08-18-12 03:23 PM
    I payes �245 last novermber for a 16gb
    08-18-12 03:28 PM
    Glad you decided to keep your PBs. :-). I've been contemplating getting my mom and dad a 16GB PB so they can video chat with the kids. If any retailer is selling new ones for $150, I might jump on it. It is truly a great tablet and will only get better with OS 2.1 and eventually BB10.
    I just picked up a 16GB for the wife yesterday at Futureshop for $149. The sale is ongoing until Sept 6!
    08-18-12 03:37 PM
    Yaa thanks , after my hissy fit over the contacts issue I calmed down and got that sorted using Outlook.com. Totally sold on the PB's
    bldshd likes this.
    08-18-12 03:49 PM
    I bought a refurbished PB 64GB for $160.00, got a rapid charger, BB covertable case, and a BB leather journal cover $19.99 each. Since I am not on any data plans with my phones, the wifi was the way to go. Btw...my PlayBook is great!
    bldshd likes this.
    08-18-12 03:51 PM
    Bought a 64gb and a 32 gb PB in the past fortnight.
    08-18-12 03:52 PM
    I wish I had gotten today's prices on my 64g PlayBook but like some people who don't want to admit it at times I paid full retail for mine. I will also pay full retail for the 4G PlayBook just waiting to see if one comes out with more space like a 128g model.
    bitek likes this.
    08-18-12 04:53 PM
    Couldn't agree with everyone any more. I can't believe 16GB models are on sale for $150!

I'm going to go get one for my parents for video chatting and will be picking up the 4G for myself once they drop in America.

I originally bought my 16GB as a kind of trial run to see if I would even want the 4G and I can definitively say I have been nothing but blown away. My girlfriend only hates it because she can't get me off it.

I'm still customizing with apps and games, but if anyone wants a little dose of nostalgia I suggest you get the SNES emulator and a handful of your favorite ROMs. I could play Ken Griffey Jr. Presents Major League Baseball for days.
    08-18-12 05:01 PM
    I wonder if this $150 sale is RIMs way of clearing out the inventory of 16gbs as they stated in June?

16GB BlackBerry PlayBook being discontinued. Stay calm, 32GB/64GB models still available | CrackBerry.com
    08-18-12 05:28 PM
    I am still averaging about two purchases per week on eBay, and giving them to friends, coworkers, and family. I have given away over twenty since I "discovered" and purchased my first Playbook in early June (if only I would have known about the Playbook sooner).

For those of you with a Micro Center in your area (there are 22 locations in the US), the sell NEW 64GB Playbooks for $199.99 + tax...but limit you to one, and you must pick it up at a store (no mail order). Micro Center uses this method as a way to get you into their stores. They have been selling NEW 16GB IPad 3's for $459.99 for nearly two months now under this same scenario to get you into their stores.
    08-18-12 05:50 PM
    I bought an used one at 110 and got a convertible case for 15. wondering whether it is wise for 16G now since the price is going down so much and might see even lower price at black Friday. Probably it is a time for at least 32G. 64G might be the best pick now
    08-18-12 05:53 PM
    You should be able to pricematch depending on where you bought it. I bought mine at 249 then it dropped to 229 and i got the 20 bucks back
    08-18-12 05:56 PM
    Found a Micro Center in Santa Clara, CA. Making a trip down there soon.
    nextcity likes this.
    08-18-12 06:34 PM
    Found a Micro Center in Santa Clara, CA. Making a trip down there soon.
    Just remember you have to purchase online first. You can pay via the website, or when you pick items up. You must bring your email receipt they send out after the order has been filled, an ID, and the credit or debit card you made payment with.
    08-18-12 06:43 PM
    I just got my 64gb pb yesterday and I am in love! What a remarkable device. I was hesitant to buy it because some reviews were negative, but I kept coming back to wanting one. After weeks of deliberation I decided to take a chance and sure am glad I did. This is the only touchscreen that I've found that I can type on! I'm currently selling my Android and apple products on ebay lol. On Monday my 9330 bold arrives..... Can't wait

I thank members on this forum for convincing me this is the way to go.
    rtergdvasdfg likes this.
    08-18-12 06:44 PM
    Bought a WiFi 16gb refurbished from Best Buy for $129 a couple weeks back after selling my Touchpad.

So far so good!
    08-18-12 07:08 PM
    Bought a WiFi 16gb refurbished from Best Buy for $129 a couple weeks back after selling my Touchpad.

So far so good!
    My I asked about the cosmetic condition of your bestbuy refurb? I also could not find warrenty info on the bestbuy website. Is it a full year like when purchased new or just 90 days. Thanks.

Posted from Crackberry.com App for Android
    08-18-12 07:18 PM
    I bought a 16GB mint condition with leather case yesterday for $140, the same day I sold my iPod Touch 4G.. So really It didn't cost me anything extra..

Used to own a Playbook before but switched to iOS, missed the Playbook experience and switched back.. Now I'm keeping it for good..
    08-18-12 07:20 PM
    I have had a 16G playbook since January. I use it so much that I just bought a 32G for the family. My wife started using that one and now loves it so much she has claimed it as her own. Guess we will be getting another for the kids.
    08-18-12 07:52 PM
    My I asked about the cosmetic condition of your bestbuy refurb? I also could not find warrenty info on the bestbuy website. Is it a full year like when purchased new or just 90 days. Thanks.

Posted from Crackberry.com App for Android
    Cosmetic condition was good. Unfortunately, the warranty for the bestbuy refurbished is nonexistent. The tablet is subject to their return policy but otherwise is sold "as is" without any representation of warranty.

For the money, I feel I have a great tablet in great shape.
    nextcity likes this.
    08-18-12 08:31 PM
    I ordered a 64GB directly from BlackBerry and it got delivered yesterday. I can't put the thing down. I love everything about it. The Web browser is great. It runs the full versions of websites with no issues whatsoever. Setting up multiple email accounts is a breeze, and, Activesync works flawlessly on it.
    mnhockeycoach99 likes this.
    08-19-12 07:35 AM
    I bought mine for �125 at pcworld about 3 weeks ago and love it. I had seen them for �150 a couple of weeks before when looking at tablets with my sister and it was a nice surprise when i went back to get one and they had reduced it again.

i really love it and hardly look at my desktop pc now.

Helen
    08-19-12 10:02 AM
    I have a problem as I bought another 16gb PB for my mom in Switzerland who I am travelling to see on Monday. My kids and I will be able to video chat with her much more easily than using Skype. I have to stop buying them....I need help for sure. That is 7 now
    08-19-12 10:18 AM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD