So i have 2 Playbooks under 1 BB ID.
    Video chat calls won't ring, even when using the PINs (not email address) to dial.
    Any ideas? Or do I have to security wipe one and register it under another email address?

Thanks
    08-18-12 10:54 AM
    Register another address.
    08-18-12 11:02 AM
    Do you mean after a wipe? Or just in App World?
    Do I have to lose all my paid apps under my original account?
    There isnt a way for video chat to be associated with another email right? (the second Playbook is my wife's.
    I just found it strange that unique PINs wouldnt dial, even if under the same BB id
    08-18-12 12:11 PM
    you will need to BBIDs to do this. They are trying to get away from PIN spefics in some regard and tie everything to BBIDs if they can.
    08-18-12 12:18 PM
    What your doing is equivalent to picking up your landline and dialing your own # and expecting it to ring in your hand. Try calling a different bbid.
    howarmat likes this.
    08-18-12 12:31 PM
    I think someone said if you were on a different networks, you could have the same bbid and videochat but I'm not sure if this would work. You could try this.. Or if anyone that has given it a go can comment on it that would be great.
    08-18-12 01:28 PM
    What I'm worried about is how this is going to affect us once we get BB10.
    I do NOT want 2 BB ID's between my PlayBook & BB10 phone & am looking forward to using video chat on my BB10 Phone.
    08-18-12 03:13 PM
    It's the same with my apple products. I couldn't FaceTime with two units under the same Id
    08-18-12 06:50 PM
    What your doing is equivalent to picking up your landline and dialing your own # and expecting it to ring in your hand. Try calling a different bbid.
    WIth the BBID, this would be true, but it seems like PIN to PIN should be different. It's more like calling another cellphone on your plan. If I have two BBs using the same BBID, I can still BBM between them. I can PIN to PIN videochat with someone with a different BBID and they can call either of my PBs using the PIN, but using the BBID makes them both ring.

It just seems contradictory. The devices/people that you would share a BBID with are the same people that you would want to videochat with. I just hope it is a glitch they can correct and not a designed impediment.
    DC506 likes this.
    08-18-12 09:04 PM
    That is why landlines is not smart Phone and you shouldn't. Make smartphone.or tablet as landlines, that is backward
    08-18-12 10:10 PM
    I think someone said if you were on a different networks, you could have the same bbid and videochat but I'm not sure if this would work. You could try this.. Or if anyone that has given it a go can comment on it that would be great.
    So, does anybody if this is possible? Or, does anybody know of another type of work-around for this??
    08-19-12 02:10 PM
    So, does anybody if this is possible? Or, does anybody know of another type of work-around for this??
    I've tried it and couldn't get it to work but there could have been other variables causing trouble.
    08-19-12 02:28 PM
    A workaround would be reelportal website/app
    08-19-12 02:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD