This is something I'd really like while gaming: To be able to lock the use of the bezels so I won't accidentally switch or exit the app while furiously trying to blow my opponents to pieces either by plane or on the ground. Is there an option for this or could someone build an app or something?
    08-17-12 03:20 PM
    There's no supported way to do this, so no way to write an app for it either.

It's a feature that's been requested numerous times of RIM, in various forums and with different use cases (games for kids, kiosk mode, etc). I don't recall any particular response from them one way or the other yet.
    08-17-12 03:53 PM
    Someone a while ago, did a "proof of concept" app which could do it but I don't believe it went anywhere. Rim could have to create such a method or allow 3rd party apps to control the pb.
    08-17-12 03:53 PM
    It should be a basic option IMO, just like the orientation lock.
    08-17-12 04:50 PM
    How would you turn it off?
    08-17-12 04:55 PM
    4 ,3 or even 2 finger swipe or touch to unlock. Not an app feature but an OS feature
    08-17-12 06:35 PM
    Lock Bezel like orientation lock and 4 ,3 or even 2 finger swipe or touch to unlock. Not an app feature but an OS feature
    08-17-12 06:37 PM
    Lock Bezel like orientation lock and 4 ,3 or even 2 finger swipe or touch to unlock. Not an app feature but an OS feature
    You would need the bezel for that swipe as well which is locked so that may not work unless you meant it in a different way?
    08-17-12 08:06 PM
    Xsacha made a proof of concept app sometime ago.. Here it is..
    http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...oncept-725854/

I haven't really tried it so no idea how good it works.. But I think it exploits a bug in the UI system..
    Worth giving a shot I would guess..
    08-17-12 09:43 PM
    How will you get out of the App if the Bezels are locked?
    08-17-12 11:48 PM
    Listen, if rim wanted to implement a bezel lock they could and they could come up with a method of UNlocking it, including a tap of the power button, some swipes or taps or combos.
    08-18-12 01:22 AM
    easier said than done// would welcome the feature regardless..
    08-18-12 01:42 AM
    " 2. Only disables all interaction in THIRD-PARTY apps (eg. games). If you switch to third-party app, you can't do anything at all. Works even with multitasking paused! Note that it's not possible to leave a third-party app in this state.
    To toggle feature ON and OFF, press the POWER button on your Playbook ONCE. This will disable/enable the feature in third-party apps.
    Download"

First post. http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...oncept-725854/

Only the bottom, corner and side bezels need to be disable-able. How to exit an app? If bezels are disabled app-wide, devs just need to add an exit option to the menu (top bezel). But better, only have gestures disabled during specific scenarios. ie bezels disabled during gameplay & renabled during paused state etc. (You would swipe the top bezel to pause a game & reenable the side&bottom bezels)
    Last edited by nah.uhh; 08-18-12 at 02:04 AM.
    08-18-12 01:46 AM
    If the bezel is locked press the power button once and its unlocked....simple i guess...until they come up with a hard button in playbook 2..!!!!
    08-18-12 02:07 AM
    The lack of normal exit options from apps bothers me a little as well sometimes. Or is this a non-issue?
    08-18-12 02:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD