Hi!

I posted on here a while back regarding which Blackberry had the best 'call quality'. No one had left any replies, so I'm still wondering which Blackberry to get? Right now, there's a good deal on the 'new' Curve 9360, but without any feedback from the forum community, it's going to be hard for me to select a model. I'd really appreciate it if anyone can reply that has had any dealings with the Curve 9360 call-wise, or any of the other models, especially if that person lives in British Columbia, Canada, as that is where I live. I'm also with Virgin Mobile Canada right now, if that makes any difference on the quality of the calls. Also, if anyone with 'older' hand sets, like the Pearl 8100 or Curve 8320/30 could comment, that would be great! At this point, sacrificing new additions to a 'new' phone as compared to great call quality, is my main concern. Thanks all!
    08-17-12 09:38 AM
    i purchased the 9360 for my wife for a gift call quality was good on it....her only issues she had on it was the battery life on that phone was not very good (she talks on it more then text <<bbm,,etc)....also no autofocus on camera.....we ended up returning it and purchasing a 9790.....very happy with it....call quality is great on it and the battery life is much better......we use bell as a carrier and i see u use virgin ,,,,they are both the same as bell owns virgin they both use hspa .....the best thing i can recomend is to try it yourself and see.....with bell and i believe virgin you can return the phone up to fifteen days and switch if youre not happy as long as you dodnt go over so many minutes or data.............good luck
    sashag likes this.
    08-17-12 10:38 AM
    Thanks for the reply carullo! I've read quite a few 'reviews' on both the curve 9360 and bold 9790, and from what I've read, the bold 9790 does have better call quality. I'm pleased that the curve 9360 isn't too bad either, as I can get one through Virgin on the 'tab' for about $150. Since I don't do that much talking on my current cell, except to talk to my wife during my work breaks, and don't do any texting at all, the curve 9360 would be the way to go. Also, I don't fell like forking over over $400 for the bold, plus a three year contract and at least $50+ in monthly charges to use the phone. If the bold was way cheaper, it would have been the phone to go with, but as it is, the curve might do the rick. If I get the curve, I'll let you and everyone else know the call quality. Thanks again!

i purchased the 9360 for my wife for a gift call quality was good on it....her only issues she had on it was the battery life on that phone was not very good (she talks on it more then text <<bbm,,etc)....also no autofocus on camera.....we ended up returning it and purchasing a 9790.....very happy with it....call quality is great on it and the battery life is much better......we use bell as a carrier and i see u use virgin ,,,,they are both the same as bell owns virgin they both use hspa .....the best thing i can recomend is to try it yourself and see.....with bell and i believe virgin you can return the phone up to fifteen days and switch if youre not happy as long as you dodnt go over so many minutes or data.............good luck
    carullo likes this.
    08-17-12 10:58 AM
    From my personal experience, the Earpiece on the 9360 isn't as good as the ones on my older iPhone 3GS.
    08-18-12 02:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD