I recently started using my google calendar as my default rather than my outlook one. Now when I look at my calendar I have each appointment showing twice, once as the google appointment and a second time as the default calendar. This didn't happen when outlook was my default calendar.

I know I can select which calendar to view but it keeps reverting to showing all and therefore everything twice.

Can anyone help please?
    08-17-12 07:40 AM
    If you using Google sync, delete it. Under Options for your Calendar -> Calendar Display and Actions -> then scroll down and make Gmail your default calendar.
    08-17-12 08:15 AM
    I'm syncing via BIS and gmail is my default...
    Is there something more or different I should do?
    08-18-12 02:42 AM
    I recently posted something similar here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...havior-740424/

Can someone please post either here or on that thread?
    08-18-12 09:20 AM
    I'm syncing via BIS and gmail is my default...
    Is there something more or different I should do?
    Literally every meeting is duplicated twice?
    08-18-12 09:33 AM
    Don't sync your calendar with DM. I had this very same problem when I was syncing with DM. I hope this helps.
    08-18-12 09:34 AM
    Had the same problem. This is what I did and all is well...

1. Temporarily log out of Google calendar sync.
    2. Back up your phone using Desktop Manager (DM)
    3. Take a deep breath and delete ALL calendar entries using DM
    4. This is the most time consuming step...go to Google Calendar on your Desktop and delete all duplicate entries.
    5. On BB, log back into Google Calendar Sync
    6. Sync Calendar and all will be well

Unfortunately, EVERY TIME I update my OS, I am asked to log back in using Google Calendar Sync. So, each time, I delete all calendar entries on my BB and THEN log back in. No duplicates since I started do this. 2-way sync works perfect.

FYI: I never sync BB calendar directly with outlook or DM
    Last edited by rpritch; 08-18-12 at 05:45 PM. Reason: additional info
    Phantomlynx likes this.
    08-18-12 05:44 PM
    There is a way of deleting all of your calendar entries directly on your BB. I believe you type in ALT- RST.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    rpritch and techytamin like this.
    08-19-12 12:41 AM
    To delete all calendar entries on the blackberry, just go to calendar options and type wipe.
    tryfe, Phantomlynx and rpritch like this.
    08-19-12 01:20 AM
    I have deleted the duplicates but I have a single entry but one in my google diary, then the same one showing in my outlook diary, then again in the default one! The google IS the default but BB is showing the tow calendars. Obviously I just want one showing but it keeps defaulting to displaying all calendars. I can't delete the google Cical file, there isn't a default one... Nor can I find a bbm group file....

My question is about the display, rather than duplicates per se (I laboriously got rid of those!)
    08-19-12 05:42 AM
    To delete all calendar entries on the blackberry, just go to calendar options and type wipe.

Something I didn't know; thanks!

sent on my #osbb 9930 via tapatalk
    techytamin and Phantomlynx like this.
    08-19-12 06:19 AM
    In the end, I screwed up my courage and deleted all my calendars via DM (having backed up and turned off google calendar sync via email setup) and then turned sync back on and and the display now works ok, but I don't have my historic appointments prior to installing sync on BB, though they are there on Google.

Is there any way to get my old appointments back?

Still this approach resolved my issue
    08-20-12 07:34 AM
    There is a setting from what I recall that asks how much of the past you want to sync. I think its only upto 4 week though without checking... It will be under google sync settings.

Otherwise I don't know of any way to get old calendar data back into the BB
    08-20-12 11:46 AM
    I recall this in DTM, but I can't see it as a gmail sync option... does anyone else know?
    08-21-12 03:53 AM
    I recall this in DTM, but I can't see it as a gmail sync option... does anyone else know?
    Just had a check on mine.

Open google sync -> options - all the way to the bottom and you will find;

Sync events for next 'n' weeks
    Keep past events for previous 'n' weeks.

What I don't recall is if that will sync the past 4 weeks of old events, or 'something' else.

Hope that helps & if nothing rules that option out.
    08-21-12 12:56 PM
    Do you mean Google Calendar Sync (v 0.9.4.1)? The one in the system tray on the PC?
    Here There only seem to be 3 choices, 2 way, 1 way to Outlook, and 1 way from Outlook. Am I missing something or are we talking about different things?
    Last edited by Phantomlynx; 08-22-12 at 03:51 AM.
    08-22-12 02:57 AM
    Think your looking at something different.

I use the google sync app on the phone here

That's what I'm talking about - Never even tried to do anything with desktop manager. I don't have outlook installed on any of my PC's and DM won't play nice with anything I've found so far so I just ignore/don't use any of the sync settings/features in DM.

If/when google stop supporting the sync app I'll be stuck with no way to use my google calendar *without* signing up my full gmail account (Which I *never* want to do on *any* phone at *any* time)
    08-22-12 02:07 PM
    It seems we are using different methods and both seem to work.
    I'm using the sync via BIS & the options on my gmail account on that.
    I'm currently syncing 2 PC's, a BB and an iPad
    Thx for you help
    08-22-12 03:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD