I have a Verizon 9930 and it just started not dialing a phone number from the home screen. The keyboard works on everything else. If I go into the phone icon I can dial with no problems. I have done a security wipe and loaded the lastest OS from Verizon so it doesn't appear to be a software issue. It has never been dropped or exposed to moisture, so none of those would be a problem. I can text and use BBM with no problems so it doesn't seem to be a keyboard problem. Has anyone else run into this problem on this phone?
    Last edited by jdhuttojr; 08-16-12 at 07:51 AM. Reason: spelling error
    08-16-12 07:50 AM
    If I'm not mistaken you might have the universal search feature turned off, check that out.
    08-16-12 08:20 AM
    I have a Verizon 9930 and it just started not dialing a phone number from the home screen. The keyboard works on everything else. If I go into the phone icon I can dial with no problems. I have done a security wipe and loaded the lastest OS from Verizon so it doesn't appear to be a software issue. It has never been dropped or exposed to moisture, so none of those would be a problem. I can text and use BBM with no problems so it doesn't seem to be a keyboard problem. Has anyone else run into this problem on this phone?
    Are you talking about keyboard shortcuts? Are you trying to use speed dial? I hold my "D" key and it dials my dad or "K" for kathy. Is this what ur talking about?
    08-16-12 08:21 AM
    No all the speed dials work. It is when I go to dial a number not stored in my contacts. With all my other BB including this one up to yesterday, I could just start dialing a phone number from the keyboard.

@Sharma0702, I have not checked that but I will and see what happens.
    08-16-12 08:31 AM
    No all the speed dials work. It is when I go to dial a number not stored in my contacts. With all my other BB including this one up to yesterday, I could just start dialing a phone number from the keyboard.

@Sharma0702, I have not checked that but I will and see what happens.
    I think keyboard shortcuts is what your talking about. Dialing a number from homescreen is really important to me. Saves alot of time
    08-16-12 08:34 AM
    Turn off keyboard shortcuts:

Homescreen>bb button>options>change top bar from app shortcuts to universal search
    jdhuttojr likes this.
    08-16-12 08:44 AM
    Thanks! That worked. I can usually figure these things out but I was stumped on this on.
    08-16-12 10:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD