This is a longer post, so thanks in advance for reading the whole thing.

I've been reading threads all day, and I can't find answers to why I can't download the better navigation systems that people seem to be posting about (for example, Navtel got some good reviews). After multiple searches on crackberry and google, using various terms, it just seems that my App World options are limited with this bold 9930 I purchased. I could be wrong. I hope that I might get some answers from this series of questions.

Why doesn't my App World show me a program that has all of the following in one app?
    1. Turn-by-turn VOICE navigation
    2. maps with gps showing me where I am
    3. A price under $15.00

Does app world adjust its offerings based on user's blackberry id? (I noticed that once I logged in, Navtel was not available in search results. I was only able to find $30 and $50 apps that received mixed reviews.) If this is true, is there a way around this? And, if there is a way around this, do I run the risk of downloading and installing an app that may not function on my carrier's network? I'm with "Credo Mobile." Call center employees claim that the company is on the Sprint network.

I know I can switch back and forth between Maps and Traffic, but, well, it seems kind of annoying. When I upgraded to the Bold 9930 from a curve 8800, I was really looking forward to a upgrading to a navigation app similar to the one on my spouse's android. I'm a little disappointed, but having more information would help.

Thanks again. I have benefited from reading many of the discussions on crackberry over the past two years.
    08-15-12 02:52 PM
    Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....

It's a secret

Free BlackBerry Traffic - Download BlackBerry Traffic - Free Apps from BlackBerry App World

The other should be included natively. BB Maps
    shemaree09 likes this.
    08-15-12 03:25 PM
    I use Telenav, but I think its only for Verizon customers.

BB Traffic should be what you're looking for.
    08-16-12 02:07 PM
    I have BB Traffic, and I have BB Maps. As, I mentioned, I'm looking for one app that combines those features. So, from the replies I received, I guess I'm outta luck.
    08-17-12 08:19 AM
    Unfortunately Traffic currently doesn't offer a map view. Something I've been requesting they change since first beta testing it. Hopefully they'll add that in the future.
    08-17-12 08:24 AM
    Telenav also works for sprint

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    08-17-12 12:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD