I Have had this phone for a week, I've switched 3G off and deleted social feeds, battery saver is set to 'always on' and it still only lasts 10 hours. I use the phone for about 2 hours a day.

Anyone having similar issues? And is there any way to rectify the issue regarding battery life on the 9320? I'd of thought that the 1450 mAh would've been enough

Thanks
    08-15-12 02:09 PM
    hey man in short, what software did you phone come with? hold alt+shift+H

Post the 3rd line, App Version: 7.1.0.###

For instance I am running .569 for one day and here is my log till from 6 am about 6 pm today, light usage with maybe 1 email an hour about 7 sms and bbm group was doing something [?] got to 87%.

Check the Official OS stickies for a step by step guide, I am about to bump the .569 OS thread, its the newest.
    08-15-12 07:25 PM
    Try to update to the latest OS. Poor signal reception could also contribute to the poor battery life. Set the backlight to 10%. I used to have the same problem as you, but mostly it's the poor reception that cause battery drain for me.
    08-15-12 07:27 PM
    My 9320 is giving poor battery life as well. Typically with my usage, even on 9360, 9900, they can last at least 2 days before needing a charge. Most of the time it will be left with 20-30%.

On my 9320, I would expect it to be much better. But from 9am to 9pm, 12 hours. The battery went from fully charged, to 20%.

my trackpad was giving me issues with random auto scrolling up occasionally. I took it off the charger at 100%, played with it with no sim card in it. About 15 mins of just scrolling around, the battery dropped 15%. After a battery pull. It went back up to 90%. Which still is high drain rate while basically just powering the display. Even my 9900 had better drain rate on idle plus with 3G radio on.

I'm certain that its not signal issue as the radio was off, plus my home always have good coverage.

So, I'm on my way down to send it in to the repair centre.

Sent from my RIMpire BlackBerry using the force
    08-15-12 09:16 PM
    hey man in short, what software did you phone come with? hold alt+shift+H

Post the 3rd line, App Version: 7.1.0.###

For instance I am running .569 for one day and here is my log till from 6 am about 6 pm today, light usage with maybe 1 email an hour about 7 sms and bbm group was doing something [?] got to 87%.

Check the Official OS stickies for a step by step guide, I am about to bump the .569 OS thread, its the newest.
    Hey, I'm running 7.1.0.398 (1319) . I've already tried to see if there's an upgrade but there isn't! My MacBook is rubbish with the blackberry desktop software :/

Can you help? Thanks
    08-21-12 01:25 PM
    Try to update to the latest OS. Poor signal reception could also contribute to the poor battery life. Set the backlight to 10%. I used to have the same problem as you, but mostly it's the poor reception that cause battery drain for me.

The exception is always fine in my area! Always full bars, or almost at least! And I've tried but as I say my MacBook is terrible wish the desktop manager and it always says that there is no upgrade available :/
    08-21-12 01:27 PM
    My 9320 is giving poor battery life as well. Typically with my usage, even on 9360, 9900, they can last at least 2 days before needing a charge. Most of the time it will be left with 20-30%.

On my 9320, I would expect it to be much better. But from 9am to 9pm, 12 hours. The battery went from fully charged, to 20%.

my trackpad was giving me issues with random auto scrolling up occasionally. I took it off the charger at 100%, played with it with no sim card in it. About 15 mins of just scrolling around, the battery dropped 15%. After a battery pull. It went back up to 90%. Which still is high drain rate while basically just powering the display. Even my 9900 had better drain rate on idle plus with 3G radio on.

I'm certain that its not signal issue as the radio was off, plus my home always have good coverage.

So, I'm on my way down to send it in to the repair centre.

Sent from my RIMpire BlackBerry using the force

Try this: enable automatically dim the backlight. It helped significantly on mine...
    09-01-12 07:05 AM
    That's broken for sure especially the trackpad you have to replace with a new one, cause I have experienced the same problem with my 9300 device before I sold it out to a store.

But 9320 is much better since I'm still using it without any problem. The signal, battery, trackpad, all good with the smoothness of OS 7 while the battery last for a day.

Remember not to use trackpad while your finger is wet.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using my fingers
    09-01-12 07:44 AM
    That's not the usual battery life you should get from the 9320. Activate the battery monitor and see what module is taking the most CPU.
    09-01-12 08:59 AM
    Try this: enable automatically dim the backlight. It helped significantly on mine...

Thank for the tip man, but I did enable it. My brightness settings are always at 10% And timeout at 20 seconds no matter what device I use. I even my 9900 is able to last longer than the 9320, so I'm not sure what's wrong. Anyway, I've gotten it back from repairs already and everything seems fine now. Battery life seems better as well. Anyway, I'm now on another BlackBerry anyway.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    09-01-12 01:13 PM
    I think most likely you have a ton of apps running in the background and hence the battery gets sucked hard.
    09-01-12 01:59 PM
    Most of the tips are already posted here, but I want to share you guys my experience to my 9320 when i put the battery to a test.

I am a heavy user (text and Email) and a music lover. So what I did is play music using bluetooth headset. Update / chat on my FB, Post / read Twitter updates, Chat on YM, emails (3 email accounts pushed to my berry) reply / forwarding emails, sending SMS, a few calls that last 3 - 5 minutes and internet browsing (using opera mini) with multiple tabs.

As a result, my battery reached 5.15 hours before it turned the radio off. And another 20minutes before my berry commpletely drain the battery and turn off by itself.

I forgot to mention that my bluetooth headset last only 3 hours then I use earphones.

My average use of my BB without playing music but the bove mentioned apps are running took 12 hours with 15% battery remaining.

Just to give you an idea
    09-03-12 06:04 AM
    Similar to you I use my BlackBerry for music usually deezer streaming. I never make it through the day without having to plug in.
    09-25-12 06:34 PM
    @denise648 would that prove that 9320 had the best battery life to date? Mine lasts only 8hrs. No music, just call text and surf. Thought that this should be better..
    09-25-12 07:45 PM
    I think the battery life depends on the usage pattern. Mine does last usually two days. Connected to exchange and gmail, and 5-10 calls per day plus usual BBM.

For me it is the perfect work phone. Battery was the main reason not buying a 9900.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapatalk
    09-30-12 12:08 PM
    Install a hybrid os (berrilicious hybrid rc7A1) and watch your battery life last 16 hours with mild usage 3G opera mini bbm etc!
    10-01-12 11:13 PM
    Do you think the carphone warehouse would fix mine? Since I posted this the phone is always overheating and it now lasts 5 hours
    10-12-12 11:55 AM
    this phone has the worst battery life of any phone i have ever owned. My old iPhone 3GS lasts 5 times longer while listening to music and browsing the internet than this 9320 does literally sitting on the table doing nothing.

I have tried a few different OS bundles (right now im on .523) and the battery life always sucks. This is my first blackberry and im wondering what normal battery life is supposed to be on these things, i can get almost 2 days of standby time (and i mean standby, maybe answering a few text messages and no calls). Their advertised up to 18 days standby time is the biggest lie i have ever seen. I removed bbm/social feeds from the phone, and have no apps running and 2 days standby is absolute max I can get.
    10-20-12 10:23 AM
    Mine has auto turn-off at 00:00 and auto turn-on at 06:00. Facebook notifications always on, push e-mail on, and lasts 4 to 5 days.
    10-20-12 02:09 PM
    ???

how long can this phone then?
    10-30-12 05:26 PM
    I consider myself to be a light to medium user and have bluetooth and wifi on constantly with 3G network connection and I generally get 2 days between charges which isn't bad by modern smartphone standards.

Anything under 1 day with this phone and you must be a really heavy user or there is a problem with the battery / software.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapatalk
    10-30-12 06:37 PM
    ok, thanks
    10-30-12 07:45 PM
    The standard battery life for this phone is about 2 days between charges. Either you live or use it in a poor signal area or you have several apps running on the background.
    10-30-12 10:19 PM
    Carrier: Vodafone Romania
    I use only a few app(twitter, gmail, BBM) and max. five calls/day and I must to charge every day.
    I keep turn off almoust all day 3G and I use only GPRS.
    Same problems,
    11-04-12 01:11 AM
    WhatsApp usually kills my battery and the facebook-chat. also, phonecalls and listening to music make a great difference in battery-life.
    btw: i have a bold 9900 and additionally a 9320 just for the days when i know i might not be able to charge my phone. in general, that f*$%er does a decent job.
    11-16-12 07:46 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD