So after updatin to the new os beta..i haven't noticed a much big difference ..maybe it's just the android player's improved..
    so guys wanna ask u this :
    What's New In The New Beta Update 2.1.0.840 ?
    08-15-12 07:58 AM
    Was thinking there were no significant changes with .840 until i realized that I no longer have WiFi connection. Did the usual, reset router, etc. You can depend on RIM to screw things up.
    08-15-12 09:22 AM
    I actually found my wifi connection to be A LOT better since doing the update yesterday.
    Superfly_FR, daverley and IqWaN like this.
    08-15-12 09:30 AM
    As far as any difference, I have no clue, i just use it hahaha. Nothing is broken as of yet lol All my apps and games work perfectly and my browser seems to be perfectly fine
    dave1701 and IqWaN like this.
    08-15-12 09:31 AM
    Messages app is definitely speedier. Only thing I've really noticed.
    HectorBusyBee likes this.
    08-15-12 09:41 AM
    I've noticed my bridge network connection is not working consistently.
    08-15-12 09:54 AM
    I noticed some transition changes in the video and pictures app. But I believe I read that this was nothing new in terms of features just a focus on bugs. For features we will have to wait for the Gold release.
    08-15-12 11:05 AM
    Ok this is my short update with the new Beta 2.1.0.840, they have improved the overall speed of the Os it seems a lot snappier and the battery standby issues have been fixed (horrible power drainage from the previous small update) also i use a bluetooth headset and the Blackberry bluetooth keyboard and they work perfectly if this is a clue to the final release of 2.1 i can see nothing but good things
    08-15-12 12:59 PM
    Kobo has been fixed. Under previous beta the app would not display images in books, now it does.
    08-15-12 01:25 PM
    Also seeing great improvements overall. Had some odd password requests from gmail but hard reset took care of it.
    Error wifi messages within message app are gone (while connected)
    Message app is more responsive and quick to load messages.
    Keyboard responsiveness also improved.
    Kobo showing images and changing font size is operational again.
    BlackBerry bridge is MUCH faster and even tethering validation process seems quicker.

Agree that overall experience seems to be moving in right direction
    08-15-12 02:30 PM
    Might be helpful if we can also share what version you came from when you upped to 2.1.0.840?

YMMV if you upgraded to 840 when you came from 2.1.0.560 as opposed to 2.0.1.688 as opposed to 2.0.0.xxxx, etc.

Im currently 2.1.0.560 and it appears from various threads there may be no material or significant improvement for me to upgrade but there may be lots of downsides that come with new beta bugs.
    08-15-12 02:40 PM
    The 2.1 is so much better.. In a way it feels like a transition from OS1 to OS2 with regards to 2.0 to 2.1..

What's great is that every update gives so much power and that 'boost' to the OS.. Getting snappier.. too good.. Love the OS..
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    08-16-12 12:47 AM
    yep, i have found with the latest beta, that internet browsing is faster, bridge anmd native apps are much snappier along with less lag while typing... brilliant update

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    08-16-12 03:27 AM
    thank u guys for sharing such an experience ..

but i hoped that we get more language support..usb support..a native twitter app,msn yahoo, like we do on every BB device...

maybe we have to wait for the BB10
    08-16-12 06:34 AM
    This is a beta... that kind of stuff will most likely come in the final version of OS2.1 OR will be available for download in the Appworld!!

Language support and USB support, might be OS related, but this is just a DEV BETA
    08-16-12 06:56 AM
    Not sure if this is new to 2.1.0.840 but anyone know what the "Enable Domain Checking" in Message settings > Email Preferences is?
    trinipoco likes this.
    08-16-12 02:20 PM
    I had a problem with the flash player with. 566 but all good now with .840. Everything working amazing well (and seems faster too).
    08-16-12 05:17 PM
    Don't know why, but my app world session is acting weird since the update.
    After authentication Angry Birds Space won't update, I've got an error saying my payment didn't proceed (WTF, I bought the game when it came out!)

Anyways, I will try later, maybe it was a time of server cleanup or something
    Todor Ninov likes this.
    08-16-12 06:33 PM
    I've only had it installed for about 40mins so I don't have much to report yet. Lol but I'm going to be keeping a close eye like everyone else and report back.
    The only minor hiccup I had was appworld locked up for a minute when I first opened it up but didn't crash and worked fine after and it hasn't happened since.
    08-16-12 06:45 PM
    A few more to add:

1. Keyboard is faster
    2. The wifi connection problem in native email app seems to be gone.
    3. Orientation switch happens faster
    4. Free memory seems to be less
    08-16-12 08:38 PM
    Google maps 6.03 locks in 5 secs or less. Noticed this on my wife's running the new non-beta also.

I do think the beta is faster to lock. This is indoors too and I remember when I first got it and tried to show someone we had to go outside and it still took 5 minutes.
    08-18-12 11:32 AM
    1. Faster Browser
    2. Android Apps launch quicker
    3. Kobo Books font selector slider works
    4. Newest social message (Facebook/Twitter) is highlighted
    5. "Up" Arrow on bottom dock is gone when dock is opened
    6. Runtimes updated
    7. Flash player updated
    8. App World runs smoother
    9. AIR Apps run smoother
    10. Bug Report app preloaded, 2 AT&T shortcuts preloaded
    11. "Getting Started" in Help application does not work
    12. GPS does lock on faster, although it will sometimes tell you a random location then properly lock on to your real location
    13. Social Network messages load up a LOT faster

UPDATED
    14. Battery life is significantly improved
    15. BlackBerry Bridge connects faster, instantly connects if PlayBook reboots

So far that's all I've found
    Last edited by goku_vegeta; 08-20-12 at 12:55 PM. Reason: update
    08-18-12 12:01 PM
    My positive experiences are as above, and include all sideloaded apps continuing to work fine, and I've also sideloaded updated apps without a problem. One possible bug relates to Exchange/ActiveSynch Contacts. While Email, Contacts, and Calendar all worked fine after re-entering the connection settings, the Contacts detail keeps disappearing from the right-hand screen. Even after re-loading, the detail initially appears, but once closed and re-opened, the detail no longer appears. However, when using the Edit key, detail is present, so it appears to just be a display problem.

I also experienced an odd charging incident with PB charger - the PB was off and screen was black. But when plugged in, the screen began glowing at about 50% brightness, with horizontal lines - much brighter than previously seen on 2.0. It did charge, but when started, the screen appeared to have been "burned". It did diminish over time.
    08-18-12 12:15 PM
    I like to use an OS for a few days before making any performance improvement conclusions.

Well, it's been a few days now and I can state that in my case there has been a major improvement when it comes to navigating and deleting bridged email. I use to wait up to 4 seconds for an action (such as deleting an email) to happen. It was inconsistent and often I would put down the playbook and grab my phone to accomplish the job. Now it is consistently quick and due to the larger screen, the playbook is my go to device for dealing with bridged email.

I know not everyone is happy with the playbook, but I find it a pretty cool place to be where I am already happy with the tablet and yet still looking forward to what the future will bring.
    08-18-12 12:38 PM
    Had no problems with wifi, mail,bridge, Internet, all ok, only thing I noticed is when I press UPDATE, can't connect please try again later is all I got today and yesterday
    08-18-12 01:05 PM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD