So i should be getting a PlayBook here shortly. I am looking at getting a used 16GB with a case or a brand new 16GB at Office Depot for 179.99. Dont really know which one to go for. Any ideas? My wife wants me to get brand new one.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 on Verizon Wireless.
    BlackBerry By Choice!
    08-15-12 05:31 AM
    That's a hard one. I vote go for the new one.
    rexrim likes this.
    08-15-12 05:36 AM
    I bought several used mobiles and computers over the years and had nothing but good experiences and great prizes. Of course i only do business in hand to check the equipment.
    New is always new and nothing beats the feeling of unpacking
    08-15-12 07:06 AM
    Spend the few extra dollars and get the new one. The warranty is worth the extra cost.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-15-12 07:18 AM
    If you have the money it always makes sense to buy new.
    08-15-12 07:39 AM
    I would suggest going with the new PlayBook, as stated before the warranty is worth the couple of extra dollars. ENJOY
    08-15-12 07:52 AM
    Haha. Get the 32 GB.
    08-15-12 08:11 AM
    Buy new and get the 32 for sure.
    08-15-12 08:23 AM
    Thanks for the input. I am leaning towards the new one. I am trying to stay around 200$ otherwise id get the 32GB i tend to keep my devices light on space. I usually do not come close to filling up a 32GB device. But i have never owned a playbook. The thought had crossed my mind about a droid tablet or a ipad but they are to expensive and I am a BlackBerry User and Abuser.

BlackBerry By Choice!
    08-15-12 08:33 AM
    New is always better and comes with a warranty backed by RIM.
    08-15-12 08:48 AM
    Unless you store a lot of media the 16 should be fine. I have a few hundred songs and a couple movies with 6 GB remaining on my 16GB.

FYI- A 16GB will net 14.7 GB of usable space.
    08-15-12 08:51 AM
    So i should be getting a PlayBook here shortly. I am looking at getting a used 16GB with a case or a brand new 16GB at Office Depot for 179.99. Dont really know which one to go for. Any ideas? My wife wants me to get brand new one.

BlackBerry By Choice!
    you can buy an used one and make your wife unhappy. or paid a bit more and make your wife happy. decision is so obvious
    08-15-12 08:55 AM
    Thanks for the input. I am leaning towards the new one. I am trying to stay around 200$ otherwise id get the 32GB i tend to keep my devices light on space. I usually do not come close to filling up a 32GB device. But i have never owned a playbook. The thought had crossed my mind about a droid tablet or a ipad but they are to expensive and I am a BlackBerry User and Abuser.

BlackBerry By Choice!
    Sure you cant go for the 32gb? i didnt think i could have filled mine, but i did... i will be looking for a bigger capacity one VERY soon.

sorry, i'm straying from your question... i say, the new one.. definitely. Opening that box and taking off the plastic and booting it up knowing you're the first one to do so... mmm, no better feeling (well techie-wise anyway)
    Carl Estes and goaliegirl33 like this.
    08-15-12 09:08 AM
    I vote new. Right now a new one isn't that much more. I have bought refurbished electronics before and have had mixed luck with them. Even when they work well I always wonder if the previous owner got rid of them because there was something wrong with the device or if they just got tired of it.

And the smell of brand new is always way better.

When I bought my 32 back a month after release day the salesman tried to talk me into the 64. I declined because at the time, I really couldn't even afford the 32 and I thought I'd never fill it. Cut to a few months later when my 32 is almost totally full of movies and tv shows I take on the road with me to hockey tournaments. Wish I had let him talk me into the 64 now.

Didn't realize how much I would use the plug into the tv and use it as a movie player feature. It's very nice to take to hotels where the channel selection is crap.
    08-15-12 11:13 AM
    If you are lucky enough to have a Micro Center store where you live (they have 22 locations in the US), they currently have NEW 64 gb for 199.99, but for store pick up only.
    08-15-12 11:27 AM
    Thats alright that you strayed. I am going to get a new 16Gb on sunday.

Thanks everyone

also where do you play hockey?
    I used to play up in Michigan but i moved to nc and havnt played since.

BlackBerry By Choice!
    08-15-12 11:34 AM
    I would suggest a 32gb or higher. You think you can't fill it up, but with new apps and games, music, videos, it can fill up fast.

Also - Go NEW!
    08-15-12 01:26 PM
    Well last thursday i had ordered a 16GB because sale was ending saturday. then sunday the price dropped more fml. i didnt want to go over 200$ and now 32GB is 199.
    I set up my 16Gb last night. Brought it with me to work today and couldnt be happier.
    I know everyone says go bigger. I tend to use very little apps.

Later down the road i may get a 32GB for my wife. I am thrilled with my PB and need to get a case now lol.

I appreciate all of the feedback.

BlackBerry By Choice!
    08-21-12 10:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD