Hi guys,

I bought a Rogers Blackberry 9900 off of craigslist a couple months ago that was pretty close to being brand new and am now using it with another carrier. And if what I have been told is true, there should still be some time left on the 1 year warranty. Anyways, now I'm hoping to use the warranty because there's a bunch of dust under my screen and it's getting worse and worse so I'm pretty sure the screen is defective.

Question 1: Can I still use the manufacturer's warranty if I'm not with Rogers? If so how?

(Note: I have a friend who is a rogers customer who is willing to call and say its his phone and do a swap if they let him. I dont know if that helps )

Question 2: Is there a way to check if I still have warranty left?

Thanks for your help guys, I'm really stuck here and your advice means a lot!!
    08-13-12 10:26 AM
    http://www.blackberry.com/legal/warr...andheld.shtml]

one (1) year from the date that the new BlackBerry Handheld was first purchased by YOU as an original end-user ("YOU") and (ii) the period ending upon YOUR breach of the BlackBerry End-User/Software License Agreement (the "License Agreement") entered into between YOU and Research In Motion Limited and/OR its affiliated group of companies' ("RIM") in connection with the BlackBerry Solution (the "Warranty Period"). This Limited Warranty is not transferable.
    08-13-12 10:52 AM
    Hi guys,

I bought a Rogers Blackberry 9900 off of craigslist a couple months ago that was pretty close to being brand new and am now using it with another carrier. And if what I have been told is true, there should still be some time left on the 1 year warranty. Anyways, now I'm hoping to use the warranty because there's a bunch of dust under my screen and it's getting worse and worse so I'm pretty sure the screen is defective.

Question 1: Can I still use the manufacturer's warranty if I'm not with Rogers? If so how?

(Note: I have a friend who is a rogers customer who is willing to call and say its his phone and do a swap if they let him. I dont know if that helps )

Question 2: Is there a way to check if I still have warranty left?

Thanks for your help guys, I'm really stuck here and your advice means a lot!!
    Nope but if there is dust under the screen I'm sure u can find a tut to take the phone apart an clean it if not go to cnn.cn an order a new screen if u need to an replace the one if u up an break it or something but the warn is for him not u dude so.

They may be able to fix it but u will have to pay a fee

BlackBerry 9900 - Tapatalk
    08-13-12 11:01 AM
    warranty is with the original buyer. its non transferable

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    08-13-12 11:06 AM
    http://www.blackberry.com/legal/warr...andheld.shtml]

one (1) year from the date that the new BlackBerry Handheld was first purchased by YOU as an original end-user ("YOU") and (ii) the period ending upon YOUR breach of the BlackBerry End-User/Software License Agreement (the "License Agreement") entered into between YOU and Research In Motion Limited and/OR its affiliated group of companies' ("RIM") in connection with the BlackBerry Solution (the "Warranty Period"). This Limited Warranty is not transferable.
    Is that the Canadian warranty terms? I get a file not found error when I click on the link.

In Canada, the warranty is with the device and starts from date of purchase. The Rogers site has a page where you can put in the imei and it will tell you the warranty status. You need to be a Rogers customer for them to deal with it though.
    08-13-12 12:36 PM
    I just checked it on the rogers site and it says it's still under warranty!!!! Do you guys think if I give it to my friend whos a rogers customer he can call it in and get it swapped?

THANKS SO MUCH robsteve FOR SHOWING ME THAT!!
    08-13-12 01:45 PM
    It doesn't hurt to try. If you don't ask you don't know. You may be helped!
    08-13-12 01:51 PM
    Just for future reference, here's the link to check the warranty of your Rogers Blackberry:

http://www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.por...OfWarranty_1_1
    08-13-12 01:53 PM
    I just checked it on the rogers site and it says it's still under warranty!!!! Do you guys think if I give it to my friend whos a rogers customer he can call it in and get it swapped?

THANKS SO MUCH robsteve FOR SHOWING ME THAT!!
    They will send it in for repair, which takes about a week. In the past I have just taken my phones to Rogers plus stores and they dealt with it. On a 9900 that had dead pixels, they replaced the screen, plus keyboard and back case. The only things that were not replaced was the main board, battery cover and stainless ring around the phone. It came back looking new. This was a Rogers phone I bought used off Crackberry. It had gone to an At&T customer and was then sold back to me after it was four or five months old.
    08-13-12 02:19 PM
    Robsteve, is there anything specific I should say/shouldn't say to make sure they honour the warranty?
    08-13-12 02:35 PM
    Robsteve, is there anything specific I should say/shouldn't say to make sure they honour the warranty?
    I don't know. It is RIM providing the warranty service, but if you are not a contracted BlackBerry customer I suppose Rogers may refuse, but they are not supposed to. If they do refuse, it will take a long and convoluted call to RIM until you get to a person that will tell you to take it to Rogers. There was a thread on that.

In my case, I am a long time contracted customer with Rogers and it was the phone I was using on the contract. Your results may vary if you are pay as you go customer or new customer.
    08-13-12 08:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD