Okay, so I have some photos that I have taken on my Blackberry Bold, I connected it to my computer and somehow,someway I didn't disconnect my phone right and some of the pictures on my phone can't be read anymore. When I click to view it, it says Unable to display file/Media Card/Blackberry/pictures..etc.. I try to delete it but it says:
    The selected file is read only. Are you sure you wish to delete the file?
    I click yes, and it still doesn't delete. I tried moving all my pictures onto my memory card and then deleting everything off my phone but still doesn't work. Now, I'm stuck with duplicates of pictures that aren't able to view. What should I do? Please help!
    09-19-08 06:31 PM
    Its not really clear where your phone thinks the pictures are stored (BB file memory or microSD card) but it sounds like a directory type structure got corrupted. I would try Formatting the microSD - AFTER you have copied any other data from it to your computer.

If the BB thinks the files are still in its flash File storage (not the SC card) then greater brains than mine are required to guide you, but worst case it might need a Wipe and reinstall.

WARNING - Formatting the microSD will completely wipe all the content. There is no 'undo' so make sure you double check you have saved everything you want before you click the final OK. Other than that you shouldn't be able to do any damage.
    09-19-08 07:40 PM
    Thanks branta for the reply!

when you mean that formatting the microSD will completely wipe all the content.. does that include all my contacts, songs and text messages also? should i format the Blackberry device memory instead?
    Last edited by nessaaa; 09-19-08 at 08:43 PM.
    09-19-08 08:41 PM
    Thanks branta for the reply!

when you mean that formatting the microSD will completely wipe all the content.. does that include all my contacts, songs and text messages also? should i format the Blackberry device memory instead?
    Read with care, and ask again if it is not clear. I have tried to make the words unambiguous here because confusion is easy and could make Bad Things happen. Two definitions:
    'device' means 'your BB device (the phone)'
    'module' means a storage device within the BB device, like the card or BB device memory.

Your BB device has 2 storage modules - the device memory, and the microSD.

Where to format? Depends where your corrupted info is stored - that's why I said 'save everything before you start'. Contacts and messages are usually stored in device memory. Songs and pictures *may* be stored there but you can also put them on the microSD. (microSD is an option, you don't need to have the card installed in your BB but it helps). You need hands-on to check how your storage is allocated, because YES the content of a module will be cleared when you format it.

Formatting is brutal, it clears everything from the module you select to be formatted. The 'other' module should remain untouched. If the problem is corrupted memory a format should fix it, but you need to format the right module. (Note - I don't know if formatting device memory also zaps installed applications, so proceed with caution and tap the wider experience of other users here first).
    09-20-08 05:03 AM
    Nessaaa,

I'm having a similar problem with my bold. Somehow old pics got on there and cannot be deleted the traditional way. they are "read only". Did the above advice help you?
    11-25-08 12:26 AM
    I just read a old post and had the same problem. I pulled the battery and it solved the problem, got rid of my read only and all the duplicates!
    Good Luck
    Norm
    03-30-09 01:31 PM
    I had the exact same problem I was actually about to start a new thread when this thread popped up as "similiar" I didn't think yanking the battery would do anything since it was like the file was still there. But hey your advice was 10x easier then Branta (no offence) So I pulled out the battery let it boot up and poof there all gone. Thanks Norm it actually works.
    02-17-10 10:07 AM
    Same thing happened with me, and a battery pull solved it all. It did it a couple of times, but seemed to stop once I upgraded my os. Maybe that helped, maybe it didn't...
    02-17-10 10:24 AM
    omqsh nessa thank qod i'm not the only tht this has happened too. ima newbiie was well and didnt have a clue on how to do tht like question thinqy like yu did bt anyways.... i have the blackberry curve 8530 & evrytime i click on wher it says ALL pictures it would always say the same thinq yu did and wen i click delete it still wouldnt do anythinq, i even called sprint and they couldnt even tell me wat the **** waz wronq wit mah fone.. if yu fiqure out how to find a way to make it qo away please let me knoe. thank yu
    03-11-10 05:24 PM
    I just read a old post and had the same problem. I pulled the battery and it solved the problem, got rid of my read only and all the duplicates!
    Good Luck
    Norm
    Worked great thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-10 01:19 PM
    The battery pull works but only temporary. Mine just all came back. As far back as a year ago. I did the battery pull again but abviously they are not "really" gone.
    08-06-10 10:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD