I installed the .580 OS and now my Starbucks MobileCard app is no longer working. I'm getting a long error message stating:

"Could not open JPA EntityManager for transaction; nested exception is javax.persistence. Persistence Exception: org.hibernate.exception.Generic. JDBCException: Cannot open connection"

I already deleted the app and reinstalled it because I got a message before saying something about a network connection and try again later. I updated the OS using DM.

This is the old Starbucks app that hasn't been updated by Starbucks for a long time so i'm wondering if it is not compatible with this OS update.

Anyone else having this problem?

In case your interested, I got the app from HaTaX at

http://hatax.home.comcast.net/~hatax...MobileCard.jad
    08-11-12 12:45 PM
    I had the same issue. It appears Mobile Card version 1.409 is not compatible with something in OS .580. Based on the error it looks like java issue probable incompatible version. Either way we can no longer establish a connection to the Starbucks database.

I know there was a newer version of MobileCard I believe 2.0, which was released shortly before Starbucks dropped blackberry. I used to have it and it worked much better on the 9850 then 1.409. Unfortunately it was accidently deleted and I cannot find the .cod for it anywhere.
    It may still work with this OS version if anyone still has it.

For now the convenience of the MobileCard is greater than the improvements of .580 so I am going back to my old OS ver.
    08-12-12 01:23 PM
    Same here. I need this on my phone as my son has the actual card and i reload on my phone. Had to leave him cash this morn. I will probably downgrade OS as well as my 9850 now blacks out as im typing. ?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 until my kick a$$ BB10 is released ! I'm stickin with RIM til one of us dies.
    08-13-12 10:59 AM
    Happening to me as well, i will just have to use the card again.
    08-13-12 06:11 PM
    So if the answer is to downgrade to an old OS version where the MobileCard app worked, which one would you downgrade to? I know it works on .167 (albeit not very well) but how about .402? Does it work on that, or any other leaked version? Thanks.
    08-13-12 08:11 PM
    It appears to have been a problem on Starbuck's end. Seems to be resolved now.
    Outbacker likes this.
    08-14-12 10:53 AM
    Yep. It now works for me too. And I was just about ready to downgrade.

Guess I'll head to Starbucks for a Frappuccino instead!
    08-14-12 02:32 PM
    Dude, that's hardcore. About to downgrade for a coffee app, awesome! I get it, I neeeed my caffine too.

Via my PlayBook and Tapatalk
    08-14-12 02:53 PM
    And now Starbucks has decided to discontinue the app effective August 28th... Great. Thanks a lot, Starbucks.
    08-17-12 12:13 AM
    08-17-12 12:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD