Why is it every time I do a back up I lose my Home Screen Image? It is no big deal to change it, but it is tiresome.

Also, how often should I do a back up?

~ VNDLEWIS

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-08 03:27 PM
    That is a strange side effect, I have not see it before.

How often you do a backup depends on how valuable your information is. For many of us, a weekly backup will insure the majority of our data is recoverable.

If your is very important, doing a daily sync or backup would be justified. It only take a couple mins.
    09-19-08 03:50 PM
    I go to the default theme and lose my home image every time I sync with my desktop. I just assumed it was the norm!
    09-19-08 03:55 PM
    Well I have only had my phone a week. I have backed up everytime I added or deleted something. I am still learning and wanted to know what others do.

~ VNDLEWIS

09-19-08 03:56 PM
    Well I have only had my phone a week. I have backed up everytime I added or deleted something. I am still learning and wanted to know what others do.

~ VNDLEWIS

This is because your wallpaper is stored on your memory card, not internal to your BB,
    If you get a call while you're tethering, it will be a default ringer internal to the BB that rings.
    The way around this is to either move your wallpaper image from your card to your BB or just do a soft reset/battery pull after you disconnect. This isn't a bad habit anyway, since your media will not always be cataloged right till you reboot anyway.
    09-19-08 04:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD