i saw one or two messages in the crackberry forum with others having the same issue dating as far back as 2009... i believe the individual was using a blackberry curve 8330 so this issue does not seem limited to bold 9930 nor the blackberry 7.1 operating system so i wasn't a 100% sure where to post this question.

whenever i select an email address via an sms message it does not select my default email address to send from it's always my second email address, however whenever i choose to create a new email it's always my default email that's chosen.

my personal email address was added first so i figured a temporary fix and a way around this would be to delete both email addreses and just add my personal email address second after making sure it was selected as default but that did not help either as the issue still remains.

i've accidentally sent personal emails via my work address and this is a concern of me so for now i've removed my work email address.

08-07-12 07:22 PM
    bump.

i realize this forum gets flooded pretty quick but can anyone help?

to summarize.. i have two email accounts. my personal email address is set as the default under "default services" and when i go to create a new email address it shows this as being the default however whenever i click an email link from within an SMS it chooses by work email address which is not my default email address. i've tried to remove and re-add both and also tried to add them in opposite orders.
    08-09-12 02:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD