Woke up this morning and phone was in the reboot cycle. Found out the problem is that when I try and connect it to wifi, it reboots but if I use 4G its fine. Any solutions to this?
    08-07-12 03:00 PM
    Bump for an answer. Ironically this just started happening to me this morning as well. i logged onto CB to check for a new OS build, maybe that will fix the solution. Currently running v7.1.0.342. Bold 9900 on Tmobile.
    08-07-12 03:13 PM
    I have t-mobile as well. Maybe this is a T-mobile issue.
    08-07-12 03:15 PM
    Today, phone was fine in the morning, and I was out in town doing errands. When I got home, phone loaded to Wi-Fi and of course, Wi-Fi calling. As it did so, it re-booted. And did so for a number of times. I decided to take phone to T-Mobile, and by the time I got there it was fine. I returned home, and it started rebooting again. Battery pulls would not stop it. They had me do a wipe, thinking that would fix issue. It did not, but it did point out that all was OK until I connected to Wi-Fi, and the Wi-Fi calling notice came up. This caused prompt reboot. I returned to T-Mobile, and showed them by connecting to their Wi-Fi. It caused reboot of my phone. The connected to their hot-spot, and it worked fine. Connecting to their general Wi-Fi that had Wi-Fi calling only enabled, it caused reboot.

Actually, the rep finally noticed what he thought was the cause. He noticed that my sim card was not accepted for Wi-Fi calling. Of course it would not be, since early 9900 was shipped without Wi-Fi calling enabled. We switched to new sim card, but this did not fix problem.

I am getting a replacement but it is on back order. All I can say, is that this all worked fine before this morning. Now I know Wi-Fi calling will only work for me on hotspot.
    08-07-12 06:21 PM
    I'm glad I'm not the only one. I have a T-Mobile BB 9900, reloading software isn't even working. Better get on the phone and get a replacement.
    08-07-12 07:49 PM
    I'm having the same issue, had to leave home then disable my Wi-Fi in order to stop the reboot cycle.
    08-07-12 10:05 PM
    No need to disable WiFi completely. For me it was WiFi calling only that causes reboot cycle. I just made WiFi calling not happen for a while until someone at t-mobile fixes this.
    08-07-12 10:42 PM
    How do you disable the wifi calling?
    08-07-12 11:48 PM
    In mobile network settings switch from wifi calling preferred to mobile network only.
    wing2299 likes this.
    08-08-12 12:07 AM
    Thanks. I tried that, can't get the phone to connect to my wifi though, just stays off. At least it doesn't reboot itself though
    08-08-12 12:27 AM
    I just talked to T Mobile. They confirmed that my 9900 needs an updated sim card that supports wifi calling. Headed to the store to get one. I don't understand why wifi calling was working until yesterday. I think T Mobile did something to their network but not sure. The only thing is the new card is going to cost me $20. That doesn't seem right but I need my wifi calling to work again so I'll bite the bullet. Hope everyone else gets this rebooting problem resolved. I spent the entire day yesterday on the phone with T Mobile and Blackberry. Very frustrating!
    08-08-12 02:14 PM
    Worst part is that new sim card will not fix it. My T-Mobile guy did the switch for free by the way. Oh and I was able to demonstrate to him that the Bold 9900 he had in store as a demonstrator did exactly the same reboot loop if switched to wifi calling.
    08-08-12 02:20 PM
    It didn't fix the problem? Well I won't give them the $20 if it doesn't work. Judas! Thanks.
    08-08-12 02:24 PM
    You say you are getting a 'replacement'. Is that the card or the phone?
    08-08-12 02:26 PM
    I'm getting a replacement phone as well. I'm not sure if this will fix the problem though
    08-08-12 02:28 PM
    Whoa.....good luck!
    08-08-12 02:34 PM
    If not I will just return it
    08-08-12 02:36 PM
    Replacement phone is not a fix. A brand new one as in store demonstrator did reboot cycles once wifi enabled and wifi calling preferred was set. Seems to me that in store phone should have been trouble free if it was anything other than a network issue. How different can a new out of the box phone be?
    08-08-12 02:47 PM
    True, good point. Guess wifi calling is no more with t-mobile. Very sad
    08-08-12 03:18 PM
    So I did 2 wipes and installed two types of OS's. then came here. i just tried turning off the wifi, worked like a charm. :S I always hated T mobile with a passion, now I can see why
    08-08-12 04:01 PM
    did this new "sim card" work?
    08-08-12 04:02 PM
    Nope, doesn't work. Tried a new sim at the t-mobile store. This is such a shame
    08-08-12 05:02 PM
    I just got a new sim card at the T Mobile store also. No charge fortunately. No problem in the store. They didn't really have any wifi. I just got home.....as soon as it tried to hook up to my wifi...........reboot! It's a network issue. Just no body will admit it!
    08-08-12 05:46 PM
    Yeah, t-mobile needs to get on top of this. This is embarassing
    08-08-12 06:01 PM
    New replacement phone got here and as predicted, still reboots if WiFi calling enabled. But, keyboard has slightly better feel to it. If it is otherwise stable, I may keep it.
    08-08-12 06:25 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD