I'm thinking about purchasing a bold 9900/9930 just not sure which carrier to go with though. Any advice would be appreciated, thank you.
    08-07-12 01:41 PM
    Check with the carrier coverage maps and choose based on which has the strongest service in your immediate area, or where you spend most of your time. Nothing will be more frustrating than not having service. Otherwise you have a $600 paperweight.

Great phone, you'll LOVE it.
    08-07-12 01:44 PM
    Check with the carrier coverage maps and choose based on which has the strongest service in your immediate area, or where you spend most of your time. Nothing will be more frustrating than not having service. Otherwise you have a $600 paperweight.

Great phone, you'll LOVE it.
    About the same coverage from either provider in my area.
    08-07-12 01:54 PM
    If they're both equal (and stressing equal), I'd choose AT&T... You'll get slightly faster download speeds because of HSPA+ and you'll be able to access data while on a call.

Those two features would push AT&T ahead of VZW, in my opinion.
    WindingBerry likes this.
    08-07-12 02:01 PM
    If they're both equal (and stressing equal), I'd choose AT&T... You'll get slightly faster download speeds because of HSPA+ and you'll be able to access data while on a call.

AT&T for the speed, but make sure you get schooled up on loading a NON AT&T OS on your Bold; they have not yet released a 7.1 version and you will want it!

Spend some time here reading up on which release is best for you ( research mic issues, do you need HotSpot/tethering, battery life, etc), and look for some good info on how to do the OS load - and do it before you transfer all the contacts/etc from your old phone.
    08-07-12 02:08 PM
    I failed to mention, my area is 3g. I don't expect to see 4g any time soon.
    08-07-12 02:19 PM
    AT&T Coverage Viewer

This will break down the types of data speeds available in your area. Hope this helps
    WindingBerry likes this.
    08-07-12 02:30 PM
    AT&T Coverage Viewer

This will break down the types of data speeds available in your area. Hope this helps
    OK, I have HSPA+ for my area just not LTE. When I purchased my previous phone this was not the case, we only had 3g. Awesome news!
    What about the device itself? Will a 9930 be able to work with either carrier or should I just stick to the phone provided by which ever carrier I choose?
    08-07-12 02:44 PM
    What about the device itself? Will a 9930 be able to work with either carrier or should I just stick to the phone provided by which ever carrier I choose?
    If you choose to use a 9930 on AT&T, you'll only receive EDGE (2G).
    08-07-12 02:48 PM
    OK, I have HSPA+ for my area just not LTE. When I purchased my previous phone this was not the case, we only had 3g. Awesome news!
    Get the 9900 for AT&T. It has the capability to utilize the hspa+ frequency.
    08-07-12 02:54 PM
    Thanks everyone, I think I will go with AT&T. Now I have to figure out how to swap phones on my current line w/out paying the full price of the phone.
    08-07-12 03:14 PM
    Go to Sprint and check out their coverage map. I am also in a 3G area and am really happy with Sprint. Don't forget Sprint has unlimited Data and their updates are current. Love my 9930 and Sprint.. AT&T is expensive as is Verizon...read all of the small print
    08-07-12 05:06 PM
    AT&T data speeds will be much better on HSPA vs EVDO...
    08-07-12 05:16 PM
    Go to Sprint and check out their coverage map. I am also in a 3G area and am really happy with Sprint. Don't forget Sprint has unlimited Data and their updates are current. Love my 9930 and Sprint.. AT&T is expensive as is Verizon...read all of the small print
    x2, If its not unlimited data I'm not sure why you would want to pay over $100/month. Go with Sprint for unlimited or a prepaid. All others your spending more than you need.
    08-08-12 01:26 AM

I may be mistaken but thought that LTE is faster than HSPA+ which some call 3.5G.

Also if you travel. ATT has more dead spots.
    08-08-12 05:02 AM
    AT&T.

RUN from VZW. Run and never look back.
    08-08-12 07:44 AM
    I may be mistaken but thought that LTE is faster than HSPA+ which some call 3.5G.
    It is, but there are no LTE capable BlackBerry handsets... HSPA+ is the fastest currently available.
    08-08-12 08:08 AM
    It is, but there are no LTE capable BlackBerry handsets... HSPA+ is the fastest currently available.
    OIC you propbably do not have one of those BB10 models yet. :-)
    08-08-12 08:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD