After having learned that PIN messages and even text/SMS messages can be logged on the BES (and thus be retrieved by the admin) I am now wondering about the privacy of the emails I am sending/receving on the additional private email accounts (POP3/OWA) I set up on my company BB.

To be very clear: My BB is on a BES so I know that all company emails go through BES and Exchange where Admins can read them. I am now wondering if the "private" emails accounts are also routed through the BES or go directly to the RIM infrastructure (like on a BIS account). If RIM can read my emails, that does not trouble me...

Thanks for your input on this.

Thomas
    08-07-12 08:57 AM
    08-07-12 08:59 AM
    Thank you!

This is exactly the information I have been looking for. Finding this earlier would have saved me tons of time I spent reading through posts from people who do not know their BES from their BIS!

Thanks again,
    Thomas
    08-07-12 09:24 AM
    If you are that concerned, you should either get a second device, or eliminate using personal email on a BES device.
    08-07-12 09:44 AM
    If you link your device to the company network, your privacy goes out the window. They have a responsibility to proactively protect their data and their network, by the means they deem necessary. You should understand that before putting ANYTHING personal in the hands of someone else.

This will become an increasingly more popular discussion point as BYOD progresses.
    08-07-12 09:47 AM
    Has there been any update on this for BlackBerry 10 (and BES10, 10.1)? I have been searching, and can't find anything specific. If it's already posted somewhere, can someone please share the link. I am very curious as to what can be seen/controlled.
    03-23-14 09:49 PM
    Has there been any update on this for BlackBerry 10 (and BES10, 10.1)? I have been searching, and can't find anything specific. If it's already posted somewhere, can someone please share the link. I am very curious as to what can be seen/controlled.
    BES 10 requires that the user have a regulated policy which requires a regulated CAL.

I have several hundred users that are regulated on BES 10 and BES 5.X

On BES 10, a regulated device does not have balance enabled. It makes the device work just like a BBOS device on BES5. Also you can control items like roaming and control what apps a user can have. Because only the admin can push the apps.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-14 09:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD