after 2 weeks of not using my playbook, i just got back on it today, and found out on this website that it had an update. i was really hoping to download it, but also read people had problems with the update. so maybe it's a good thing i am late to the party lol......you think they will release another update as a result of what happened?
    08-05-12 01:07 PM
    after 2 weeks of not using my playbook, i just got back on it today, and found out on this website that it had an update. i was really hoping to download it, but also read people had problems with the update. so maybe it's a good thing i am late to the party lol......you think they will release another update as a result of what happened?
    A few others (im one) dodged the bullet and didnt download it either before it was pulled. I worked some long hours and had not got around to downloading it before RIM got wind it was bunk and pulled it.
    08-05-12 01:43 PM
    2 weeks?!!!

Dude were you in a coma? I'd die if I don't touch this thing atleast once an hour. Lol
    08-05-12 01:45 PM
    Brother your not alone, many people including me didn't upgrade because the OS didn't have anything new, just some patch work.
    I feel sad for those people who downloaded it
    08-05-12 01:56 PM
    2 weeks? ouch. I don't do 2 days lol

BTW I was one of the LUCKY ones...I got the update. My PB is better then ever!!!

.......though some people had issues with the update.
    BB10FTW likes this.
    08-05-12 02:01 PM
    I advise you to rather go for beta (if available).

very stable and you don't have to wait for some good stuff. android player is awesome on beta.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    08-05-12 02:02 PM
    2 weeks? ouch. I don't do 2 days lol.
    For me 2 hours ;p
    08-05-12 02:05 PM
    I updated it, no problems so far. In fact my battery lasts longer than before!
    08-05-12 02:09 PM
    Well, I'm on the 2.1 beta and I received the 3mb OS file that came out with this "update" and I've noticed improvements in the browser, bridge connectivity (distance PB has to be from the phone has increased), and over all smoothness of the OS has improved. This maintenance update actually did some good on the beta.

And my wife did the update to the .688 and she is experiencing NO issues, and even SHE has noticed improvements and I would categorize her as a "Novice" (browsing facebook) user. So....

We're in the A okay category I guess....
    08-05-12 02:13 PM
    2 weeks? ouch. I don't do 2 days lol
    My 2 playbook's run 24/7, never been shutdown from 2-3 months
    2 weeks ouch ouch ouch
    08-05-12 02:27 PM
    Two PB's updated without issue. I use to get some keyboard stutter occasionally and that has either been fixed or I just haven't seen it yet. I would agree that the bridge distance seems greatly improved. I don't know how that happens with a software update but it is so.
    08-05-12 02:52 PM
    Brother your not alone, many people including me didn't upgrade because the OS didn't have anything new, just some patch work.
    Don't feel sad for all of us. My battery life has improved. Browser did close once by itself, but I rather like improved battery a lot.
    08-05-12 04:15 PM
    I updated to the new OS and haven't had any issues whatsoever. The browsing seems a little faster and im noticing slightly better standby battery life.
    08-05-12 04:30 PM
    I don't know why you would feel bad for those of us who downloaded it, after a weekend of semi-heavy use I can't see any differences between this and the previous builds.

Hopefully the next version will be 2.1 official...
    08-05-12 04:32 PM
    I've heard if you don't touch your PlayBook in two weeks, it falls off.
    Gatmyer likes this.
    08-05-12 04:38 PM
    I updated as well & mine's working great. Games, Kobo, browser - all perfect. No heat or battery drain here. I have no regrets but do feel bad for those who had problems with it.
    08-05-12 04:46 PM
    Almost wonder if the issues were more hardware related maybe? 16gb vs 32gb vs 63gb?
    Ours both got the update, one on beta - one not. Haven't seen any issues yet - both feel pretty much the same as before.
    08-05-12 04:52 PM
    I updated and it seems ok(so far).

The browser really seems to be faster, but then again i didnt count how much time it took to go to a page before the new patch lol

So, so far so good... Let's hope it stays this way...

Sent from a old but beautiful BB 8520 or a new and shinny PB 2.0
    08-05-12 04:58 PM
    To be honest I have also downloaded it and nothing bad has happened to my playbook the battery does last a little bit longer as well so all is good.
    08-05-12 05:24 PM
    All is great here after the upgrade. Browser seems better, some apps that used to lock up run good now. Battery life is still excellent, not running hot.
    08-05-12 05:31 PM
    The .668 update improved the responsiveness of my Bluetooth keyboard and I noticed none of the problems others have been posting about. However, I have always kept my BlackBerry PlayBooks up to date with the latest official releases so maybe that accounts for the smooth experience with .668. Now. awaiting 2.1.x but not very patiently I will confess.
    08-05-12 06:14 PM
    I've heard if you don't touch your PlayBook in two weeks, it falls off.
    ROFLMAO Thank you.
    08-05-12 06:14 PM
    lol .....i had got a new android phone (galaxy s3) and been playing with that and getting used to it. thats why i haven't used my tablet for 2 weeks....i still love and use the playbook
    08-05-12 11:18 PM
    Well, I'm on the 2.1 beta and I received the 3mb OS file that came out with this "update" and I've noticed improvements in the browser, bridge connectivity (distance PB has to be from the phone has increased), and over all smoothness of the OS has improved. This maintenance update actually did some good on the beta.

And my wife did the update to the .688 and she is experiencing NO issues, and even SHE has noticed improvements and I would categorize her as a "Novice" (browsing facebook) user. So....

We're in the A okay category I guess....
    I thought the 3mb was just a patch for the flash vulnerabilities?
    08-06-12 08:31 AM
    I must have the best PB ever...Not once have I had an issue with my device, which is named, Happy, Happy, Happy.
    08-06-12 08:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD